Home

Why does 2k award terrible defenders?

This is a discussion on Why does 2k award terrible defenders? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2015, 10:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Why does 2k award terrible defenders?

Guys who spam the steal button, jump recklessly while the person who puts them in a bad situation will fall into an animation where they stumble/lose the ball. It's nearly impossible to make the right basketball play because guys are flying around everywhere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2015, 10:53 AM   #2
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Why does 2k award terrible defenders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by barond57
Guys who spam the steal button, jump recklessly while the person who puts them in a bad situation will fall into an animation where they stumble/lose the ball. It's nearly impossible to make the right basketball play because guys are flying around everywhere.
My dude, what are you talking about? If I spam steal on defense I get burnt. If It's a passing lane I dive 12 feet towards the pass. If someone is in front of me and I arbitrarily reach, they are gone.

If I spam block it usually results in a basket unless the guy on offense is trying to do something he has no room to do.

If anything this current system punishes poor defense because just spamming a button as a method of defense results in getting torched.

Saying people "Fly everywherr, fall, and lose the ball" sounds like you might be trying some stuff without proper spacing. You have to be careful with your dribbles because the ball is more live after patch 3, and you no longer a lot of situations where it goes through a guy's leg. The biggest adjustment for me was realizing my previous moves relied on the game bail outs vs. Actually creating space to get by a defender.

As for blocking: If a guy goes up and you go ip into them with the wrong contextual animation and lose the ball, that's bad feels man, I agree. I almost never see the ball lost other than that particular thing, unless they got stripped. If you're getting stripped you have to figure out who's doing it and exploit it.

Is it your mark? Post up->fade away. Is it help D? Burn them with a pass, keep them honest

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 12-07-2015, 11:34 AM   #3
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why does 2k award terrible defenders?

Well, you can't spam the steal button anyways, because it becomes an intentional foul after so many button presses....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »