Home

NBA 2K16: Throwback Thursday Card Reviews (12/1/15)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16: Throwback Thursday Card Reviews (12/1/15) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2015, 06:41 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA 2K16: Throwback Thursday Card Reviews (12/1/15)

Hey guys, it’s Robby from Two Brothers Gaming again here with some more NBA 2K16 My Team Throwback Thursday card reviews! Every week in NBA 2K16’s My Team mode, there are Throwback Thursday cards released with specific players’ highlight seasons. Each week here on Operation Sports, I’ll be highlighting these players and showing you stats, badges, individual attributes, and everything related to each player. If you pull one of these cards, you’ll know what to do with them! Don’t forget to watch the accompanying video review as well.

Let’s get into it:

1998 Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers

Kobe’s sophomore season was his first All-Star appearance despite only starting one game, but he began the progression that defined him as a player during this season. This card is comparable to the Moments Michael Jordan that we have—extremely quick and athletic, with the ability to finish at the rim. This was also a season that saw him shoot 34% from three point land, earning him a solid enough Staning Shot 3 rating to be useful to many My Team players. Don’t overpay for him thinking he’ll be vintage Kobe, but if you get him at a solid price, he can be useful.

2010 Gerald Wallace, Charlotte Bobcats

Wallace is the Swiss Army knife of My Team cards. He does a bit of everything on the court, though this year he’s hurt by a lack of badges compared to prior years. The 2010 season was his lone All-Star campaign, and it was well-deserved, with averages of 18 points, 10 rebounds, and over a steal and block per game on 48% field goal shooting and 37% three point shooting. He’s a good guy to stash on the bench and use in all sorts of situations, but he won’t be OUTSTANDING at a particular thing.

2012 Jerryd Bayless, Toronto Raptors

Bayless actually shot better from the three point line than inside it during this season at 42.3% versus 42.2%. Other than that, there’s not a lot of value here. Bayless scored 10 points per game off the bench for Toronto and is a solid real-life player, but won’t find footing with a lot of My Team squads due to better options being available.

2011 Samuel Dalembert, Sacramento Kings

Dalembert has always played well in fits and starts, and the 2011 season represented his only campaign in Sacramento. Dalembert posted 8 points and 8 rebounds per game to go with a block and a half. There isn’t much to say about this card—it’s average, and probably won’t be used much.

2008 Paul Pierce, Boston Celtics

Yes, the Truth is here! If you’re lucky enough to get your hands on Paul Pierce’s 2008 card, remember his efficiency. His scoring average was 19.6, but he did so on 46% from the field and 40% from the three point line, as well as his usual stellar free throw shooting. Pierce can shoot the midrange, he can shoot the trey, and he can win you games down the stretch. His My Team card is no different, just don’t play him like he’s Lebron James – He’s a shooter moreso than a posterizer.

That’s it for this week. If you’d like to see the players in-game, be on the lookout for more videos, and if you have any questions I can be reached on Twitter @twobrosgaming.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2015, 03:56 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
That 2008 Paul Pierce card is so overrated compared to the real 2008 Paul Pierce. He wasn't that good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »