Home

Official NBA 2K16 CBA, Salary Cap, and Complete Player Contracts' Corrections

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K16 CBA, Salary Cap, and Complete Player Contracts' Corrections within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2015, 06:01 PM   #17
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Official NBA 2K16 CBA, Salary Cap, and Complete Player Contracts' Corrections

In regards to contracts, I wouldn't want to start my own roster (or a MyLeague in general) untill these changes are made by 2k. While we can edit Original Contract Length and Options on our own, we can't do anything about Bird Years and Free Agent Type unfortunately.

Basically there isnt a chance in heck that 2k will fix any of this stuff, so if your planning on doing a My League/My GM, you might as well fix what can be fixed by us and start that My League. My memory isnt the greatest any longer, but if Im remembering correctly this stuff has all been issues in the past and has gone unfixed in the past yet still remains.

Contract lengths and options for some being off is undertandable as if Beds is the only guy they got doing the rosters, then anyone can make some mistakes, and quite frankly thats a lot for 1 guy to do. The issues that the devs need to fix is what is unexcusable when left unfixed year after year.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 12-24-2015, 02:58 PM   #18
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Official NBA 2K16 CBA, Salary Cap, and Complete Player Contracts' Corrections

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
Tremendous thread, man... Major props.

One can only hope to see some of, if not all, the CBA's more detailed elements in 2K. I got familiar w/ the CBA in the days, months, & years, of having discussions w/ folks on what the Knicks could possibly do when they were in cap-hell.

The answer was almost always "...very little...if anything..", but it became clearer & clearer how much Franchise/MyGM/MyLeague was missing from the business side of the NBA. That's where my interest in the mode kinda waned, and eventually disappeared.

Adding more accurate contracts, & properly assigned Bird Rights would be a start. But if they properly implemented the tax apron, a properly functioning stretch provision -- including the 'right of set off' if the player is signed as an FA as opposed to being claimed off of waivers (I was shocked the Knicks didn't waive & stretch Calderon in the summer), cap holds, and proper RFA..

I think they'd be on the right track.

Their goal should be to make 2K a NBA encyclopedia. If people don't know the ins & outs of all of those details, give an option. MyLeague(Lite) & MyLeague(Full). But also give ppl the option to learn, & interact w/, details that are buried in the 400+ pages of the CBA, that networks can't really dive too much into for fear of boring the viewers to tears.

Once again, tho. Tremendous thread.
Thanks man, and yes I totally agree. Like I always say, MLB the Show has the right idea with the ingame manual. 2k has a tiny version of this with the "Finance Help" page, so I'm hopeful they are on that track. Like I said before as well, so much of this is "under the hood" stuff that the average user wouldn't have to be well versed on. And when they try to do something they can't do, a message would pop up explaining why, just as it does now anyway.

I just don't see the fear in getting "too complicated." Other than if 2k just low key means too complicated for themselves to understand lol. Hence why I wanted to break it down rather than just post the link to the CBA FAQ.

Maybe some ESPN reporters could play and learn some things as well lol

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Old 12-24-2015, 08:07 PM   #19
Pro

CookNBA03's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't what 2K is waiting for, put Mike on payroll lol. The guy probably knows the CBA better than anyone there and he'd be a huge help to fill in that missing piece from our franchise modes.
Old 12-25-2015, 12:08 AM   #20
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookNBA03
I don't what 2K is waiting for, put Mike on payroll lol. The guy probably knows the CBA better than anyone there and he'd be a huge help to fill in that missing piece from our franchise modes.
You warm my heart on this Christmas Eve bruh lol thanks. That's the dream my dude

Old 12-30-2015, 03:33 AM   #21
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22

Just a bump and thanks for the info. I thought something was up when I tried to extend Wiggins for 5 years but 2K only allowed 3. Thanks for the confirmation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2016, 02:39 PM   #22
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

Updated contract list in the OP for recent player movement...

Tony Wroten, Christian Wood, Russ Smith and Elijah Millsap were waived, and Ryan Hollins was signed but given $845k rather than $947k.

Old 01-07-2016, 06:01 PM   #23
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3

You really have this down.

So you don't have a Roster to download? Do you know which would be best to use for Xone (or use 2Ks)? I'm going to start my MyLeague this weekend.
Old 01-08-2016, 02:11 PM   #24
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoofrice11
You really have this down.

So you don't have a Roster to download? Do you know which would be best to use for Xone (or use 2Ks)? I'm going to start my MyLeague this weekend.
Not at the moment, I'm waiting to see what 2k updates around mid season or so. Many of the corrections you see listed are not things the user can edit on their own.

Im on ps4 anyway but since youre on xbox definitely check out the SimWorld rosters. They have a great team that does a very thourough job.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »