Home

Energy levels at halftime

This is a discussion on Energy levels at halftime within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2015, 06:02 PM   #1
Rookie

sabastiane's Arena

OVR: 0

Something I've noticed in 2k for along time, after halftime my players are never at 100 for there energy level. In fact the game seems to treat halftime like a end of a quarter instead of a 15 minute break.
Los Angeles Dodgers
Oregon Ducks
Arsenal
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2015, 07:31 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2

In reality, no player is at there full energy level after halftime. As the game goes on players get tired, just because they get a break doesn't mean the wear and tear of the game isn't affecting them. I like it this way.
Old 12-13-2015, 11:25 PM   #3
Pro

Re: Energy levels at halftime

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejones76
In reality, no player is at there full energy level after halftime. As the game goes on players get tired, just because they get a break doesn't mean the wear and tear of the game isn't affecting them. I like it this way.
Hi what mode are you playing in? I am playing my league and my guys and created players are always at 100 after halftime. I would love for it to work the way you describe above.
Old 12-14-2015, 02:36 AM   #4
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
ya but then by that logic the players shouldn't recover to 100 by sitting on the bench for 5 minutes like they do. Halftime is at least 15 minutes. Doesn't make sense
Old 12-15-2015, 02:28 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just think about it, Spurs sit players sometimes during back to back games. As do other teams now (in real life). The reason: the players are not at 100%, just because they haven't played in a few hours or a day, doesn't mean their body is at 100%. When you play pick up basketball you have far more energy the first few games and then when you sit, you will be refreshed but your body doesn't just fully recover on that day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2015, 02:48 PM   #6
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujomatty
ya but then by that logic the players shouldn't recover to 100 by sitting on the bench for 5 minutes like they do. Halftime is at least 15 minutes. Doesn't make sense
Fatigue is all messed up in this game, timeouts and quarter breaks always regenerate way too much stamina for the amount of work these guys put on the floor.
Old 12-15-2015, 04:17 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
i really, really, really hate answers like this. if we are talking about a progressively worn player over the course of the game(much like how fifa does), then yeah, your comment is brilliant. but thats not basketball. out of halftime, players are as recovered as they will ever be during a game. its a 15 min break to get treatment, fluids, stretch, catch their wind, etc.

the OP is absolutely correct. players coming out of halftime should be rejuvenated as they are in real life.

Last edited by phriscaul; 12-15-2015 at 11:22 PM.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:02 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jada855
Hi what mode are you playing in? I am playing my league and my guys and created players are always at 100 after halftime. I would love for it to work the way you describe above.

Do you have your timeouts and substitutions on manual or auto in the coach settings? What are your substitutions set to, fatigue or rotation? If the CPU is controlling all of the above, that could be a reason you're not seeing the different energy levels.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »