Home

If money wasn't an issue

This is a discussion on If money wasn't an issue within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2015, 06:35 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
If money wasn't an issue

Before confuses arises, personally I don't like the Salary Cap which is why I want to discuss what the NBA in terms of Rosters would look like without it.

In my opinion far too many guys now get max or close to max salary deals which is why they stick around with either rubbish teams or why teams don't make it over the hump because they desperately try to keep someone who is not that good and then clog up their salary cap with that guy (O.J. Mayo, Kris Middleton, Tobias Harris etc.).

So I want to start a MyLeague with, let's say a what if scenerio:

What if their was no salary cap and the big market teams could, if they wanted to outspend the small and medium markets. What if guys were actually paid what they are worth and teams would simply let them go if they didn't feel like they were worth as much?

The reason why you barely see any noticeable players move in free agency is the cap space in my opinion which basically tells the player: stay where you are so you can get those 1-2-3 mio more per year. It's not truely an open market especially because players can't take their bird rights with them if they decide to sign somewhere else in free agency. I think there are several players who might have moved teams, actually waited for free agency (imagine if Lillard and Davis hadn't signed their extensions and teams would be scrambling in a free agency with Lillary, Davis, Durant, Beal, Gobert, Whiteside, Lebron, Wade, Barnes, Drummond and others).

Since I'm thinking of editing the rosters to reflect such a situation what do you guys think? Do you think guys would have still stayed around or do you think guys would have banded up or rather there would have been organisations that would have managed to assemble two or three max contract players? Say Davis, Lillard and Durant had decided to team up, maybe even added Whiteside or Drummond? Or maybe Davis would have gone to the Spurs and Lillard would have followed while KD would go to Washington with Beal and they would sign up Gobert. Or maybe Chicago could get rid of Rose and bring someone like Lillard on board?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2015, 11:06 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: If money wasn't an issue

Knicks would be stacked, Lakers would be stacked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »