Home

NBA 2K16 Is the King, Has Only Gotten Better

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Is the King, Has Only Gotten Better within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2015, 05:03 PM   #33
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K16 Is the King, Has Only Gotten Better

The trend in gaming is towards always online and away from total customisation.

Im thankful I can play a Myleague, which is essentially a sandbox and control everything how I want it.
Old 12-20-2015, 05:14 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

the game is decent at best i wouldn't call it the best sport game.i only play my career so that might be why i think so.they take away so many customization for my player each year even colours on sleeves they have removed.atleast my career mode is getting worse by the year.the story this year was so terrible
Old 12-21-2015, 11:17 AM   #35
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

One thing that I think somehow (and rather remarkably) goes almost under-appreciated/under-discussed is how ridiculously good the presentation is in this series. There isn't anything on the sports gaming market (now or ever, including NFL 2K5) that comes even close. The pre-game show, half-time show, post-game show, the studio "interviews" after the second quarter, the advertisements for upcoming games, the graphical overlays for holiday events, the commentary, all of the in-stadium stuff like the cheerleaders and mascots and the crowds... I could go on and on.

I took the last couple of years off from the series and have played only Madden and The Show religiously during that time. Don't get me wrong, I love both series (Madden 16 has been a huge step forward), and The Show's gameplay is always top notch. But playing this title? Wow. Jaw-dropingly wow. These other sports titles need to step up their game. Big time. It's almost embarrassing how poorly they perform in this department in comparison.

I'm so, so glad I decided to make the purchase this year.

BTW, the ability to play six minute quarters but have the stats sim as if I played a full-length game? Um... amazing! Talk about another feature other titles should adopt immediately. Huge for the little amount of time I have to play videogames in a given week.

Last edited by DickDalewood; 12-21-2015 at 02:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2015, 01:02 PM   #36
Rookie

College Hoops 2K8 i was still paying into 2013

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Old 12-21-2015, 01:07 PM   #37
Banned

16 is great, but i still feel 2k chooses style and cosmetics over substance.
Old 12-21-2015, 02:08 PM   #38
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

Honestly this game for me is perfect. Anything added in NBA 2k17 will just be icing on the cake for me.

The only big things for me for next year is:

1. Those darn Generated Rookie Classes need to be overhauled. The way the game generates the rookie's looks, measurements, skills, tendencies, and sig styles are just poor.

2. CPU Trades and CPU roster building. It's still far too easy to game the CPU in MyGM/MyLeague.

Everything else is top quality.

p.s. the NBA Live series should crawl into a hole and mercy kill itself. It will take them half a decade to even attempt to catch up to 2K
Old 12-21-2015, 02:44 PM   #39
Just started!

Add me on psn looking for head to head play
JUVExBExTREED
HOF SIM ball allday.
Old 12-21-2015, 03:08 PM   #40
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Agreed. The game is not without its flaws. But it is a gem. I think that's what so maddening at times. It is sooo close to perfection for me that every little thing that's "off" stands out. There aren't many in my book. That's a tremendous compliment to the team. Whenever I get me some gaming time 2K is first on the docket. Great job, fellas!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
You hit the nail on the head. The game is so good it makes the flaws stand out even more. Things like players shooting through the backboard, passing & dribbling through players bodies, CPU ball handlers not protecting the ball when dribbling in the proximity of a defender, hands morphing through balls on steal attempts, getting stuck in animations, etc... all stick out like a sore thumb. That said, 2K16 is the deepest sports game ever made. If they can clean up their legacy flaws next year then look out!
After the last patch and with slider adjustments the game is so tantalizingly close that it causes a little pain in my heart when defenders for both teams just wander into the paint leaving a wide open corner 3, or bigs in the paint won't body up their man until he's shooting and then the hammer him to the ground on a bail out foul, et, al. So close, but now for me it is more fun than frustrating, when the opposite was true before.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »