Home

Intestinal problems in my career, oh also a question about the cameras

This is a discussion on Intestinal problems in my career, oh also a question about the cameras within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2015, 09:48 PM   #1
Rookie

Sajiky's Arena

OVR: 0
Intestinal problems in my career, oh also a question about the cameras

So during halftime on my career the players all file in for the coach to give a rousing speech to and I've noticed that my player never seems to be there. And then about 10 seconds or so into the coaches halftime speech I hear the toilet flush every time so all I can figure is he must be on the can. So I don't know what my player is eating prior to game but it seems to be causing some problems, he might want to eat something a little lighter.

Also is there a way to keep the camera locked so that during my career games the defensive basket is behind me and the offensive hoop is in front of me. I use the 2k camera and I like it pretty well but every half time I have to go in and switch it to get the camera behind me again.

Thanks

Last edited by Sajiky; 12-12-2015 at 09:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2015, 10:14 PM   #2
Rookie

Slooty2k's Arena

Re: Intestinal problems in my career, oh also a question about the cameras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajiky
So during halftime on my career the players all file in for the coach to give a rousing speech to and I've noticed that my player never seems to be there. And then about 10 seconds or so into the coaches halftime speech I hear the toilet flush every time so all I can figure is he must be on the can. So I don't know what my player is eating prior to game but it seems to be causing some problems, he might want to eat something a little lighter.

Also is there a way to keep the camera locked so that during my career games the defensive basket is behind me and the offensive hoop is in front of me. I use the 2k camera and I like it pretty well but every half time I have to go in and switch it to get the camera behind me again.

Thanks
Use the Turbo camera
Old 12-12-2015, 10:21 PM   #3
Rookie

Roger_Black's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajiky
^^ Agreed.

Next year 2k needs to eliminate that 'toilet flush' sound effect every time you enter the locker room at halftime. (or just use it sporadically, not every. single. time.)

They should also show ALL players on your squad walking in, during halftime.

Not just the first 7 players.... Even teammates who are injured, or dressed in 'street clothes' should walk-in and find a seat.

And if they're going to have the Assistant Coach provide the commentary... at least show the Head Coach in the room also, standing somewhere nearby (to give us the 'illusion' that he is actually involved with the halftime pep talk).

I've noticed that MyPlayer always enters the room at the same exact time, in the same exact spot every halftime.... so next year everyone should enter randomly (every single game) if they want to add more realism to the halftime stuff.

Lastly, I think that 2k should bring back that 30-second replay of the 'highlight of the game', they used to show at the start of the 4th quarter.

I don't see it in MyCareer mode anymore.

Or BETTER YET.... call it something like 'EJ's Neat-o Play of the Game'.. and get the whole crew (EJ, Kenny & Shaq) involved in the commentary during the replay, before the 4th quarter starts up.

For example:

- First, Shaq says: "THIS was reallly BIG PLAY Tonight that stood out for me ... What did you guys think?"

- Kenny says: "Agreed. It showed the kind of hustle (or creativity) that this team is really capable of..."

- EJ says: "Well, if (Team X) wins, we'll talk about the importance of this after the game. But now back to the action with Kevin Harlan, Clark Kellogg and Greg Anthony"

And after the game...

EJ, Shaq or Kenny says: "(Team x) had a really big play in the (2nd) quarter that really turned this game around... after that, there was no looking back"

Mix it up. Let them shine with their commentary.
It will add alot of 'realism' to the games.

Last edited by Roger_Black; 12-12-2015 at 10:24 PM.
Old 12-12-2015, 10:46 PM   #4
Rookie

Sajiky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Duke 27
Use the Turbo camera
For my taste that camera sucks. It's a bad angle to see the floor also it moves way to much from side to side.

The 2k camera for me works great, but I can't understand why they would even make it in such a way that every half time it switches. What possible reason would anyone even have for wanting to play each half of the game with the exact opposite perspective?

I know that the real teams switch ends and all but that is still a piss poor reason to make the games perspective switch as well. I mean the real nba players regardless of end of the court they are attacking offensively, their personal perspective while playing is that the offensive basket is still forward. That does not change just cause they are switching ends.

At the very least make it an option for the camera to stay with the same player perspective. That should be simple and an obvious need.

So is that really my only options? I either sacrifice court vision and get motion sickness fron the camera swinging back and forth, or I have to continue to pause and change camera settings every half?

Last edited by Sajiky; 12-12-2015 at 10:50 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »