Home

Indiana Pacers - Play Now Mode

This is a discussion on Indiana Pacers - Play Now Mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2015, 06:16 AM   #17
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Indiana Pacers - Play Now Mode

I was playing with this team yesterday it was actually rough. Nobody could hit a shot. No defense , no ball handling , and they never go to the line. Big men were turboing through my body from the freethrow line lol
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 11-28-2015, 09:08 AM   #18
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
I was playing with this team yesterday it was actually rough. Nobody could hit a shot. No defense , no ball handling , and they never go to the line. Big men were turboing through my body from the freethrow line lol
See! I'm not crazy, lol. As constructed, it's Paul George or nothing, but they're a better team than that simplistic approach.
Old 11-28-2015, 10:18 AM   #19
MVP

jk31's Arena

No defense especially...George Hill and Paul George are Elite Wing Defenders, yet George Hill is a below average defender ratings wise.
Old 11-28-2015, 12:13 PM   #20
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
No defense especially...George Hill and Paul George are Elite Wing Defenders, yet George Hill is a below average defender ratings wise.
George Hill is not an elite wing defender, but he's definitely above average. George does a good job of keeping the ball handler in front of him, and he doesn't overcommit on steals. It's very rare that George Hill will get a steal from the ball handler; however, he does a good job of preventing the point guard from penetrating the paint.

With the new personnel, the Pacer rely more on steals and deflections in the passing lanes. In reality, the Pacers has switched from a funnel type defense to more of swarming defense kinda like the Miami Heat when LeBron was on the team. That's why the Pacers are top 5 in steals per game, fast breaks points per game, and forced turnovers per game.
Old 11-28-2015, 12:27 PM   #21
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I sware everyone on the team was useless other than PG . I mean completely useless. Bigs couldn't rebound or block. Guards were bricking and couldn't handle the ball.

Maybe I need more time with them.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2015, 01:11 PM   #22
Rookie

Ksuttonjr76...I just want to tell you that as a fellow die hard pacer fan, i really appreciate the fight you put in when it come to the ratings of the pacer players in NBA 2k. I remember how you had seem to develop a personal relationship with the NBA 2k Insider, back in the 2k11 days, where we could communicate with him on the 2k forums. Everytime you felt our pacers or pacer ratings were slighted, you would go toe to toe with the Insider in order to correct things. You would drive home your points with statistics and proof to not only get pacer players a rise in ratings, but to get some players lowered as well. Many times, when I felt someone wasn't getting a fair shake, I knew I could count on you to get the ship righted. You are my official NBA 2k Pacers spokesperson. Just wanted you let you know that us 2k pacer players appreciated you and to keep doing what you are doing. "YOU THE REAL MVP!!!!!
Old 11-28-2015, 01:29 PM   #23
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Tried a PNO game with these guys....it's rough without PG on the floor man, lol

A part of it was me now knowing Pacer personnel as well...

Good thing about them is PG is a mismatch against most of the 4's . I lit up Dirk....no one else could get off though...
Old 11-28-2015, 01:31 PM   #24
Pro

mpac's Arena

OVR: 1

Only way to win in 2k when using pacers is to run n gun. If u slow the pace, only PG is reliable and consistent.

Though i find lavoy allen and jordan hill surprisingly good in the paint. Stuckey and ellis inconsistent but george hill is decent and all around.

Hope 2k give them a bit of a love in the next update but the pacers now can be a good team to start with and build around PG in myleague or mygm

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »