Home

NBA 2K16 Patch #4 Scheduled to Arrive within the Next 72 Hours

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Patch #4 Scheduled to Arrive within the Next 72 Hours within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 12:55 PM   #33
Rookie

zizoux's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K16 Patch #4 Scheduled to Arrive within the Next 72 Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
So you do not see all the defensive issues with your teammates?

Centers/PF setting up on defense at the outside of the baseline and a very high rate?

Players Leaving Players on Defense for no reason at a high rate.

Switching on Def causing all kinds of mix matches
Actually these kinds of things make me happy when low rated defenders do them. Also you should change your defensive settings for switching
Old 12-15-2015, 12:58 PM   #34
The Illest Villain

MFDOOMBOT's Arena

OVR: 2

I really wish 2K would've called this "patch 3.5" and left patch 4 in the annals of nefarious game patches for all time. The name "patch 4" should only reside in our nightmares

@Jermain_Santana
Pro Am Twitter: @RatedSim
Twitch: xDOOMBOTx
Old 12-15-2015, 01:00 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by zizoux
Actually these kinds of things make me happy when low rated defenders do them. Also you should change your defensive settings for switching
Defensive setting should come into play when you are trying to counter, contain or curtail something. Having your settings set to "AUTO" should not equate to dumb basic basketball decisions, I should not have to go into defensive settings for my Teammates to understand simple basketball principles.

hey we are in close proximity to each other go ahead and switch my Center onto the Point guard and my point guard onto their center and a whole lot of other craziness.

Last edited by Impetuous65; 12-15-2015 at 01:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2015, 01:06 PM   #36
MVP

Quote:
So low rated defender should set up their paint defense next to the stanchion/baseline? Low rated defenders should leave 3 point shooters wide open in the corner by about 15 feet to run under the basket?

Low rated defenders deserve to be morphed through?
Old 12-15-2015, 01:08 PM   #37
Pro

Quote:
Defensive setting should come into play when you are trying to counter, contain or curtail something. Having your settings set to "AUTO" should not equate to dumb basic basketball decisions, I should not have to go into defensive settings for my Teammates to understand simple basketball principles.

hey we are in close proximity to each other go ahead and switch my Center onto the Point guard and my point guard onto their center and a whole lot of other craziness.
My friends that come over say the same thing and you all have a point.... but in reality it doesn't work like that and it hasn't for years, unfortunately.

So why not change your defensive settings if you know the result(s) when you don't?
Old 12-15-2015, 01:10 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:

Shalom my brother, shalom.
Old 12-15-2015, 01:44 PM   #39
Rookie

CoachDavid's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

No NBA player is that bad on defense. What the difference between players usually involve effort and technique. Of course the elite also take away strength or exploit weaknesses, but no NBA play is that bad.

Same thing goes for contested shots and lay ups. Not many players can't make a layup simply because an elite defender is within arms reach. Also each player response different to a shot being contested. Rarely do they fall apart. Shot percentage changes by a few percent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2015, 01:46 PM   #40
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

I am hoping this patch does almost nothing, but tweaks the CPU transition D just a little bit. It doesn't make sense for my C to be standing behind the basket while I desperately try to pick up whoever I can.

This doesn't happen often but when the game is down to the wire it makes a difference and its easy to feel cheated.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »