Home

We want rec back because more rep ?

This is a discussion on We want rec back because more rep ? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2015, 02:32 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: We want rec back because more rep ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG_Almighty
To be honest, I'm glad that Pro-Am doesnt have rep because it keeps My Park cheeseballs out of the competition.

I've came across a greater challenge trying to beat the top Pro-Am squads than dealing with cheeseballs and randoms wearing goofy outfits at the park yet only competing to win more goofy animations/clothes. The only incentive I cared for was VC. Most Pro-Am players could care less about Park. It's fun as is.

Pro-Am is supposed to scare off the My Park ballers. I love that and plenty of people are having a blast with it. NO REP PLEASE.
Adding rep doesn't make any mode any cheesier it makes it more competitive IMO. It seems like some are scared of that happening. Patch 3 addressed a lot of the cheese you guys complained about and like I said earlier we're not dealing with patch 4 this year so run and gun style of play is limited. You gotta play as a team on 2k16 if you wanna win. In 2k15 that wasn't the case. What cheese are you expecting now? You guys can have that broken Pro-AM but give the Park folks a JRC. It's desperately needed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2015, 03:00 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
Adding rep doesn't make any mode any cheesier it makes it more competitive IMO. It seems like some are scared of that happening. Patch 3 addressed a lot of the cheese you guys complained about and like I said earlier we're not dealing with patch 4 this year so run and gun style of play is limited. You gotta play as a team on 2k16 if you wanna win. In 2k15 that wasn't the case. What cheese are you expecting now? You guys can have that broken Pro-AM but give the Park folks a JRC. It's desperately needed.
Scared? The park is trash. If you call that competition, then you need to learn the game a bit more little guy.

I mainly play Pro-Am but when I step on the Park courts, I've gone on 27 game win streaks. I have screen shots to prove it, how about you? Who are you again? lol.
Old 12-03-2015, 03:03 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
The premise of the thread suggests its not about rep, but it seems that's exactly what it's about, lol. I think rep should stay in the park and park modes.

I rather them keep Pro Am separate...it needs to be cleaned up, ironed out, but I love the premise- and its a lot of fun.

I mean, cant they have Rec and Pro Am? Doesn't have to be either\or
Agreed.

I still think the JRC was trash but if these complainers need it so bad because they can't make legend easily, then so be it. As long as Pro-Am isn't touched or downgraded, I'm fine with it.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:02 PM   #28
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Lol so much hostility in here, you guys need to chill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 12-03-2015, 07:48 PM   #29
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:

I've came across a greater challenge trying to beat the top Pro-Am squads than dealing with cheeseballs and randoms wearing goofy outfits at the park .
How do you know they're the top? The stats are broken... there's really no way to know you're playing anyone good. The rep would at least let you know they play a lot.

I don't mind rep - it's purely for cosmetic purposes. I also think a little personality helps things - seeing people do stupid poses or wear interesting outfirts is funny and adds life/character (you might actually RECOGNIZE people) - better than Pro-Am people lifelessly staring into the abyss
Old 12-03-2015, 07:52 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
seeing people do stupid poses or wear interesting outfirts is funny and adds life/character (you might actually RECOGNIZE people) - better than Pro-Am people lifelessly staring into the abyss
ON POINT!
Old 12-04-2015, 01:58 AM   #31
Pro

Quote:
Scared? The park is trash. If you call that competition, then you need to learn the game a bit more little guy.

I mainly play Pro-Am but when I step on the Park courts, I've gone on 27 game win streaks. I have screen shots to prove it, how about you? Who are you again? lol.
27?...That's it? Lol. I got screenshots as well man.....A LOT of em. If you on the Xbox One drop your gamertag and I'll come see ya. I got a PS4 too but I haven't even cracked the case open on that but I definitely can. I'm a regular in the Park so yeah we can make this happen whenever.

On a side note even if we don't get the Rec back this year I'm hoping it'll return next year without anything being subtracted from the game. Having different game modes to choose from is always a +. I could see 2k pulling a stunt like adding Rec but removing stage. I've enjoyed the stage a lot this year although the wagers are low as heck. Keep it all in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2015, 02:15 AM   #32
Pro

Hopsin's Arena

This whole thread sounds like a watered down version of the old "Playstation vs. Xbox"
Only now It's Pro am vs Park/Rep lol. This is foolish.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »