Home

Potential magnetic ball handling in patch 4.

This is a discussion on Potential magnetic ball handling in patch 4. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2015, 12:42 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Potential magnetic ball handling in patch 4.

I rarely turbo yet the loose balls still happen. I stopped using turbo because of it. The problem is that it happens all to frequently. If I spin and loose the ball by colliding into another player, then thats my fault... But I played somebody that alsways bumps you on the perimeter. Often time it leads to a loose ball. In Mycareer, all the cpu does is bump into and there can be a loose ball. The Cpu did it like 3 times straight in one game. I def needs to be addressed but I don't want magnetic ball.
Old 12-14-2015, 01:16 AM   #34
Pro

dnyce87's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchiggs
I rarely turbo yet the loose balls still happen. I stopped using turbo because of it. The problem is that it happens all to frequently. If I spin and loose the ball by colliding into another player, then thats my fault... But I played somebody that alsways bumps you on the perimeter. Often time it leads to a loose ball. In Mycareer, all the cpu does is bump into and there can be a loose ball. The Cpu did it like 3 times straight in one game. I def needs to be addressed but I don't want magnetic ball.
Yeah offense gets penalized, but defense also needs to get penalized for turboing and running into u causing the TO. Don't tune the ball handling...someone mentioned calling kickball for defenders that run into you. That would be a good idea if they can somehow make that work right.
Old 12-14-2015, 02:29 AM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
https://youtu.be/SAh1bHjesO8

Rubberband / Yoyo handles

XB1 Patch #3 My Career, HOF Casual, CPU vs CPU interaction

CPU ball handler goes 100 gunho mode into my teammate who is clean flat-footed ready to take a charge. I'm not concerned about a no penalty call because it's Casual mode and even on Simulation there is no call so not gonna exasperate the concern.

The CPU Ballhandler should have...

#1 slowed down in transition for his pull-up

#2 performed a dribble move that would have demonstrated he acknowledges the defender is in his path: a spin or a cross but not a head-on dribble launch you use to lead a one man fast break.

#3 slow down and wait for your teammates if you have no tendency for a one man fast break drive / shot.

This contextual AI coding needs to be cleaned up.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
SMH, Coders went full Troll mode on me in Allstar game, CPU was playing like it was a matter of life and death for entire universe...so ridiculous.

I just want to play a basketball game... this is so not basketball now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2015, 05:49 AM   #36
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Potential magnetic ball handling in patch 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
https://youtu.be/SAh1bHjesO8

Rubberband / Yoyo handles

XB1 Patch #3 My Career, HOF Casual, CPU vs CPU interaction

CPU ball handler goes 100 gunho mode into my teammate who is clean flat-footed ready to take a charge. I'm not concerned about a no penalty call because it's Casual mode and even on Simulation there is no call so not gonna exasperate the concern.

The CPU Ballhandler should have...

#1 slowed down in transition for his pull-up

#2 performed a dribble move that would have demonstrated he acknowledges the defender is in his path: a spin or a cross but not a head-on dribble launch you use to lead a one man fast break.

#3 slow down and wait for your teammates if you have no tendency for a one man fast break drive / shot.

This contextual AI coding needs to be cleaned up.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

I agree with you but this isn't so much a NBA 2K16 thing as it is a basketball video game thing.....has been in every bball game since last gen...doubt it's patched. Hopefully it's figured out sooner rather than later...

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 12-14-2015 at 06:39 AM.
Old 12-14-2015, 05:29 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnyce87
The only thing that needs work is when defenders are purposely turboing into you to make u lose the ball. It should be a foul on the defender for doing that erratically causing ball handler to do a fall down animation to show the effect.
THIS.

This is a huge problem in Pro-Am. I don't mind getting ripped if I'm lazy with the ball, but losing it just because someone runs into me is silly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »