Home

Orlando Magic and Chicago Bulls Plays updated and ACE clarification

This is a discussion on Orlando Magic and Chicago Bulls Plays updated and ACE clarification within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2015, 07:40 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Orlando Magic and Chicago Bulls Plays updated and ACE clarification

Is there anyway we can get an updated list of the default freelance for each playbook? I was using the Suns book because it had the 4-1 motion as the default freelance but then one day it just changed and became 3 out-2 in. Would be wonderful if you could set your preference and lock it outside of gameplay.

Last edited by Goldin Brown; 12-07-2015 at 07:44 PM.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:35 PM   #18
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
So I'm guessing if you are already using a custom roster for quick games for example, the playbooks for Bulls and Magic did not receive the ACE update? Is this correct or did the whole NBA 2K system receive the update and the playbooks in custom rosters also get updated?
In the video, Czar mentioned that they added some new plays to the Chicago Bulls. Just check the playbooks.
Old 12-07-2015, 10:28 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
In the video, Czar mentioned that they added some new plays to the Chicago Bulls. Just check the playbooks.

Well I would take this as a yes then possibly, I need to check his blog and do a comparison of the new plays on the blog and the ones on my custom roster.
Old 12-12-2015, 10:50 AM   #20
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbyoldgamer
Two questions:

1. ACE updates will affect team play even in myleague, if it's some years in the future?

2. Will there ever come a time when we individuals can make their own ACE changes?

1. is answered in the blog. We have generic ACE for each coach that are applied in the future when there are no Known lineups.

2. IDK.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 12-12-2015, 10:54 AM   #21
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Well, that's kinda assuming and unfair comment. I knew about ACE in the big picture and what it's suppose to do, but I didn't care that much until he specifically mentioned the Pacers in his tweet. At that point, I became more interested in the subject, because he's making changes to my team.

If he's going to make changes to Pacers, then personally I would like to know the specifics if he's allowed to provide them. I would like to think the changes are more than switching the freelance to 4-1 IN. Also, he mentioned that he only does the offensive side. I would love to know what was done on the defensive side of the ball, if any.

It's not that people don't know. I think people don't understand the changes. It's not black and white like rating and accessory changes. Plus, there's no where in the game where we can review the changes for ourselves.

EDIT: Mods, can you merge my thread into this one? I do agree we should try to keep the conversation to one thread if possible.

ACE is one system but there are two parts as we mentioned extensively int the blog. I do the offense. Any defensive changes are in OG's realm.

ACE is really for the AI, as an experienced users you and mostly implementing your own gameplan anyway. ACE updates how the AI plays under different circumstances as a user most times your overriding that anyway..

again the blog has a ton of info on what it does and how.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2015, 11:55 PM   #22
Rookie

jattnanga's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
We have also had several plays added to the game since launch. So far the Bulls and the Magic are the only teams we have completely replaced the playbooks for.

We went for accuracy to teams as scouted rather than just making sure they had a certain amount of whatever plays.
S/O to da czar and the 2k team for identifying an area of need and addressing it in a timely manner.

very impressed with the quick turnaround with beefing up these two teams' playbooks with brand new offensive systems this year.

- Ricky Rubio quoting Magic Johnson
Old 12-14-2015, 01:33 AM   #23
Pro

Great stuff

ACE has been THE best feature added to the game in years IMO.

Well done to all those involved
Old 12-14-2015, 02:27 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace2734
Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So do I need to download a patch or something?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »