Home

My Career improvements for 2k17

This is a discussion on My Career improvements for 2k17 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2015, 11:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
My Career improvements for 2k17

There are some serious flaws that limit the customization and then the game experience . I'm talking about the main mode of the game, the My Career mode, which it is basically the reason why I take the game.
Problem number one : the increase attributes . Over the past two years the attributes have been grouped into categories , jump shot , marker from inside , athlete , rebound and defense. And if for example you wanted to create a player like Dirk Nowitzki , it can not because the maximum value of 3 is 75. Or as Jason Richardson , excellent shot from 3 alternate at medium range . Or a strong guard in the low post as Jordan or Kobe . I can not because the technical limits me dictate. And these are just a few examples , but there are hundreds . The solution is simple . The return of the increase individual attributes , like in the old games, with physical limits based on height and weight , speed, quickness and strength . Absolutely no technical limitations . As shooting , low post , passing and defense. Another thing is the ability to chose the secondary positions, realistically.
Second problem : the choice of customizing the shot. Even here , there is this problem for two years . I want to customize the style of shooting of my player . From the base to the release . Like when you create a player out of my career . This is important , because you can create you a perfect shot for you.
Third : the body type . This problem was also in 2k14 , in the game of ps4 . Is it possible that all these basic things that now are not there, there were games in the old console ? There should be physical build : slim , normal , stout and fat.
The last problem is the structure of My career. I want to play all 82 games from the first season . The return of the D - League . With the licenses of college and Euroleague , career should start with the choice of the first year of NCAA and Euroleague and then the draft. I want a career where you have to sweat every minute of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2015, 03:53 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: My Career improvements for 2k17

There's tons of possibilities for the mode in fundamentals, not just tweaking.

- Roster/trade influence. Bring back the GM talks, let us influence the team building, who plays more and who plays less. Let us have a say in who gets traded and who to pursue. It's fine that you have to be a superstar to do this, more incentive to play longer. After a while into season three, it's really boring now.

- Better feedback. How you are perceived when your a superstar, media feedback after good or bad games. Not the Twitter thing, which is only silly. I'd rather have less feedback with more meaning/content. It could be text based for all I care (like a newspaper/web"site"/TV/whatever), anything but the twitter-like fools with their gibberish. And it should react to your status, not only the trip-dubs and the usual suspects. The accolades are better this year (really, who honestly got 100 FTs in a row last year?), but too VC-oriented and doesn't really motivate you to become a great player if you don't use it for online play. Induction into Hall of Fame is a pretty poor reward for your long-time achievements, anyone who have played Civilization knows what I mean.

- A "player rating" towards you would be fun. Make friends or rivals. That could make the connection thing useful. Make something matter. If you assist a teammate 10 times, this rating will rise. Never pass to him (unless part of the play), and it will decline. Make bad press conferences, give poor feedback, throw him under the bus, it will decline. High rating could influence willingness to pass and how well he plays with you. Could even substitute on court coach, which is a pretty unrealistic badge (although I like it). And willingness to play with you or trade to your team, like the "form a big three" from 2K15 but with, you know, meaning. The twitter praise also had potential, but it was executed so poorly that it made absolutely no sense. You didn't say what you meant to say, and you got really weird answers most of the time. Make this affect the teammate->you rating.

Better coach logic. The coaching/rotation in the game is thoroughly head-scratching. And as mentioned, once you become a superstar, let us have a little bit of saying in the rotation. Of course you shouldn't have this option as a scrub.

- More reactions on the court. Ability to lay into teammates after poor play, or pick them up/praise. Make arguing with referees and celebrations user controlled, or lose them altogether. Maybe let you complain yourself into a technical? User controlled flagrant fouls. Even to give a shove would be nice, could be optional in the menu in case of minors :-)

- Bring back something like, but not necessarily similar to the crib. Something to build upon, representation of progress, anything. Maybe connected to the MyCourt? Build your own Terminal [insert number here] in stages by achivements, not by VC. I don't know, but don't let the mode revolve around the games only, there's plenty of modes that cover that. The game goes really stale when you have won the MVP and a ring.

And of course: gameplay, gameplay, gameplay. Make it worthwhile to play defense as well as offense.

This is just off the top of my head, it's doable and it could make this the best game mode in any sports game. Make it My CAREER, not just My Endless Stream of Games. The mode has so much potential it's unreal.

Last edited by Hooperport; 11-26-2015 at 03:55 PM.
Old 11-26-2015, 05:26 PM   #3
Banned

FrequentFlyer15's Arena

For the begining remove any stories in my career, cutscenes are nice but not necessary, remove scripted stories, let us make our own story
Old 11-26-2015, 05:46 PM   #4
Banned

FrequentFlyer15's Arena

MyCareer Suggestions:

* Remove any scripted thing in MyCareer, make it unpredictable. If we play bad at college make option to go undrafted and then we have to fight our way through the summer league.

* Add more colleges to the game but have option for us foreigners to put our original country. (Joakim Noah- French but attended Florida University)

* Give us options to make our MyPlayers unique, give us options for shoulder width, wingspan, leg thickness and many more body customization options

* Remove attributes update in categories, give us separate exercises for every attribute, don't put few attributes in one category (ex. Defense)

* Make coaching rotations more logic, make teams and players play like themselves. (if i end up like 40-50th pick don't give me like 20minutes per game rather give me 2-3 mins.)

* Remove that annoying voice for MyPlayer that's same for second year straight, give us more voices.

* Remove nicknames for MyPlayer (they are childish and unreal..flash, thunder, a-train loool) rather call me nr XY.

* Give us options to spend those max contracts when we earn them, put some interesting options for spending money.

* Add option to play overseas and use those euroleague teams when you already have them in the game.

* Give us option to choose one or two agents from agent pool, don't give me some default agent that i'm stucked with.

* Give us options to form friendships/rivalries with NBA players.

* Make MyCareer harder, not every player should after 2 seasons post 30ppg..make game challenging like real NBA, currently on 2k16 i have no problems to put up 30 points every game and that's not real, if that's the case every player would be MVP.
Old 11-26-2015, 11:09 PM   #5
Rookie

Sitew33's Arena

Bring back the ability to use custom rosters for My Career. Allow the use of Draft classes and give us the ability to edit accessories not ratings for players like in My GM so we can at least remove those dumb accessories that 2K gives the generated rookies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2015, 02:21 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooperport
There's tons of possibilities for the mode in fundamentals, not just tweaking.

- Roster/trade influence. Bring back the GM talks, let us influence the team building, who plays more and who plays less. Let us have a say in who gets traded and who to pursue. It's fine that you have to be a superstar to do this, more incentive to play longer. After a while into season three, it's really boring now.

- Better feedback. How you are perceived when your a superstar, media feedback after good or bad games. Not the Twitter thing, which is only silly. I'd rather have less feedback with more meaning/content. It could be text based for all I care (like a newspaper/web"site"/TV/whatever), anything but the twitter-like fools with their gibberish. And it should react to your status, not only the trip-dubs and the usual suspects. The accolades are better this year (really, who honestly got 100 FTs in a row last year?), but too VC-oriented and doesn't really motivate you to become a great player if you don't use it for online play. Induction into Hall of Fame is a pretty poor reward for your long-time achievements, anyone who have played Civilization knows what I mean.

- A "player rating" towards you would be fun. Make friends or rivals. That could make the connection thing useful. Make something matter. If you assist a teammate 10 times, this rating will rise. Never pass to him (unless part of the play), and it will decline. Make bad press conferences, give poor feedback, throw him under the bus, it will decline. High rating could influence willingness to pass and how well he plays with you. Could even substitute on court coach, which is a pretty unrealistic badge (although I like it). And willingness to play with you or trade to your team, like the "form a big three" from 2K15 but with, you know, meaning. The twitter praise also had potential, but it was executed so poorly that it made absolutely no sense. You didn't say what you meant to say, and you got really weird answers most of the time. Make this affect the teammate->you rating.

Better coach logic. The coaching/rotation in the game is thoroughly head-scratching. And as mentioned, once you become a superstar, let us have a little bit of saying in the rotation. Of course you shouldn't have this option as a scrub.

- More reactions on the court. Ability to lay into teammates after poor play, or pick them up/praise. Make arguing with referees and celebrations user controlled, or lose them altogether. Maybe let you complain yourself into a technical? User controlled flagrant fouls. Even to give a shove would be nice, could be optional in the menu in case of minors :-)

- Bring back something like, but not necessarily similar to the crib. Something to build upon, representation of progress, anything. Maybe connected to the MyCourt? Build your own Terminal [insert number here] in stages by achivements, not by VC. I don't know, but don't let the mode revolve around the games only, there's plenty of modes that cover that. The game goes really stale when you have won the MVP and a ring.

And of course: gameplay, gameplay, gameplay. Make it worthwhile to play defense as well as offense.

This is just off the top of my head, it's doable and it could make this the best game mode in any sports game. Make it My CAREER, not just My Endless Stream of Games. The mode has so much potential it's unreal.
I agree with everything you said. Another thing, the slider customization
Old 11-27-2015, 06:18 PM   #7
Pro

there are a ton of things they can do to improve but here are three HUGE things I'd think everyone can agree with:

1) Give us back control of our story. We can have cutscenes, but no more premade character with a premade nickname. Let us stay 1 or 4 years in college if we want. etc.

2) GO BACK TO THE OLD STYLE OF UPGRADING ATTRIBUTES. I don't want my moving three pointer to be tied to my free throw rating. That's just stupid. I'd even go a step further and say remove the caps for (single player) MyCareer. You can put them back in the park or those online modes

3) Accessories seriously need to be improved. Give us the same range of accessories and color options we had in, oh I don't know, 2k12, 3 years ago. Bonus points if we no longer have to pay outrageous VC prices for a simple headband
Old 11-28-2015, 01:53 AM   #8
Just started!

cutscenes are nice but not necessary, remove scripted stories, let us make our own story

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »