Home

Greatest of all Time Play Now

This is a discussion on Greatest of all Time Play Now within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2015, 01:55 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Greatest of all Time Play Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Yeah lol. I don't think they can fix the transition D through a patch. They might have to rewrite the entire code which is a shame because it's unacceptable how bad it is.
And the thing is I remember this being done in 2K15, 2 full versions and it's just gonna be ignored? There's no way that they don't notice this because I saw this within my first 20 games of play now mode. 200+ games later it's glaringly obvious, they've for sure had more time playing than that even imagine.
Old 12-18-2015, 05:29 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroveStreetCJ
Hey guys, so I've been in the greatest time category a few times now but I always fail to win 8 straight to stay there.

Anyways I pretty much had it today, I experienced a guy literally turbo up the court and lead pass to his center for a dunk after every basket I made. I'm sad to see the greatest of all time category filled with stuff like that, it's pretty much just a cheese fest. Yes I tried running back with my center and all that I've played over 200 games of play now. That transition defense needs to be addressed. I think it was 2K13 where they made it really hard to lead to pass and the pass would only get through if the guy is open. Now most of the time the cpu attempts a horrid steal attempt and it's a lead pass dunk fest. If the 2K devs just played greatest of all time now they would realize what areas need to be fixed.

I guess patch 5 is stretch huh

What are your thoughts of the Greatest of all time category?
I've been having the same exact problem for two years now.

After a scored basket my guys always seem to go into animation while my opponent turbos up court right pass them. 2K can you please do away with these unnecessary animations that's causing my players to be totally oblivious to what's going on around them? Not complaining, I'm asking politely lol.
It's causing me points and it's not my fault.

Last edited by smuhead; 12-18-2015 at 05:35 AM.
Old 12-18-2015, 07:00 AM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Hey guys, so I've been in the greatest time category a few times now but I always fail to win 8 straight to stay there.

Anyways I pretty much had it today, I experienced a guy literally turbo up the court and lead pass to his center for a dunk after every basket I made. I'm sad to see the greatest of all time category filled with stuff like that, it's pretty much just a cheese fest. Yes I tried running back with my center and all that I've played over 200 games of play now. That transition defense needs to be addressed. I think it was 2K13 where they made it really hard to lead to pass and the pass would only get through if the guy is open. Now most of the time the cpu attempts a horrid steal attempt and it's a lead pass dunk fest. If the 2K devs just played greatest of all time now they would realize what areas need to be fixed.

I guess patch 5 is stretch huh

What are your thoughts of the Greatest of all time category?
The Goat is definitely a cheese fest. Sometimes when I get knocked down I'm cool with that because I know I can enjoy the game again. But there is a problem where when someone inbound to a player near half court where the defense is very slow to adjust. It almost seems the devs are aware with this problem because they try to slow the inbound process down to seem to let the defense get back. U ever noticed how after a made basket a SF gets the ball, passes to a big, then the big inbound when the sf could have just set up for the inbound? I think this is intentionally done by devs to slow down the game and let the defense gets back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2015, 05:06 PM   #12
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

It's slightly better after the patch but still not good enough. I think the bigger problem is the lead passing. The player seems to get a boost that pushes them way ahead into the lane for easy dunks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2015, 06:08 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManCometh
The Goat is definitely a cheese fest. Sometimes when I get knocked down I'm cool with that because I know I can enjoy the game again. But there is a problem where when someone inbound to a player near half court where the defense is very slow to adjust. It almost seems the devs are aware with this problem because they try to slow the inbound process down to seem to let the defense get back. U ever noticed how after a made basket a SF gets the ball, passes to a big, then the big inbound when the sf could have just set up for the inbound? I think this is intentionally done by devs to slow down the game and let the defense gets back.
Yes I know exactly what you mean. Inbounds are honestly just disgusting all told. Slow laggy, guys running to predetermined spots etc. Someone above mentioned that his guy always seems to go into an animation as someone is doing the turbo cheese and I see that all time. I might even upload a video to show how terrible it is. To describe it in words basically your guy is in his stance as the guy is turboing towards you and does an "olay" by just stepping up towards half court giving the offender a free run. I don't know why this is but it's very unfortunate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
It's slightly better after the patch but still not good enough. I think the bigger problem is the lead passing. The player seems to get a boost that pushes them way ahead into the lane for easy dunks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This as well, the overpowering speed bursts you get from lead passes is crazy. The lead passing code needs to be torn up quite honestly, it's the reason for the majority of my turnovers. The only time it's really useful is when people are doing the turbo off a made basket then lead pass to the center for the dunk (cheese). Most of the time I have a player in a perfect spot to shoot and then my guy rockets a lead pass that forced the guy spotting up into the paint where everybody is. Almost a guaranteed turnover. (this also happens because the game does non-sense cuts for off ball teammates who are in a good shooting spot)

Last edited by GroveStreetCJ; 12-19-2015 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Wanted to add a quote.
Old 12-19-2015, 06:56 PM   #14
Rookie

GOAT is a cheese fest, I made it to GOAT super quick by winning with tier 3 teams, I admit that i lose my share of games cause my team is always overmatched (76ers/Magic/Nets) I'm now giving up 20 fastbreak points a game and this is sad.

You can shoot 70% a game and play smart and still almost lose to a avg player that uses a tier 1 team.

Last edited by Law504; 12-19-2015 at 06:58 PM.
Old 12-19-2015, 08:17 PM   #15
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Quote:
Yes I know exactly what you mean. Inbounds are honestly just disgusting all told. Slow laggy, guys running to predetermined spots etc. Someone above mentioned that his guy always seems to go into an animation as someone is doing the turbo cheese and I see that all time. I might even upload a video to show how terrible it is. To describe it in words basically your guy is in his stance as the guy is turboing towards you and does an "olay" by just stepping up towards half court giving the offender a free run. I don't know why this is but it's very unfortunate.

Hell not even just inbounds. Right after tip off at the start of games there's a good chance your center won't hustle back and give up an easy basket in the paint.

Check out my opponent here. After he wins the tip first thing he looks to do is attack the paint and dump the ball off to his center because he knows it's an easy two points.

It's really pathetic how clueless your teammates are on defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2015, 04:00 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Hell not even just inbounds. Right after tip off at the start of games there's a good chance your center won't hustle back and give up an easy basket in the paint.

Check out my opponent here. After he wins the tip first thing he looks to do is attack the paint and dump the ball off to his center because he knows it's an easy two points.

It's really pathetic how clueless your teammates are on defense.
Literally every game I play now this happens haha. I've even done it... It's too hard to pass up sometimes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »