Home

tips for combatting the so called 'comeback code'.

This is a discussion on tips for combatting the so called 'comeback code'. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2015, 05:04 PM   #65
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: tips for combatting the so called 'comeback code'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
I agree it can happen, just like in real life. But comeback code and scripting lingo are folktales and hype words.
As someone indifferent to this topic: I would expect there to be some element of coding to script the "opportunity" for sudden runs by the team who is down heavy. I don't think the code would be a number of hard variables that cannot be overcome by the team in the lead. Nor do I think the variables would favor the losing team without that said team doing his own work and taking his chances.

I find it to be a level of naivety to boldy announce there is no comeback coding in the game - as if this is all left up to random happenstance.

The video game is tailored to simulate the Sport and comebacks are happening every week in the NBA. Some comebacks are halted quickly while others seem to perpetuate unto a slow death and then others do prevail unto victory.

I'm not the one with developer experience but I would expect there to be some type of coding even if it's as subtle as momentum boosts. This is sufficient alone in helping orchestrate comebacks and I am fine with this. I expect and want to see the possibility of comebacks no matter how improbable the chances because these dramas are part of the game and I love these moments.

Again, I am indifferent on the topic - no strong opinion either way but I am content knowing that comebacks are possible and not merely because of skill: this is not how it plays out in reality. In Sport, tough, strong, skillful teams can go into sudden cold slumps at a whim for no clear reason to our eyesight or the coaches sight.

The game needs coding to make these circumstances possible. How you mentally and assertively face this adversity is up to your own doing as much as it is Doc Rivers'.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 12-09-2015 at 05:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2015, 05:30 PM   #66
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
Start of the 3rd quarter and your up by at least 10, I guarantee that the person down will make shots they didn't make in the first 2 quarters. Same pressure on defense the same shot selection. The game wants the user to get back in the game until the score is tied or they take the lead. Which ever happens that's when the game will settle down. That's how I always see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So....you're suppose to stay hot, while your opponent stays cold? Okay...
Old 12-09-2015, 05:33 PM   #67
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
As someone indifferent to this topic: I would expect there to be some element of coding to script the "opportunity" for sudden runs by the team who is down heavy. I don't think the code would be a number of hard variables that cannot be overcome by the team in the lead. Nor do I think the variables would favor the losing team without that said team doing his own work and taking his chances.

I find it to be a level of naivety to boldy announce there is no comeback coding in the game - as if this is all left up to random happenstance.

The video game is tailored to simulate the Sport and comebacks are happening every week in the NBA. Some comebacks are halted quickly while others seem to perpetuate unto a slow death and then others do prevail unto victory.

I'm not the one with developer experience but I would expect there to be some type of coding even if it's as subtle as momentum boosts. This is sufficient alone in helping orchestrate comebacks and I am fine with this. I expect and want to see the possibility of comebacks no matter how improbable the chances because these dramas are part of the game and I love these moments.

Again, I am indifferent on the topic - no strong opinion either way but I am content knowing that comebacks are possible and not merely because of skill: this is not how it plays out in reality. In Sport, tough, strong, skillful teams can go into sudden cold slumps at a whim for no clear reason to our eyesight or the coaches sight.

The game needs coding to make these circumstances possible. How you mentally and assertively face this adversity is up to your own doing as much as it is Doc Rivers'.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Not disagreeing at all with momentum swings being in the game man; my first post in this thread agrees that there are momentum swings. The only reason I am avid about the "coding" or "scripting" being overblown is because 2K confirmed that for us, yet here we are.

As you are, I am a fan of the momentum swings because as you and I can agree on, it's apart of the game. What I can't agree with is calling it scripted (or any excessive extreme verbiage to describe a fundamental part of basketball) or that one team is predetermined to win from the tip.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:36 PM   #68
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
So....you're suppose to stay hot, while your opponent stays cold? Okay...
No but I don't expect it to feel forced either. My opponent scores the first basket of the third now I miss everything unless I get a dunk. That how I feel it goes sometimes.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:57 PM   #69
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

Players should get hot and cold based on performance and not storylines aka scripts aka coding. It doesn't make sense to reward a player with being hot just for the sake of the game especially if they are putting up bad shots the majority of the game.
Old 12-09-2015, 09:32 PM   #70
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

So what you're saying is that in YOUR games, the result is already predetermined within the first few minutes of the game?
Old 12-09-2015, 09:56 PM   #71
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

tips for combatting the so called 'comeback code'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
So what you're saying is that in YOUR games, the result is already predetermined within the first few minutes of the game?

Who said that? Because I sure didn't. Didn't say anything close to it. Just simply stating my option on the come back code theory and hot and cold streaks. I do feel there is some things that trigger momentum swings which you can say are predetermined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2015, 11:45 PM   #72
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

What things are those? Just so I know what to look out for, in the event that it does happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »