Home

The state of 2k16 right now

This is a discussion on The state of 2k16 right now within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2015, 12:44 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The state of 2k16 right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by phriscaul
If somebody can run into you and knock the ball out of your hands for a loose ball/steal...THE GAME IS NOT FINE. Just so happens that this happens multiple times a game as well. There's obviously more wrong with the game. But there isn't even a need to get into it.
Like i said Live ball wasnt perfect but i rather have that situation happen than a player turboing the ball through my defender.

That was the only tweak it needed regarding live ball .

Right now it still happens but only for teams like Cavs. Its situations my pg just loses the ball if someone walks up, but lebron morphs the ball at will through my defender.

Its been multiple times ive sat there and said ok i beat the ballhandler to the spot and hes just still running at my defender with no punishment thats a steal bruh. Didnt have that problem at launch

Read through the impressions thread . This is a whole different game adjusted for casuals .
Old 12-06-2015, 01:24 PM   #10
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsVURN
The on ball defense sucks now for me the game was better at launch and only needed a few tweaks.

It's a different game now. Full court sprints back and forth THE ENTIRE GAME. Driving through guys without penalty. Sagging off with the center because half court oops are gone...

These issues are most noticeable with MyTeam

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

MyTeam is played on default settings, probably why you're having some of those issues.

Definitely not as bad as you're making it sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 12-06-2015, 05:33 PM   #11
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Game definitely has major issues that weren't as apparent at release.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2015, 08:37 PM   #12
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
Game definitely has major issues that weren't as apparent at release.

There is definitely some things that aren't as good now as it was day1 before they started messing with the game. That typically happens because they listen to the online whiners and then try to please them which in turns seems to ruin some things.

I will say its still the best game the NBA2k devs have ever made, and so far they haven't screwed it up as bad as they did last year when they made shooting way to easy.

Im hoping for another patch to fix some issues that I have mentioned. I still haven't seen a zone D in the game with auto playcalling, and The AI isn't given back a 20 second timeout after halftime. I have seen some tell me they haven't seen this, but I have checked my disc and there is absolutely no scratches whatsoever, so I cant imagine it would be my disc, and the 20 second timeout issue wasn't there at release and juyst happened after this last patch.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 12-07-2015, 01:37 AM   #13
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

I can't hit any post fades , post hooks , or standing layups with my 6'11 maxed inside PF. I can hit driving layups even contested which are only in the 70s. Weird . I might have to make a new player. I literally have no post game.

I also have a hard time stopping people who just turbo into a contested animation and still finish the shot . Maxed defense BTW.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 12-07-2015, 08:18 AM   #14
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
I also have a hard time stopping people who just turbo into a contested animation and still finish the shot . Maxed defense BTW.
This is my biggest problem with the game. People do nothing but hold turbo and run into you. If it doesn't work, pass to the next guy and try the same. This shouldn't be a successful offensive strategy.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:31 AM   #15
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

I agree with the turbo into players issue. if you run into ball handlers they lose the ball 90% of the time. This is just super annoying and can only be countered with protect the ball dribble.
It rewards turbo kids and makes a patient offense pointless.

second issue nobody mentioned is the spacing and recovery speed. It is a major issue that you can just double team and still recover to shooters. Again This is also rewarding a dumb play style while a solid post game is not possible.
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2015, 01:35 PM   #16
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer
I agree with the turbo into players issue. if you run into ball handlers they lose the ball 90% of the time. This is just super annoying and can only be countered with protect the ball dribble.
It rewards turbo kids and makes a patient offense pointless.

second issue nobody mentioned is the spacing and recovery speed. It is a major issue that you can just double team and still recover to shooters. Again This is also rewarding a dumb play style while a solid post game is not possible.

That and the switch off technique that allows the ai defender to slide/warp to you because the bums online to scared to play defense. This game has really become pathetic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »