Home

Constant Double teams WTF??!!

This is a discussion on Constant Double teams WTF??!! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2015, 04:09 AM   #1
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

have had zero problems with these since release - yet since Friday night, every time, and I mean EVERY TIME I give the ball to Jordan, whether it's at the post or the perimeter an instant double comes.

It's on EVERY DAMN POSSESSION and getting extremely annoying now.

We're all obviously aware that Mike is Mike, and he demanded that kind of attention, but REALLY 2k? EVERY POSSESSION?

I was shaking my head literally last night watching the opposing team double down on Mike at the 3point line at the very start of the game, he hadn't even ATTEMPTED a buckett yet, wtf?????

Anyone else suffering with these constant doubles?

If I remember correctly, people were talking about this after the patch hit on PS4, no?

Anyway around this folks?

(I'm playing a season with the 98 Bulls - I believe we're 17 - 1 right now and MJ is winning weekly/monthly player awards - wondering if this has had an effect on how teams are playing him?)

Last edited by daveberg; 12-15-2015 at 04:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2015, 04:43 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Constant Double teams WTF??!!

haven't noticed this on pc. were you playing against the sonics? seattle doubles much much more than any other team - especially in the post.
Old 12-15-2015, 05:23 AM   #3
MVP

daveberg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by psydefx
haven't noticed this on pc. were you playing against the sonics? seattle doubles much much more than any other team - especially in the post.
Playing against current day teams, I've had several games since Friday night where the teams are throwing double after double on Mike. Can barely even get the ball to him in the post these last few matches, it's been ridiculous!

Grizzlies & Bucks were the most recent.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:52 AM   #4
Pro

JoFri's Arena

u moved up to superstar?
Old 12-15-2015, 07:05 AM   #5
MVP

daveberg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFri
u moved up to superstar?
Na, still pro. with custom sliders. Not sure what's going on.

As I mentioned before, I know MJ will face doubles, that's standard and dealt with easy enough, but on nearly every possession including on the perimeter? That's just madness.

Maybe it was just the certain teams I was facing - this is a season against current day teams and is the first time I've played any of them, the defensive pressure is clearly different to most of the classic teams I've faced.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2015, 07:27 AM   #6
Pro

JoFri's Arena

prior to patch 3, rarely double teams came. wat we did (to sim) was switch the control to the opposing team (cpu) and change 'double team' from manual to auto. depending on the teams, i saw some double on catch right after cross half court jus like what u described. some double on post. yes, its a bit annoying cos it limits my one on one play at the post alot. i ran a few catch and shoot plays to free my guy. other means include using alot of triangle freelance cuts to get easy baskets. after a while, i stop switching the controls.

post patch 3, cpu teams deploy double based on their defensive strategy where i believe users have no controls even were to control all 30 teams. i suspect thats the so-called ACE kicking in-effect. for sure, it came in midway.

however, i have yet to encounter double team on the catch. i saw little when play against the wolves in the playoffs. when playing against the spurs, double came often when at post.

u want to add in some pnr plays? best if u have kerr and kukoc to spread the floor. i notice cpu rarely double when running pnr plays.

i'm on franchise, 30-team control, myleague mode. havent played the classic bulls much since patch 3. i'll try out a game or 2 tonight. keep u posted.

oh, do the catch and quick turnaround jumper to negate the double team effect! its money.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:22 AM   #7
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

What are your numbers with Jordan? If you are averaging some ridiculous numbers with him, then yeah, the double probably does come every time he touches the ball. When the last patch came out, people were complaining about this in MyCareer. Their player would get doubled any time they had the ball across half court. One of the 2K Devs mentioned that each person complaining was also averaging 45 pts, 20 assists, and 15 rebounds per game, or something ridiculous along those lines, with their MyCareer player.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:24 AM   #8
MVP

daveberg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFri
prior to patch 3, rarely double teams came. wat we did (to sim) was switch the control to the opposing team (cpu) and change 'double team' from manual to auto. depending on the teams, i saw some double on catch right after cross half court jus like what u described. some double on post. yes, its a bit annoying cos it limits my one on one play at the post alot. i ran a few catch and shoot plays to free my guy. other means include using alot of triangle freelance cuts to get easy baskets. after a while, i stop switching the controls.

post patch 3, cpu teams deploy double based on their defensive strategy where i believe users have no controls even were to control all 30 teams. i suspect thats the so-called ACE kicking in-effect. for sure, it came in midway.

however, i have yet to encounter double team on the catch. i saw little when play against the wolves in the playoffs. when playing against the spurs, double came often when at post.

u want to add in some pnr plays? best if u have kerr and kukoc to spread the floor. i notice cpu rarely double when running pnr plays.

i'm on franchise, 30-team control, myleague mode. havent played the classic bulls much since patch 3. i'll try out a game or 2 tonight. keep u posted.

oh, do the catch and quick turnaround jumper to negate the double team effect! its money.
Thanks for the info man - I normally have a lot of mid range and post plays in the playbook for Mike, but most of the time I run with the freelance Triangle. Problem with the doubles is that they're now negating just about every post play for MJ making it hard to get him down low for his signature fadeaways. Same as you, I find myself scoring off cuts in the triangle or PnR's on the weak side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
What are your numbers with Jordan? If you are averaging some ridiculous numbers with him, then yeah, the double probably does come every time he touches the ball. When the last patch came out, people were complaining about this in MyCareer. Their player would get doubled any time they had the ball across half court. One of the 2K Devs mentioned that each person complaining was also averaging 45 pts, 20 assists, and 15 rebounds per game, or something ridiculous along those lines, with their MyCareer player.
Yeah I hear you on that - I'm only running 7 minute quarters (So I can get those elusive end of game highlights) so I'm averaging around 26/27 ppg 4ast, 3rbs (Leading the league in scoring though, It's MJ, it would be rude not to, right?)

Just seems to be something that's crept up over the last 4 or 5 games. Maybe the ACE kicking in as mentioned above due to the Bulls being on a win streak and Jordan being their main weapon?

Dunno, clutching at straws as it wasn't really happening much before.

Sure I'll adjust - either that or MJ's assists are gonna go through the roof!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »