Home

The SF Caps Are Embarrassingly Bad and 2K should feel bad

This is a discussion on The SF Caps Are Embarrassingly Bad and 2K should feel bad within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2015, 02:28 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The SF Caps Are Embarrassingly Bad and 2K should feel bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnyce87
I've been pushing for this in the "Community MyPlayer Playstyles" thread and hopefully the devs can watch the thread as I am creating many different playstyles (ball security included). I've made 7 different playstyles on SF alone and want to see what people think about them.
We shouldn't have to rate their game for them.

The crap is sad. We shouldn't be the ones spotting obvious BS like SF caps. If we gotta point all this out, they might as well hire us to do it for them.

I see your thread and I like the ideas in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2015, 02:47 PM   #26
Pro

dnyce87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cablexdeadpool
Actually the Myplayer SF has the most overall athleticism out of all SFs in the entire game

You can have an 90 standing dunk, 86 driving dunk, 73 speed and acceleration, and an 83 vertical at 6'9 if you boosted. (this is off the top of my head). You could be a freak athlete SF.

The average SF speed in the game is 70 to 75. Most SFs don't have a center's standing dunk.

Only Lebron and Carmelo got speed in the 80s. Even Giannis and Durant and PG13 got speed in the 70s.

2K made rating classes this year...

PGs and SGs can have 80 plus speed, 80 plus handles
SFs can have 70 plus speed and 70 plus handles, but a few exceptions exist
PFs can have 60 plus speed and 60 plus handles, but a few exceptions exist
Cs can have 50 plus speed and 50 plus handles, but a few exceptions exist

What 2K stupidly did is more us be able to create 6'3 and 6'4 SFs. So the range of the caps extends that damn far. How many 6'3 and 6'4 SFs even exist?

What 2K should've done, is looked at the average height of the positions in the NBA and looked at the high end and the low end and make clear height distinctions at the positional level.

If the 6'3 and 6'4 SF didn't exist, the caps would be correct with the SFs in the game.

Instead any SF we can make that is normal height, will always be below average when it comes ball control.
They need to eliminate SF being 6'3 & 6'4. I don't think (correct me if I'm wrong) there are any SF shorter than 6'5 in the history of the NBA. On top of that, the only player I can think of that was 6'5 is Trenton Hassell (played on New Jersey Nets in the mid 2000's)
Old 11-25-2015, 03:00 PM   #27
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Actually the Myplayer SF has the most overall athleticism out of all SFs in the entire game

You can have an 90 standing dunk, 86 driving dunk, 73 speed and acceleration, and an 83 vertical at 6'9 if you boosted. (this is off the top of my head). You could be a freak athlete SF.

The average SF speed in the game is 70 to 75. Most SFs don't have a center's standing dunk.

Only Lebron and Carmelo got speed in the 80s. Even Giannis and Durant and PG13 got speed in the 70s.

2K made rating classes this year...

PGs and SGs can have 80 plus speed, 80 plus handles
SFs can have 70 plus speed and 70 plus handles, but a few exceptions exist
PFs can have 60 plus speed and 60 plus handles, but a few exceptions exist
Cs can have 50 plus speed and 50 plus handles, but a few exceptions exist

What 2K stupidly did is more us be able to create 6'3 and 6'4 SFs. So the range of the caps extends that damn far. How many 6'3 and 6'4 SFs even exist?

What 2K should've done, is looked at the average height of the positions in the NBA and looked at the high end and the low end and make clear height distinctions at the positional level.

If the 6'3 and 6'4 SF didn't exist, the caps would be correct with the SFs in the game.

Instead any SF we can make that is normal height, will always be below average when it comes ball control.
That actually makes sense. The range is too wide, so the SFs with average, or above average, height for the position are penalized. That should be addressed next year. Has to be.

Also, I haven't taken that close a look at player's attributes, but if Melo's speed is in range of Bron's & no other SFs are...that's a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnyce87
I've been pushing for this in the "Community MyPlayer Playstyles" thread and hopefully the devs can watch the thread as I am creating many different playstyles (ball security included). I've made 7 different playstyles on SF alone and want to see what people think about them.
I know your thread. There's some good content in there. I mentioned to a moderator that it could use a sticky, but I didn't want to push it.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:03 PM   #28
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Most of the CAP on offense are based on real players. What makes MyPlayers overall be in the 99 is defense. The offensive stats are based on real players

For example

A 6'5 outside SG is based on Bradley Beal

Balanced Scoring shooting stats is based on Lebron.

6'10 Outside SF is based on Toni Kukoc, real talk, a 6'10 Outside SF is really just Toni Kukoc, it's identical.

I went thru and looked for real players the caps are based on and it is there, you just gotta dig throughout the entire game. I used 2Khead.

2K just really messed up when it came to the Ball Control of SFs.
Who is playmaker ability comparable to for Balanced SG?

You're saying I plug these numbers into 2khead.com and I will receive a match?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2015, 03:05 PM   #29
Pro

dnyce87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
That actually makes sense. The range is too wide, so the SFs with average, or above average, height for the position are penalized. That should be addressed next year. Has to be.

Also, I haven't taken that close a look at player's attributes, but if Melo's speed is in range of Bron's & no other SFs are...that's a problem.

I know your thread. There's some good content in there. I mentioned to a moderator that it could use a sticky, but I didn't want to push it.
Thanks man, I haven't tried pushing it asking a moderator since it isn't my thread originally, but I took over since it was made to at least keep it alive. I'm working on Center playstyles now and this one will have at least 5 unique playstyles.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:30 PM   #30
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

I never looked at it like that, but I have thought about making a short SF because the caps were nice..

But put into perspective pushing the heights down that low is really the reason why the normal sizes are punished.

Average size SF these days is what? 6'8/9? With so many guys these days being long and athletic players who can play the 2-4 I understand why 7' sf's were annoying....

But honestly they needed to just tone down the dribbling and speed.

The height cap at 6'10 doesn't bother me either.

It bothers me that the position where the most versatile, lengthy, athletic players play is full of the opposite.

-Allen Iverson
Old 11-25-2015, 07:54 PM   #31
Rookie

myathebee's Arena

Handles and Ball control should have been separated years ago....Still waiting 2k.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2015, 08:36 PM   #32
Pro

dnyce87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by myathebee
Handles and Ball control should have been separated years ago....Still waiting 2k.
It was separate at one point. I think 2k13 was the last time? I may be wrong there, but for a few years they def were separate. 2k just needs to bring that back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »