Home

NBA 2K16 Patch #4 to Address Couch Co-Op Bug, Gameplay & More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Patch #4 to Address Couch Co-Op Bug, Gameplay & More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2015, 12:32 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Patch #4 to Address Couch Co-Op Bug, Gameplay & More

Player Awareness

1. stop all the in close proximity switching causing mix matches
2. Court Awareness no clue where the baseline is when dribbling(CPU)
3. Leaving players for no reason
4. Please fix the center or PF from setting up at the stanchion and giving away lay ups like oprah gives away cars.

I would like to be affored non brain dead teammates I don't want to go to defensive settings and do all the heavy lifting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2015, 12:36 PM   #26
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7

Players step out of bounds way too easy, especially along the baseline. Ball handling does need a slight tweak. Ball gets passed and stolen before I even realize I had possession. Defense took a step back. My player is stuck in the mud and can't match CPU's first step. Defense used to be great but now they slide through you.
Kansas State Wildcats

Last edited by Magnus1959; 12-12-2015 at 12:41 PM. Reason: edit
Old 12-12-2015, 12:44 PM   #27
Banned

WISports's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballin91
very stiff player movement! i am pressing down the left analog stick but it's always stuttering!!! and im pressing R2 hard. when going up, there is no problem as you can see but when it's moving down... stiffness all over. it doesn't even want to move in 0:21 of the video. please help us Beluba

VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ppX4tMNiDk (not moving at 0:21)

fastbreak BUG STIFFNESS PROOF: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li9RsJoTceI
notes: stiffness and moves directly always to the sidelines even if i direct the player towards the rim

watch at 480 or 720, you can change the speed to 0.5

it is not fluid and very stiff movement, seems like they don't want to move as said by the left analog stick, it doesn't make a difference whether R2 is pressed or not

PS4, broadcast camera, controller is not broken
Player responsiveness has been an issue for some time now.

Having your player move, and especially jump, a full second after you press the stick/buttons hurts timing when trying to make plays.

And regarding dribbling in traffic. Anybody who watches the NBA knows good ball handlers can dribble thru traffic without losing the ball. That needs to be tweaked in the game, for sure.
Old 12-12-2015, 01:31 PM   #28
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA 2K16 Patch #4 to Address Couch Co-Op Bug, Gameplay & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
I concur. When I say a tad, I mean a minute amount. If they are going to over emphasize them, I'd rather them stay the same then revert back to requiring zero skill again

I really hope on-ball defense is tuned to be more effective,directional passing reverts back to last year's (or any year besides this one) concept and bail-out fouls are tuned down.

Yeah I'd agree with you....as long as they don't overdue it I'm ok with them tweaking it...guys who can finish, and are open shouldn't be missing wide open oops. There are still some that slip through that shouldn't though tbh, it's a delicate balance.

Agree with the bail out fouls. They could increase OBD and contact vs. the CPU but I feel it's damn near perfect vs human IMO...good mix of skill and challenge.

Regarding the steals, there are sliders offline....I say put the CPU steals at 0 of you want to dribble in traffic freely without having to worry about losing the ball...
Old 12-12-2015, 01:32 PM   #29
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballin2k0
just remember 2k if i cant dribble i cant play ok
Dribbling is fine though. If you know how to dribble and actually pay attention to the floor aswell as the offensive and defensive players there's no problem. I lose the ball when I do something stupid, like trying to weave through a whole defense. I don't lose the ball when I break a guy and have to dribble around help D(I also don't force it through if it's not there)

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 12-12-2015, 01:36 PM   #30
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

CPU defense really needs to be looked at, in transition most of the time the CPU has no awareness of the attacking players and will run into the paint and leave a guy open even when its 2 on 2 and youve picked up the other player.
Old 12-12-2015, 01:46 PM   #31
Pro

dnyce87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
And regarding dribbling in traffic. Anybody who watches the NBA knows good ball handlers can dribble thru traffic without losing the ball. That needs to be tweaked in the game, for sure.
Sure they can dribble in traffic..but not while their index finger is smashing down turbo. You don't see NBA players turboing in traffic. Often what you see is change of speed and direction and knowing WHEN to attack. Just because your player has 99 ball control that does not give him the green light to dribble however and whenever he wants without consequences. Ball control means exactly that BALL CONTROL not try to dribble between 3 players in the paint and hope for a bail out foul or a forced layup which I often see A LOT especially in park.

That's not basketball and it's a poor decision on the player's part trying to force the issue. The offense is so overpowering in this game with so many ways to score if you practice your stick skills that you won't need to try to dribble in traffic to try and score. If you're a guard use stepback jumpers, hop jumpers, spin jumpers, the stepback dribble moves are amazing to create space, the hesitation escape and ISO sizeups (ones that will create separation to set up your jumper) as well. Guards are so much more than trying to straight line drive to the basket for a poster dunk.

Use the dribble moves in accordance how the defense is playing you. If you wanna do a hesitation to spin drive and I as a defender beat you to that spot, chances are you're out of control and will either result in you losing the ball or me drawing a charge (this needs to be tuned more in online play against heavy turbo ball handlers) on you if I hold my stance properly.

Please 2k hold your ground and don't cave in to these players who want to spam turbo and dribble in traffic without consequences.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2015, 01:58 PM   #32
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
Dribbling is fine though. If you know how to dribble and actually pay attention to the floor aswell as the offensive and defensive players there's no problem. I lose the ball when I do something stupid, like trying to weave through a whole defense. I don't lose the ball when I break a guy and have to dribble around help D(I also don't force it through if it's not there)
Losing the ball dribbling is not a problem for me. It's when the dumbed down AI passes the ball to you in traffic, you are going to lose the ball before you can make a move.
Kansas State Wildcats

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »