Home

Official NBA 2K16 CBA, Salary Cap, and Complete Player Contracts' Corrections

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K16 CBA, Salary Cap, and Complete Player Contracts' Corrections within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2015, 05:14 PM   #9
Pro

KwiLL23's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Official NBA 2K16 CBA, Salary Cap, and Complete Player Contracts' Corrections

Great write up! It's helping me understand better. So for MyLeague keep the Salary at 70 and take Hard Cap off? Also what to do about the salary inflation rate?
Old 12-20-2015, 03:18 PM   #10
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Official NBA 2K16 CBA, Salary Cap, and Complete Player Contracts' Corrections

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwiLL23
Great write up! It's helping me understand better. So for MyLeague keep the Salary at 70 and take Hard Cap off? Also what to do about the salary inflation rate?
Thanks man, glad to be of help! Yes Salary cap at 70 and turn the hard cap off (as it doesn't exist as 2k defines it). I haven't done testing yet with the inflation rate slider. I'm sure there are OS users who can speak more on that topic at the moment.

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Old 12-21-2015, 02:37 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

When editing a roster, how does one change bird years or make guys restricted free -agents? They're no options in the contract edit screen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2015, 04:36 PM   #12
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runkel
When editing a roster, how does one change bird years or make guys restricted free -agents? They're no options in the contract edit screen.
The only one with the ability to do that is 2K. So we can only wait and hope that Stauff can get these edits into an update. Otherwise I'd have one less reason to wait to start my MyLeague.

Old 12-21-2015, 05:27 PM   #13
Pro

Tekkonkinkreet's Arena

Great work. However wouldn't it be better to post the things we are able to correct for now? Also is it worth correcting contract values if we can't edit the FA status? I would then have half a job as opposed the complete package.

In regards to starting your MyLeague, couldn't you run a 30 team control and make up the contracts yourself etc. If you were controlling FA then you could use an excel sheet to make the player/team decisions accurate.
Old 12-23-2015, 03:25 PM   #14
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkonkinkreet
Great work. However wouldn't it be better to post the things we are able to correct for now? Also is it worth correcting contract values if we can't edit the FA status? I would then have half a job as opposed the complete package.

In regards to starting your MyLeague, couldn't you run a 30 team control and make up the contracts yourself etc. If you were controlling FA then you could use an excel sheet to make the player/team decisions accurate.
I can't remember the last time I played a sports franchise mode and DIDNT control all 30 (or 32) teams lol. So yes I can and do do that. The one issue that is harder to work around is the fact that with improper bird rules, teams over the cap can't resign their players. (Cleveland LeBron example)

This was not made with the intent of just showing you guys. First thing I did was send this to Beds with a request to forward on the non roster related part to the MyLeague/MyGM team.

In fact I remind him about it every week or so lol. It's a daunting task so I'm only hopeful at this point. Most of it should have been corrected before the game was released, but it's clear 2k needs a larger, more dedicated to detail roster team besides just Mike

I simply chose to share it with everyone on OS as well so users can go through and make the changes on their own as they wish.

There's workarounds to almost anything. But my full time hobby is trying to make sure 2k makes things accurate.

Old 12-23-2015, 03:29 PM   #15
Pro

Tekkonkinkreet's Arena

True with the LBJ scenario. I couldn't give KD a proper contract as OKC couldn't afford it meaning Free Agency was the only option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2015, 05:17 PM   #16
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Tremendous thread, man... Major props.

One can only hope to see some of, if not all, the CBA's more detailed elements in 2K. I got familiar w/ the CBA in the days, months, & years, of having discussions w/ folks on what the Knicks could possibly do when they were in cap-hell.

The answer was almost always "...very little...if anything..", but it became clearer & clearer how much Franchise/MyGM/MyLeague was missing from the business side of the NBA. That's where my interest in the mode kinda waned, and eventually disappeared.

Adding more accurate contracts, & properly assigned Bird Rights would be a start. But if they properly implemented the tax apron, a properly functioning stretch provision -- including the 'right of set off' if the player is signed as an FA as opposed to being claimed off of waivers (I was shocked the Knicks didn't waive & stretch Calderon in the summer), cap holds, and proper RFA..

I think they'd be on the right track.

Their goal should be to make 2K a NBA encyclopedia. If people don't know the ins & outs of all of those details, give an option. MyLeague(Lite) & MyLeague(Full). But also give ppl the option to learn, & interact w/, details that are buried in the 400+ pages of the CBA, that networks can't really dive too much into for fear of boring the viewers to tears.

Once again, tho. Tremendous thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »