Home

The SF Caps Are Embarrassingly Bad and 2K should feel bad

This is a discussion on The SF Caps Are Embarrassingly Bad and 2K should feel bad within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2015, 07:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
The SF Caps Are Embarrassingly Bad and 2K should feel bad

2K should hate themselves for what they did.

Lets put it like this.

The average Ball Control rating for a SF that is a Silver to Gold player is a 70.

The average Passing ratings for a SF is around 65 (for a Silver to Gold Player).

2K has it where you can be a GOAT level passer for a SF with the max Passing ratings in the 90s but be one of the worst dribblers at the position.

I like how the new rating system overall individualizes players, since now every single point guard doesn't have ball handling in the 90s and etc...

But when it comes to SFs in MyPark and MyCareer, they are capped so damn bad when it comes to Ball Control.

First of all, there is no such thing as a damn 6'3 SF. SFs should start at 6'5.

Second, the lowest a SFs ball control should go to is a 70, since across the entire game, I have only come across a few SFs that have Ball Control in the 60s to 50s.

That's Kawhi Leonard Pre Update, Suns Shawn Marion, Toni Kukoc, Suns Larry Nance, Doug McDermott and Corey Brewer.

The max Ball Control should be a 78. Lebron's ball control is 77. Carmelo and Kevin Durant has the highest ball control out of all SFs - 88 and 89 Ball Control...which is stupid, it makes them better dribblers than almost half the point guards in the game, but whatever.

Third, SFs should not be able to get damn 90 freaking passing stats. Even Lebron James only has an 81 passing accuracy. Only cheat code Larry Bird has passing accuracy in the 90s.

Passing should be capped at 80.

Fourth, the max speed of a SF should be an 80 and the lowest should be a 72. The fastest Current SF is Lebron with 86 speed and Grant Hill and Nuggets Melo are the fastest SFs in the game with speed at 88.

Fifth, the shooting caps regarding the scoring types is perfect. They actually match existing SFs in the game.

And I only care about Park, players should be allowed to make demi gods in MyCareer, so this is mostly about Park.

SFs are broken as hell and the Playmaking is capped so bad that 2k should feel bad about it, since the SF you can create when it comes to Playmaking does not represent any SF in the game.

You'll create the GOAT non dribbling passing SF.

Last edited by cablexdeadpool; 11-24-2015 at 08:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2015, 07:30 PM   #2
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: The SF Caps Are Embarrassingly Bad and 2K should feel bad

Great post. I understand why they did it as last year you had too many 7 foot small forwards with Curry handles but I think they went a tad overboard. I think my sf started with a low 50's ball control and I can cap out at like 66 or 67 lol.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 11-24-2015 at 07:37 PM.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:32 PM   #3
Pro

dnyce87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cablexdeadpool
2K should hate themselves for what they did.

Lets put it like this.

The average Ball Control rating for a SF that is a Silver to Gold player is a 70.

The average Passing ratings for a SF is around 65 (for a Silver to Gold Player).

2K has it where you can be a GOAT level passer for a SF with the max Passing ratings in the 90s but be one of the worst dribblers at the position.

I like how the new rating system overall individualizes players, since now every single point guard doesn't have ball handling in the 90s and etc...

But when it comes to SFs in MyPark and MyCareer, they are capped so damn bad when it comes to Ball Control.

First of all, there is no such thing as a damn 6'3 SF. SFs should start at 6'5.

Second, the lowest a SFs ball control should go to is a 70, since across the entire game, I have only come across a few SFs that have Ball Control in the 60s to 50s.

That's Kawhi Leonard Pre Update, Suns Shawn Marion, Toni Kukoc, Suns Larry Nance, Doug McDermott.

The max Ball Control should be a 78. Lebron's ball control is 77. Carmelo and Kevin Durant has the highest ball control out of all SFs - 88 and 89 Ball Control...which is stupid, it makes them better dribblers than almost half the point guards in the game, but whatever.

Third, SFs should not be able to get damn 90 freaking passing stats. Even Lebron James only has an 81 passing accuracy. Only cheat code Larry Bird has passing accuracy in the 90s.

Passing should be capped at 80.

Fourth, the max speed of a SF should be an 80 and the lowest should be a 72. The fastest Current SF is Lebron.

And I only care about Park, players should be allowed to make demi gods in MyCareer, so this is mostly about Park.

SFs are broken as hell and the Playmaking is capped so bad that 2k should feel bad about it, since the SF you can create does not represent near about any SF in the game.
I agree with what you're saying which is why I've been working on many different playstyles that most users can find that best suits their style of play. SF is my favorite position due to versatility and in this game I don't feel that you can bring out the best in your SF giving the grouped attributes and strict CAPS. Check out this thread called "Community MyPlayer Playstyles" thread and I think you will like what you see. I've done a fair implementation of the attributes along with only badges that pertain to that playstyle.

I think 2k should also allow users to go beyond the MAX in offline mode only and achieve 99 every stat if they wish to. I'm sure 2k can hopefully come up with a fair and challenging way for offline my career players to improve their attributes further than their CAP.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:47 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2

Great post. I understand why they did it as last year you had too many 7 foot small forwards with Curry handles but I think they went a tad overboard. I think my sf started with a low 50's ball control and I can cap out at like 66 or 67 lol.
What 2K did was completely disregard the function of a SF and decided to go off of height and be like, "Well SFs range from 6'3 to 6'10, so lets give the 6'3 SF actual SF stats and then make SF taller than 6'5, Tweener stats."

A SF is a versatile position and should have be a Swiss army knife and allowed to do whatever. Just not better than Perimeter players or Big Men.

Instead as a SF, if you play Park or Rec, you will just be making sure the offense is moving by passing the ball around, posting up, spotting up or finishing on the break.

But you better not try to dribble the ball.

The funny thing is though, a 6'10 Center and a 6'10 SF almost have identical Ball Control..besides the passing. You could make a freak 6'10 ball handling center.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:54 PM   #5
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by cablexdeadpool
What 2K did was completely disregard the function of a SF and decided to go off of height and be like, "Well SFs range from 6'3 to 6'10, so lets give the 6'3 SF actual SF stats and then make SF taller than 6'5, Tweener stats."

A SF is a versatile position and should have be a Swiss army knife and allowed to do whatever. Just not better than Perimeter players or Big Men.

Instead as a SF, if you play Park or Rec, you will just be making sure the offense is moving by passing the ball around, posting up, spotting up or finishing on the break.

But you better not try to dribble the ball.

The funny thing is though, a 6'10 Center and a 6'10 SF almost have identical Ball Control..besides the passing. You could make a freak 6'10 ball handling center.

Cable- it's like you are watching me play..LOL. That is exactly what I do when I play. I'm scared to death to dribble. I just wish we started out a higher dribble rating or could atleast have higher ball security as a fall back..
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2015, 07:56 PM   #6
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

What kind of dribbling are you guys struggling with? I think 2K wanted to make sure that every SF wasn't out there with J Crossover handles. I haven't played a SF yet but I have played an outside SG and an inside C.

I notice a lot that driving in traffic makes you lose the ball no matter what your ball handling skill is, but 1 on 1 driving isn't so bad even on my center as long as I keep the ball on the right side of my body.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:03 PM   #7
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

Blame the cheesers.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:07 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuggler
What kind of dribbling are you guys struggling with? I think 2K wanted to make sure that every SF wasn't out there with J Crossover handles. I haven't played a SF yet but I have played an outside SG and an inside C.

I notice a lot that driving in traffic makes you lose the ball no matter what your ball handling skill is, but 1 on 1 driving isn't so bad even on my center as long as I keep the ball on the right side of my body.
You can execute almost any dribble move in the game. I dribble with my 6'10 C all the time. It's the speed of the dribble and the fact, rips happen everytime you try to take it strong in the game.

And no, 2K just was being stupid making 6'3 SFs exist, they didn't do anything to make sure anything happen, it was just straight up neglect of the SF position.

When you make almost every SF in the game to be able to dribble the ball with decent speed and then force players to have this non dribbling SF...it's neglect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Blame the cheesers.
It's not the cheesers, it's 2K being lazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Cable- it's like you are watching me play..LOL. That is exactly what I do when I play. I'm scared to death to dribble. I just wish we started out a higher dribble rating or could atleast have higher ball security as a fall back..
I was thinking of making a 6'10 SF, made a 6'9 SF, with boosts I could get 68 ball handling but I'ma add some of that to rebounding.

I probably barely dribble with my SF unless I get matched up with a Center.

Transition ball handling with your SF is fine, but iso ball handling is crap. My friend has a SF and all he does is use the iso size up dribbles and shoot in your face, but he has a Outside SF.

Last edited by cablexdeadpool; 11-24-2015 at 08:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »