Home

Hyperbole in ratings...

This is a discussion on Hyperbole in ratings... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2015, 11:01 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Hyperbole in ratings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi
Ratings are too high, they don't use the lower end of the scale enough..... Diminishes the superstar impact.

I've seen teams win championships with just by being deep and having a bunch of low 80's which are too abundant.
The hornets won the chip in myleauge with a bunch of 80s and 70s

Sent from a stoner in New Orleans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2015, 11:10 AM   #42
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Slightly off topic but who do you guys recommend for custom rosters? I want to see the gameplay changes when tendencies are actually touched.
On X1 SimWorld they are hoping to get it out soon. I think they are aiming for Christmas release date.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:49 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagger Jack
He shot 3 mid range jumpers in the timestamp that I posted but ok, guess we aren't doing reading comprehension today...
Close Shot =/= Mid-Range Shot

Quote:
And at the time of the OP I'm pretty sure he had had 4 straight 20 point games...pretty dominant for a rookie (haven't seen any of the other rookies do that but ok)
22 PPG on 19 FGA isn't dominant, particularly when the player is bringing nothing else to the table.

Quote:
and tbh anyone that thinks KAT or KP would change the Sixers record doesn't know basketball.
Good luck finding anyone who agrees that opinion.

It's obvious either player would be a significantly better fit next to Nerlens Noel simply due to spacing, much less the defense and rebounding either would provide.

Nevermind that the Knicks and Wolves are significantly better than last year due to the contributions of said players, while the Sixers had FOUR times as many wins this time last year.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters

Last edited by Real2KInsider; 12-21-2015 at 11:52 AM.
Old 12-21-2015, 12:59 PM   #44
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi

22 PPG on 19 FGA isn't dominant, particularly when the player is bringing nothing else to the table.

It's obvious either player would be a significantly better fit next to Nerlens Noel simply due to spacing, much less the defense and rebounding either would provide.

Nevermind that the Knicks and Wolves are significantly better than last year due to the contributions of said players, while the Sixers had FOUR times as many wins this time last year.

bruh. come on. the knicks and wolves have better pieces as a whole. they have go-to offensive players. knockdown shooters, actual offensive systems, somewhat of a bench. the 76ers have none of this. only dropping KAT or KP into this setup still isnt going to change the teams outcome much more than whats going on now. the 76ers are just trash
Old 12-21-2015, 01:24 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by phriscaul
bruh. come on. the knicks and wolves have better pieces as a whole. they have go-to offensive players. knockdown shooters, actual offensive systems, somewhat of a bench. the 76ers have none of this. only dropping KAT or KP into this setup still isnt going to change the teams outcome much more than whats going on now. the 76ers are just trash
Porzingis is the 2nd best player on a 14-14 Knicks team (5-25 this time last year).

Towns is the best player on a 11-16 Wolves team (5-21 this time last year).

Okafor is the best player on a 1-28 Sixers team (4-26 this time last year).
Their offense still ranks 30th, but the defense has gone from 13th to 26th.

Porzingis/Noel
Towns/Noel
Noel/Okafor

Anyone who thinks either player would have as negative an impact on the defense (the reason PHI was ever able to squeeze out wins despite their lack of talent) as Okafor has had is straight up lying.

Never mind the hilarity in arguing a player on a 1-28 team should go up in rating. The numbers are crystal clear from multiple angles that Okafor is far from "dominant".
http://youtube.com/real2krosters

Last edited by Real2KInsider; 12-21-2015 at 01:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2015, 01:55 PM   #46
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

I have to say... there are other ratings in play when it comes to certain ratings. I saw the OP compare Dirk and Porzingis. Offensive consistent has a lot to do with it.
Old 12-21-2015, 02:49 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by phriscaul
Yea gotta agree that's probably going to go down as the dumbest thing I've seen all day. When you talk about Towns who has Rubio dishing, has Lavine to kick out to, has Wiggins to kick out to, has GARNETT as a mentor, has PRINCE on the wing...I mean he is free to do WHATEVER he wants with the opposing team paying him virtually no attention...

Move over to Porzingis again, you got Melo, you have Calderon, you have AFFLALO I mean is anyone Triple-teaming Porzingis? With Melo on the court? (I guess I shouldn't expect you to know the answer to that question because clearly you'd rather stare at a stat sheet than watch a basketball game but I digress).

Okafor is the only player who is facing double and triple teams night in and night out, he has a MUCH heavier load to carry and again (reading comprehension ftw) COMPARED TO THE OTHER ROOKIES Okafor is still dominating...and I mean have you seen Nerlens? He's terrible, and anyone that thinks Towns or Porzingis would change that just doesn't know basketball tbh.

Here's some gameplay footage from the sport you clearly don't watch.

But Porzingis is better right?
Old 12-21-2015, 05:26 PM   #48
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

I don't know how else to put this, Okafor is not as good as KAT or The Porzingod.

Yes Okafor is a beast on offense, there are very few players who can stop him one-on-one. But in every other aspect of the game, Okafor is a -. He is basically a doormat on defense, is a poor rebounder for his size, and it seems like he can be a problem off the court.

Off Rating: 87.3
Def Rating: 107.0
Net Rating: -19.7

The Sixers as a team have a -13.4 net rating, which means that the team is worse when Okafor is on the floor. Meanwhile, Porzingis has a NetRTG of 1.7 and KAT has a NetRTG of -1.7.

Players with a better NetRTG than Okafor:
  • Drew Gooden
  • Montrezl Harrell
  • Nerlens Noel
  • Kobe Bryant

That list is not a good one for Okafor. He is very talented offensively and definitely more polished than Porzingis or Anthony-Towns, but if you look at his game as a whole, he is not as good as either.

2K18 Sliders:https://forums.operationsports.com/f...n-sliders.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »