Home

NBA 2K16 Is the King, Has Only Gotten Better

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Is the King, Has Only Gotten Better within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2015, 06:02 PM   #17
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K16 Is the King, Has Only Gotten Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
After a rough breakup with 2K15 last year, I have to say they really did a great job with 2K16. I have had a lot of fun playing it all year and have little doubt I will continue to enjoy it. It's the most fun I've had on and offline in a long while.

A YT'er brought up a good point yesterday. I think sometimes it's easy to get caught up talking about flaws and what's wrong with the game...you could probably go into replay and find things wrong every couple possessions...but I refuse to...just going to continue to enjoy the game and give feedback where's it's due...

Good job this year fellas...
And the sky is the limit with the team 2k has put together, when you listen to Da-Czar and OG they have not even scratch the surface with how they want to game to play.
Old 12-19-2015, 06:19 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 19
I dont know if there is a difference between the pc version and the console version, but I have to kind of disagree so far.
The things that frustrate me in 2k16 were done so much better in 2k15.
IMO, responsiveness, smart Ai defense, better positioning for rebounds, and on ball defense were done much better in 2k15. in addition fouls were better represented in 2k15. I have yet to play a game in 2k16 were my time has yet to reach a bonus situation. fouls do not matter in 2k16, and fouls, adn player management is a key part of basketball.
2k16 looks better, and I do like the game, but Im back to playing 2k15 because of these littel nuances that are missing in 2k16.
the stats lines werer better in 2k15 also. and that is because teams had better pacing
Ill have to give 2k16 soem more time post patch. before I give it the title of GOAT
Old 12-19-2015, 08:00 PM   #19
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
2K16 is like a beautiful chick with big boobs, great personality and smart too, not to mention an *** so fat it'll make you wanna slap your own mother to get a taste.

Everything about this chick is perfect except she has chronic bad breath. I mean her breath is so bad it would make a kitten commit suicide. Sure you can give her some breath mints but the smell will be right back in a few hours.

That's how I feel when I play 2K16. Everything is great but in this case 2K16s bad breath is the bad ai defense. I mean the transitional D, the help defense, the lack of awareness when getting back on D. Those are really my only issues with an otherwise perfect game.

Thats a great way to put it, and basically how I feel about NBA2k16. There was a time when the defense from the AI and your on ball D felt really good, but now not so much. Plus being a offline player and only caring about My League and My GM and having them constantly overlooked each year with even some of the same bugs as years before kind of ruin the game for me.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 12-19-2015, 08:07 PM   #20
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Game is really really good. One of the best console sports game simulations I have ever played.

It's right there with MLB The Show 15 for me in terms of amazing life like gameplay.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 12-19-2015, 10:48 PM   #21
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Agreed. The game is not without its flaws. But it is a gem. I think that's what so maddening at times. It is sooo close to perfection for me that every little thing that's "off" stands out. There aren't many in my book. That's a tremendous compliment to the team. Whenever I get me some gaming time 2K is first on the docket. Great job, fellas!!
Perfectly said. It's almost like 2k isn't competing with other sports games when it comes to realism, it's competing with real life.

I also agree about 2k being first choice when I have the gaming time. I almost feel guilty for playing 2K as much as I do. I have other games I haven't beat yet (witcher 3 and fallout 4) nut when I have the time to play a game it is hard to talk myself out of playing 2k. There are times I feel like I need to force myself to play other games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2015, 10:57 PM   #22
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
After a rough breakup with 2K15 last year, I have to say they really did a great job with 2K16. I have had a lot of fun playing it all year and have little doubt I will continue to enjoy it. It's the most fun I've had on and offline in a long while.

A YT'er brought up a good point yesterday. I think sometimes it's easy to get caught up talking about flaws and what's wrong with the game...you could probably go into replay and find things wrong every couple possessions...but I refuse to...just going to continue to enjoy the game and give feedback where's it's due...

Good job this year fellas...
Great point about the flaws. Every game, even the great ones, are going to have flaws. it can be easy to get caught up with the negatives and focus on them but at the end of the day nothing is going to be perfect. There are definitely instances where a games issues can ruin the experience but this game is one of those situations where you need to sit back and enjoy all the positives because they definitely outweigh negatives.
Old 12-19-2015, 11:08 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Disagree. Including Nfl 2k5 but a quality game.
Old 12-20-2015, 05:01 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 12
I love this game!

Great job 2K.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »