Home

Indiana Pacers - Play Now Mode

This is a discussion on Indiana Pacers - Play Now Mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2015, 01:34 PM   #25
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Indiana Pacers - Play Now Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I guess Indiana should earn an extra win for beating Chicago tonight?
Yep

But checking some of these ratings myself, I see what you mean. George Hill definitely needs a bump in his on ball D. Not here to debate specifics, but there's no way there's that big of a gap between him and Steph (while I'm here, my boy Cory Jo needs a boost too!). Then as a whole, they all need a bump in Help Defense IQ and Shot Contest ratings. The Houston Rockets are still pretty easy to play defense with (despite being terrible IRL) because they have a lot of players that are good in these two areas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2015, 01:36 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

I ball out with the pacers I have no issues scoring or rebounding
Old 11-28-2015, 01:54 PM   #27
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
I sware everyone on the team was useless other than PG . I mean completely useless. Bigs couldn't rebound or block. Guards were bricking and couldn't handle the ball.

Maybe I need more time with them.
The Pacers are a special defensive team with a very strong team success concept under Coach Vogel. I'm not going to lie and lead people to believe that they're an offensive juggernaut. To me, the Pacers became less and less relevant with the introduction of badges and the series emphasis on offense since 2K11. I think that's what became frustrating over the years with the Pacers. Coach2K had an excellent spreadsheet where he illustrated that the Pacers were a suppose be a Top 5 team (don't remember which year); however, the Pacers were really a middle tier team when you take in consideration the badges and some other factor.

Don't get me wrong, I like the challenge of using them, but they're not the team you expect when using them in the game when compared to their real life counterparts. I always joke that if you can win with the Pacers, you can dominate with any team...minus the exceptionally bad teams. I blame Larry Bird for getting non-flashy players that fit the team concept, and Coach Vogel for getting the most out of them, lol. Heck, Chase Buddinger and Glenn Robinson are playing really well for them. Players that were given away for basically nothing. Jordan Hill is playing better as a Pacer, than he did as a Laker.
Old 11-28-2015, 01:55 PM   #28
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gknjr007
Ksuttonjr76...I just want to tell you that as a fellow die hard pacer fan, i really appreciate the fight you put in when it come to the ratings of the pacer players in NBA 2k. I remember how you had seem to develop a personal relationship with the NBA 2k Insider, back in the 2k11 days, where we could communicate with him on the 2k forums. Everytime you felt our pacers or pacer ratings were slighted, you would go toe to toe with the Insider in order to correct things. You would drive home your points with statistics and proof to not only get pacer players a rise in ratings, but to get some players lowered as well. Many times, when I felt someone wasn't getting a fair shake, I knew I could count on you to get the ship righted. You are my official NBA 2k Pacers spokesperson. Just wanted you let you know that us 2k pacer players appreciated you and to keep doing what you are doing. "YOU THE REAL MVP!!!!!
Those were the days! I think that was the last time the Pacers felt "right" in online games. Appreciate the post!
Old 11-28-2015, 02:10 PM   #29
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Tried a PNO game with these guys....it's rough without PG on the floor man, lol

A part of it was me now knowing Pacer personnel as well...

Good thing about them is PG is a mismatch against most of the 4's . I lit up Dirk....no one else could get off though...
Where's your videos ? Yeah, I actually keep Paul George at PF despite my earlier posts regarding his starting position, and I run the 4-1 Motion freelance offense. That's been the best offense, because of the constant off ball screens to free up 3PT shooters. Plus, it's easier to defend the fastbreak opportunities if I miss.
Old 11-28-2015, 02:13 PM   #30
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Sounds like the Pacers are about to become the new "challenging team" to use in PNO games .
Old 11-28-2015, 02:38 PM   #31
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I saw a few flashes with getting to basket with Monta and CJ Miles got good looks. I gotta learn how to get everyone else involved though . The thing about PG at the four is I feel like I lose rebounding battles more . Even though I know he is having a good year in that area.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2015, 03:25 PM   #32
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
The Pacers are a special defensive team with a very strong team success concept under Coach Vogel. I'm not going to lie and lead people to believe that they're an offensive juggernaut. To me, the Pacers became less and less relevant with the introduction of badges and the series emphasis on offense since 2K11. I think that's what became frustrating over the years with the Pacers. Coach2K had an excellent spreadsheet where he illustrated that the Pacers were a suppose be a Top 5 team (don't remember which year); however, the Pacers were really a middle tier team when you take in consideration the badges and some other factor.

Don't get me wrong, I like the challenge of using them, but they're not the team you expect when using them in the game when compared to their real life counterparts. I always joke that if you can win with the Pacers, you can dominate with any team...minus the exceptionally bad teams. I blame Larry Bird for getting non-flashy players that fit the team concept, and Coach Vogel for getting the most out of them, lol. Heck, Chase Buddinger and Glenn Robinson are playing really well for them. Players that were given away for basically nothing. Jordan Hill is playing better as a Pacer, than he did as a Laker.
I could complain all day long about how the 2K Pacers stacked up against the rest of the league when they were really top tier but last year without Paul George it was absolutely ridiculous at how difficult I found them to use.

I used to switch teams with other guys so they could see just how difficult it was to use them and how easy it was for me to pick up and play their team with no practice. Basically I was over on the other side laughing. I remember beating one guy by 40 and I'd never used or even practice with any of his team's players before and this was on hall of fame sim sliders.

For you Pacers users, I'll be playing the Milwaukee Bucks in a live stream at 330pm ET and I'll post the link here if you want to see me use them. I'm not completely proficient at using them yet since I haven't gotten a lot of work in yet.

This is from the roster that the season began with as well and not the current updated roster.

Good to see some fans of the Pacers.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »