Home

NBA 2K16 Patch #3 Available Now For Xbox One

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Patch #3 Available Now For Xbox One within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2015, 06:48 AM   #81
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA 2K16 Patch #3 Available Now For Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Also seems like my replays are also broken as well. When it's about to go to a replay, it just like glitches and go back to the game. Thinking that's also what happen to my ring ceremony, it just skipped it. Hopefully, that stuff can be cleaned up soon..

This started for me last night.

Was back this morning

Hopefully just a blip
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2015, 11:07 AM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzleroybrown

and laggy defense when you play is a joke. sometimes when you attempt to add more animations to a game it suffers till the end of the year before it plays good. i am tired of having to wait for the game to be responsive to my actions on the court i feel like a person who has alzheimer's when i attempt to play defense..
This statement is my biggest biggest issue with 2ks gameplay.. Post patch there are some notable improvements ... But this statement above kills the game for me...

Here's the deal:

2k gives us so much control... They include defensive and offensive tutorial vids in the game... They give us PoE.. Sampham and daCzar post helpful defensive tips on man to man defensive ...

So 2K.. Why give us all this control on defense... If your going to decide the outcome for us when the cpu AI decide to make a scoring move to the basket ???? And you use a Jedi mind trick to lag the user on defense then release us once the cpu has had its way with us .. and hope our minds and eyes believe it's all a legit fluent behavior ..??? Yes it works against kids who can't tell the difference ... But 2k has to know it's mostly older teenagers and Aldults who play mygm and my league and use all the tools the game give us to create a realistic experience as much as possible...

All the feed back post patch is great guys but I feel with all the different modes on this game there needs to be split post patch comments threads ... It's hard to read through all the issues with Myplayer and my career when those are modes some of us don't touch and vice versa... Sorry you guys are having sooo many issues post patch with those modes man. I will start a thread for MyGm / MyLeague post patch Sim impressions ... If a mod thinks it's a bad idea then let me know ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2015, 11:39 AM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 0
Thumbs up Re: NBA 2K16 Patch #3 Available Now For Xbox One

Really starting to hate this patch. Playing against the CPU is just drivng me nuts.

https://account.xbox.com/en-US/gamec...d-70e811081528

Perfect defense, but Monroe hits ridiculously tough shot. If that had been me shooting that, it would've been a Death Star Lego brick.

Here a nice lil' crossover by Bledsoe...but watch what happen at the other end. The CPU's perimeter bumping does not seem to be affected in the least. I understand Bledsoe is a good defender, but I still have Kyle Korver bodying up people like Rose and Curry and forcing them to pick up their dribble.
Old 11-25-2015, 11:57 AM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlipmode
This statement is my biggest biggest issue with 2ks gameplay.. Post patch there are some notable improvements ... But this statement above kills the game for me...

Here's the deal:

2k gives us so much control... They include defensive and offensive tutorial vids in the game... They give us PoE.. Sampham and daCzar post helpful defensive tips on man to man defensive ...

So 2K.. Why give us all this control on defense... If your going to decide the outcome for us when the cpu AI decide to make a scoring move to the basket ???? And you use a Jedi mind trick to lag the user on defense then release us once the cpu has had its way with us .. and hope our minds and eyes believe it's all a legit fluent behavior ..??? Yes it works against kids who can't tell the difference ... But 2k has to know it's mostly older teenagers and Aldults who play mygm and my league and use all the tools the game give us to create a realistic experience as much as possible...

All the feed back post patch is great guys but I feel with all the different modes on this game there needs to be split post patch comments threads ... It's hard to read through all the issues with Myplayer and my career when those are modes some of us don't touch and vice versa... Sorry you guys are having sooo many issues post patch with those modes man. I will start a thread for MyGm / MyLeague post patch Sim impressions ... If a mod thinks it's a bad idea then let me know ..

Try turning down your CPU assist, if necessary turn it down to 0, I hope this helps.

Try turning down your CPU assist, if necessary turn it down to 0, I hope this helps.
Old 11-25-2015, 11:57 AM   #85
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thormessiah
Really starting to hate this patch. Playing against the CPU is just drivng me nuts.

Perfect defense, but Monroe hits ridiculously tough shot. If that had been me shooting that, it would've been a Death Star Lego brick.

Here a nice lil' crossover by Bledsoe...but watch what happen at the other end. The CPU's perimeter bumping does not seem to be affected in the least. I understand Bledsoe is a good defender, but I still have Kyle Korver bodying up people like Rose and Curry and forcing them to pick up their dribble.

Yeah man the first vid is classic 2k when the shot clock is going down or when they decide they will get a bucket this Possession no matter what ... The will score!! Lol it's stupid

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2015, 12:03 PM   #86
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tha_show256

It's at zero by default always has been on 12 min superstar sim... I check it from time to time to see if it goes up ... I even raised it to 100 thinking. It may be reversed lol. Same result ... The worse is when the country rush pick and roll and the big runs under the goal and you know the cheesy pass is coming and your in front of the center waiting to steal the ball... When the AI is ready to make the pass and your in the passing lane it will move your guy out of the way and make the pass.. Or if your about to get to the passing lane... It will slow you down so it can make the pass..

But thx for the advice man I'm at a lost with the gameplay from 2k for allowing this crap in the game ..

Old 11-25-2015, 01:14 PM   #87
Rookie

I like some of the improvements but I'm not really liking the on ball defense adjustments. You can just set up dribble yourself open pretty consistently. Too much interior passing as well. Not sure if its patch related but wayyy too many bailout fouls as well.

I am liking that inside shots have been toned down

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2015, 01:35 PM   #88
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsVURN
I like some of the improvements but I'm not really liking the on ball defense adjustments. You can just set up dribble yourself open pretty consistently. Too much interior passing as well. Not sure if its patch related but wayyy too many bailout fouls as well.

I am liking that inside shots have been toned down

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
After playing 5 games last night, my biggest complaint would be the on the ball defense. Not sure why I'm really surprised that it's toned down. Defense always take a backseat to the offense. However, I feel like my opponents were just "moving" past me at angles, and there was little to no contact animations unless they ran directly into me. I am happy that sliding around on defense is less noticeable overall, and DEFINITELY happy that my players are flopping less and not getting many blocking fouls.

I'm not too concern about the blocking. As much as I loved pinning the shot attempts to backboard (I will genuinely miss that, lol), realism is realism. Also, I'm going to chalk up my poor shooting to either a new behind the scenes tweak or the patch had an impact on the players' releases. I'll just go into practice mode and readjust. I was shooting a lot of C+ or lower shots. Before the patch, I was shooting a lot more B- and higher shots.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »