Home

Is anyone else having trouble driving in???

This is a discussion on Is anyone else having trouble driving in??? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2015, 08:39 PM   #1
Rookie

Ruben2424's Arena

OVR: 0
Is anyone else having trouble driving in???

It doesn't seem to matter who I'm using or what dribble moves I perform, I just can't seem to beat my defender off the dribble. Pick and roll barely works either. Anyone else having trouble driving in?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2015, 10:00 AM   #2
Pro

JoFri's Arena

Re: Is anyone else having trouble driving in???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruben2424
It doesn't seem to matter who I'm using or what dribble moves I perform, I just can't seem to beat my defender off the dribble. Pick and roll barely works either. Anyone else having trouble driving in?

it works fine for me on superstar simulation human vs cpu myleague. what team and game mode are u in?
Old 12-09-2015, 11:12 AM   #3
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I can beat my man . I'm trying to improve on using the hop steps, euro steps, drop steps without getting stripped so much . Any advice ?
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 12-09-2015, 12:11 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruben2424
If you're trying to rush-in, rely on size-ups or abuse the pick and roll, I can understand why you're having trouble.

It's more difficult to drive, yes, but you just have to change your strategy. The give and go is quite consistent.
Old 12-09-2015, 12:12 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
I can beat my man . I'm trying to improve on using the hop steps, euro steps, drop steps without getting stripped so much . Any advice ?
Use them sparingly and in open space. If you attempt to spam those moves, especially in traffic, your success will be abysmal.

Fast break euro steps when the defender hasn't turned their hips to the opposite way they are running are lovely.

Hop steps when you have the defender slightly beat and on your hip will yield good results as well. Intertwine some fakes on hop step drives if you have an over aggressive defender and draw the foul

Truth be told, I wish the spin drive wasn't as dumbed down as they made it for patch 3. If the upped the effectiveness a LITTLE bit I wouldn't be opposed to it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2015, 12:47 PM   #6
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
Use them sparingly and in open space. If you attempt to spam those moves, especially in traffic, your success will be abysmal.

Fast break euro steps when the defender hasn't turned their hips to the opposite way they are running are lovely.

Hop steps when you have the defender slightly beat and on your hip will yield good results as well. Intertwine some fakes on hop step drives if you have an over aggressive defender and draw the foul

Truth be told, I wish the spin drive wasn't as dumbed down as they made it for patch 3. If the upped the effectiveness a LITTLE bit I wouldn't be opposed to it.
Yeah I do use them sparingly . My PF myplayer had the hop step badge. Often times I'm guarding 7'3 centers so I have to use my speed to my advantage. I'll beat him and use the hopstep and still lose the ball. Really frustrating
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 12-09-2015, 01:02 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Yeah I do use them sparingly . My PF myplayer had the hop step badge. Often times I'm guarding 7'3 centers so I have to use my speed to my advantage. I'll beat him and use the hopstep and still lose the ball. Really frustrating
I play strictly offline so it may be a different experience for you and I. However if you beat a defender have you tried to just laying the ball up with your left or right hand away from the defender instead of hop stepping?

If I have the defender beat the hop step will slow me down and give the defender an opportunity to catch up; I only use it if they are slightly beat and still on my hip baiting me into a block.
Old 12-09-2015, 01:13 PM   #8
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
I play strictly offline so it may be a different experience for you and I. However if you beat a defender have you tried to just laying the ball up with your left or right hand away from the defender instead of hop stepping?

If I have the defender beat the hop step will slow me down and give the defender an opportunity to catch up; I only use it if they are slightly beat and still on my hip baiting me into a block.
Nah I'm to slow to go straight up I'll get block. I use the hop step to bait the defender into jumping . Usually he jumps early and lands on my back no foul call and I'll lose the ball. Or I blow by him and a "ghost rips" me . When I do go up instead of hop stepping it's so slow that the 7'3 centers who have max defense and athleticism block me . Most times I just past out honestly .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »