Home

Sim Stats *myleague*

This is a discussion on Sim Stats *myleague* within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2015, 01:01 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Sim Stats *myleague*

Steals are hard to get right as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2016, 12:18 AM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baebae32
No matter what i do, i cant get the assists and PIP correct. Downloaded and tweaked rosters myself. Really wish they'd take a look at the sim engine.
someone said adjusting tempo will affect simmed games stats ect. how does adjusting temppo work for games that you are not appart of? It would be switched to auto coach adjustments through the sim engine no?

if so how do i control all teams tempo what are all the settings
Old 02-25-2016, 09:05 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

As someone else mentioned, I believe the high rebound numbers are due to Team Rebounds being counted toward the overall rebounds. Team rebounds are ones that go out of bounds, and I recently found out that even missed free throws count as team rebounds. So, if someone is shooting 2 free throws, and misses the first, I believe an offensive rebound is being credited, and thus why the team stats doesn't match up to the actual offensive rebounds.

What Is a Dead-Ball Rebound?
Steve Kirschner is an associate athletic director at North Carolina, but his basketball career began as a freshman at UConn in 1984, when he kept stats for the men’s team. He explained the three most common ways to get a dead-ball rebound, which never count toward a team’s total.

1. A miss on the first foul shot of a two-shot foul, or the first two shots of a three-shot foul. In this case, the offensive team gets credited with a dead-ball rebound, since it gets the ball back. “It’s just an accountant’s correction,” Kirschner explained.

http://grantland.com/features/dead-b...ball-rulebook/

Although that is for college, the same rules should follow for professional.

As for getting accurate statistics, I personally use sim-live for all CPU vs CPU games, setting all coaching sliders to Auto. I get better simmed stats, such as PIP being in the 35-48 range for all teams. I believe sim-live actually uses your sliders, so if you have good in game stats, this will replicate that. That being said, it is very time consuming to do this. It takes about 15 mins per game to simulate. Most people would not want to simulate this way.
Old 02-25-2016, 09:34 AM   #28
Rookie

sperlz_99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcaler

As for getting accurate statistics, I personally use sim-live for all CPU vs CPU games, setting all coaching sliders to Auto. I get better simmed stats, such as PIP being in the 35-48 range for all teams. I believe sim-live actually uses your sliders, so if you have good in game stats, this will replicate that. That being said, it is very time consuming to do this. It takes about 15 mins per game to simulate. Most people would not want to simulate this way.
Do you have to go through each game individually or can you go through all games that day at the same time on sim-live? because the idea of spending two hours to sim games on one game day to get to my match seems a bit too much.
However I am big on the stats and the simmed games stats are way out and killing the game realism for me as i'm seeing myself constantly top of PIP, defensive rebounds. and lowest in steals/turnovers even though i'm the Jazz with a record of 18-18
Old 02-25-2016, 02:17 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperlz_99
Do you have to go through each game individually or can you go through all games that day at the same time on sim-live? because the idea of spending two hours to sim games on one game day to get to my match seems a bit too much.
However I am big on the stats and the simmed games stats are way out and killing the game realism for me as i'm seeing myself constantly top of PIP, defensive rebounds. and lowest in steals/turnovers even though i'm the Jazz with a record of 18-18
Unfortunately you do have to go through them one at a time. I work from home, so I just let them roll while I work. It's definitely not ideal, and I wouldn't be surprised if I'm the only one who does this, but the stats being off bug me that much. I've tried to find faster methods to get the same results, but have been unsuccessful.
Old 02-26-2016, 04:20 AM   #30
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbcaler
Unfortunately you do have to go through them one at a time. I work from home, so I just let them roll while I work. It's definitely not ideal, and I wouldn't be surprised if I'm the only one who does this, but the stats being off bug me that much. I've tried to find faster methods to get the same results, but have been unsuccessful.
FYI, simcast live allows you to speed up the simulation to 6X, so a 12 minute quarter game ends up taking about 10-15 minutes to complete. I found this to be really, really helpful when simulating parts of a season. The only thing you need to watch out for is a bug in SCL where teams will be using the wrong playbooks. If you fix those at the start of the game, you're good.

Sonicmage NBA 2K18 Ratings 2017-18 season
Link to Ratings 1996-2017
Link to Ratings 1973-1996
Link to Ratings All-time

Discussion found here

Last edited by SonicMage; 02-26-2016 at 04:55 AM.
Old 02-27-2016, 03:36 PM   #31
Rookie

sperlz_99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicmage
FYI, simcast live allows you to speed up the simulation to 6X, so a 12 minute quarter game ends up taking about 10-15 minutes to complete. I found this to be really, really helpful when simulating parts of a season. The only thing you need to watch out for is a bug in SCL where teams will be using the wrong playbooks. If you fix those at the start of the game, you're good.
Can you please advise me how to fix the play books?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2016, 03:42 PM   #32
Rookie

sperlz_99's Arena

And also is there a way to skip timeouts on simcast live without having to press the buttons. And what's the best game difficulty to have it on to get teams playing the most realistic. I currently have it on all star and on simulation and seems pretty good

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »