Home

the code that averages rebounds is incorrect

This is a discussion on the code that averages rebounds is incorrect within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2015, 11:08 AM   #9
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: the code that averages rebounds is incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicmage
Yes, they get recorded as a 'team rebound' in the play-by-play and recorded in the box score as a separate statistic, but if you're looking at a team's total stats for a season, the rebounds we see are always equal to the total of the players' rebounds, it's been that way for several decades. Explanation within: Stat Questions: Why Do Pre-1970s Team Rebound Totals Not Match the Sums of Individual Players?

If the Team Comparison screen is counting Team rebounds in the rebound totals, then that is incorrect and should be changed.

P.S. Not only are missed technical free throws counted as team rebounds, but also a missed first of a pair of free throws as well. Where it gets really tricky are so called 'dead ball rebounds' which are rebounds counted following a missed shot when the game clock expires.
I guess I've never tallied up the individual rebounds and compared them to the team total before. I didn't realize that team rebounds weren't actually counted in the total team rebounds category. Interesting.
Old 12-11-2015, 04:57 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Do you have normalize played stats to sim stats checked???? That may be the issue. When you have that option checked the game will add stats to make it look like you played a full game or whatever you have your sim quarter length at.
Old 12-11-2015, 07:45 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasBartender
Do you have normalize played stats to sim stats checked???? That may be the issue. When you have that option checked the game will add stats to make it look like you played a full game or whatever you have your sim quarter length at.
I did do that but thats not the issue. its incorrect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2015, 05:17 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 19

there are about 10 teams in my association mode where teams average 54 or more rebounds. the lowest rebound average is 45 per game.
in the real NBA as of right now there are 2 teams that average 48 rpg. the rest of teams average between 40 and 47 rpg.

another reason for the high rebound amount is because there arent enough balls going out of bounds while fighting for rebounds. its non existent I am going to lower the hand sliders to see if I can get more.

assists also skews high
and there is a lack of non shooting fouls also

if we wind up with another patch Id like this addressed.

stats is why we play sim styled sports titles.
Old 12-19-2015, 12:01 AM   #13
Pro

JoFri's Arena

OVR: 0
the code that averages rebounds is incorrect

normalise the stats will give u different stats from gameplay. hated it cos it bump up the no. off it to see the stats as per gameplay.
Old 12-19-2015, 01:18 AM   #14
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
there are about 10 teams in my association mode where teams average 54 or more rebounds. the lowest rebound average is 45 per game.
in the real NBA as of right now there are 2 teams that average 48 rpg. the rest of teams average between 40 and 47 rpg.

another reason for the high rebound amount is because there arent enough balls going out of bounds while fighting for rebounds. its non existent I am going to lower the hand sliders to see if I can get more.

assists also skews high
and there is a lack of non shooting fouls also

if we wind up with another patch Id like this addressed.

stats is why we play sim styled sports titles.

Same here, and when this stuff is not right it basically ruins that game fo rme and that means I have thrown basically 70$ away on a game I have no use for. Ive got to stop buying day1, and start waiting to see what all is broke each year before buying. I say this each year, but always give in to the hype,lol, going to be my New Years resolution to not buy NBA2k on day 1 anymore, will see come NBA2k17 if Im able to keep that resolution

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »