Home

NBA 2K16 Patch #4 to Address Couch Co-Op Bug, Gameplay & More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Patch #4 to Address Couch Co-Op Bug, Gameplay & More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2015, 02:06 PM   #33
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NBA 2K16 Patch #4 to Address Couch Co-Op Bug, Gameplay & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
Player Awareness

1. stop all the in close proximity switching causing mix matches
2. Court Awareness no clue where the baseline is when dribbling(CPU)
3. Leaving players for no reason
4. Please fix the center or PF from setting up at the stanchion and giving away lay ups like oprah gives away cars.

I would like to be affored non brain dead teammates I don't want to go to defensive settings and do all the heavy lifting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus1959
Players step out of bounds way too easy, especially along the baseline. Ball handling does need a slight tweak. Ball gets passed and stolen before I even realize I had possession. Defense took a step back. My player is stuck in the mud and can't match CPU's first step. Defense used to be great but now they slide through you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuggler
CPU defense really needs to be looked at, in transition most of the time the CPU has no awareness of the attacking players and will run into the paint and leave a guy open even when its 2 on 2 and youve picked up the other player.
These are the things for me as well. I'm kinda worried, because most of the off the ball defensive issues have been there since release day, and weren't address in 3 patches, so it may not be addressed now either.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:13 PM   #34
MVP

Magnus1959's Arena

OVR: 7

If they do make tweaks, make sure they are not over-done. The fixes tend to go too far but there are some things that need tweaks.
Kansas State Wildcats
Old 12-12-2015, 02:14 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnyce87
Sure they can dribble in traffic..but not while their index finger is smashing down turbo. You don't see NBA players turboing in traffic. Often what you see is change of speed and direction and knowing WHEN to attack. Just because your player has 99 ball control that does not give him the green light to dribble however and whenever he wants without consequences. Ball control means exactly that BALL CONTROL not try to dribble between 3 players in the paint and hope for a bail out foul or a forced layup which I often see A LOT especially in park.

That's not basketball and it's a poor decision on the player's part trying to force the issue. The offense is so overpowering in this game with so many ways to score if you practice your stick skills that you won't need to try to dribble in traffic to try and score. If you're a guard use stepback jumpers, hop jumpers, spin jumpers, the stepback dribble moves are amazing to create space, the hesitation escape and ISO sizeups (ones that will create separation to set up your jumper) as well. Guards are so much more than trying to straight line drive to the basket for a poster dunk.

Use the dribble moves in accordance how the defense is playing you. If you wanna do a hesitation to spin drive and I as a defender beat you to that spot, chances are you're out of control and will either result in you losing the ball or me drawing a charge (this needs to be tuned more in online play against heavy turbo ball handlers) on you if I hold my stance properly.

Please 2k hold your ground and don't cave in to these players who want to spam turbo and dribble in traffic without consequences.
That's a lot of assumptions about that dudes playstyle and issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2015, 02:20 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballin91
very stiff player movement! i am pressing down the left analog stick but it's always stuttering!!! and im pressing R2 hard. when going up, there is no problem as you can see but when it's moving down... stiffness all over. it doesn't even want to move in 0:21 of the video. please help us Beluba

VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ppX4tMNiDk (not moving at 0:21)

fastbreak BUG STIFFNESS PROOF: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li9RsJoTceI
notes: stiffness and moves directly always to the sidelines even if i direct the player towards the rim

watch at 480 or 720, you can change the speed to 0.5

it is not fluid and very stiff movement, seems like they don't want to move as said by the left analog stick, it doesn't make a difference whether R2 is pressed or not

PS4, broadcast camera, controller is not broken
I get that trying to run out of play thing all the time. It can absolutely kill a fast break.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:39 PM   #37
Pro

dnyce87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
That's a lot of assumptions about that dudes playstyle and issues.
I wasn't directing it towards his playstyle per say. I was using examples to show instances why it doesn't need to be addressed offensively as in a general population. I wasn't intentionally trying to dismiss what he said. What I should ask the quoted post member is: Are you turboing into traffic and expecting to dribble out of it? Or are you releasing turbo and protecting the ball as your in the paint to draw the defense in and kick it out to a shooter? If this is the case and you're losing the ball, I can kind of see where you're coming from. If it is the opposite, then it shouldn't be addressed as to what I had stated already. So from what I can understand it could be two different issues going on that we need to clarify here:

. A you have people who turbo recklessly and expect not to lose the ball or trying to flashy dribble their way past the defense

.B you have people who get into the painted area (the tony parkers and rajon rondos of the world) to draw attention just to kick it right out for an open shot.

I would hope that "A" is not even remotely considered to be addressed as the way it is now rewards the defense for playing good defense and punishes the ball handler for playing hero ball.

"B" on the other hand could be considered due to what the quoted post mention that good ball handlers can dribble thru traffic. This is true, if they're not turboing in the paint trying to score on 2 or 3 defenders. Turboing is the problem and is often the culprit for 2k players losing the ball since release of the patch.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:41 PM   #38
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
NBA 2K16 Patch #4 to Address Couch Co-Op Bug, Gameplay & More

Hopefully, this patch isn't too big because it's pretty balanced but the main issue that needs to be fixed is the player stiffness and crazy movements.

I just miss being fluid moving around the court. Press LT you just move all over the place sometimes. Mostly every fast break, you lose control for a second running out of bounds. I just don't know how patch 3 made that happen.

I've always played 2K for the whole year or years, but if this isn't fixed, I might have to retire it early because I can't play MC or quick games like this which would be sad because the game is so nice. But all these crazy jerky movements and you fighting for control is beyond annoying.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

Last edited by Jrocc23; 12-12-2015 at 03:00 PM.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:44 PM   #39
Pro

dnyce87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Hopefully, this patch isn't too big because it's pretty balanced but the main issue that needs to be fixed is the player stiffness and crazy movements. I just miss being fluid moving around the court. Press LT you just move all over the place sometimes. Mostly every fast break, you lose control for a second running out of bounds. I just don't know how patch 3 made that happen.

I've always played 2K for the whole year or years, but if this isn't fixed, I might have to retire it early because I can't play MC or quick games like this which would be sad because the game is so nice. But all these crazy jerky movements and you fighting for control is beyond annoying.
I agree with all of this. 2k15 was not like this in My Career with the stiffness, input lag, and the delayed reaction defensively.
Old 12-12-2015, 02:49 PM   #40
Rookie

SHOWOFF's Arena

can we please get 5vs5 vs your friends in pro am

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »