Home

Four patches later, the CPU still can't defend the pick-and-roll/fade (video inside)

This is a discussion on Four patches later, the CPU still can't defend the pick-and-roll/fade (video inside) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2015, 04:49 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Four patches later, the CPU still can't defend the pick-and-roll/fade (video ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Has anyone actually noticed a difference in their defense when they set "Pre Rotate" to yes in the Defensive Settings menu in game?

I set it to yes but I still feel like I'm not seeing much difference with it on or off.
Huge difference man, but it depends who you pre-rotate off.I usually pre-rotate off either the PF or the Center, usually whoever is the worst rebounder. Now I get tons of steals like the A.I used to do to me when I spammed pick and rolls, plus if a defender blows by me, I know either the center of PF will challenge them at the rim and (usually) get a block.
Old 12-21-2015, 02:39 AM   #10
Rookie

Thumbs down Re: Four patches later, the CPU still can't defend the pick-and-roll/fade (video insi

Seriously I can use fast players to blow by anyone straight to the paint. If they full court press me I still can do that. Same goes to pick in roll I can easily fight it through. Defense and offense is terrible from cpu side...
Old 12-21-2015, 06:31 PM   #11
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Re: Four patches later, the CPU still can't defend the pick-and-roll/fade (video insi

Besides on-ball defense everything in this game defensively is sub-par to downright awful. I won a championship in MyPlayer spamming nothing but pick and rolls every possession and this was on Hall of Fame. You really don't need any other play besides the pick and roll to win in this game and I'm talking all modes.

With how confident they were in boasting about the defensive improvements in those blogs they posted prior to launch they should be embarrassed with how garbage the defense turned out this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2015, 04:49 AM   #12
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

Re: Four patches later, the CPU still can't defend the pick-and-roll/fade (video insi

I fell that pick and roll was always garbage in previous games you called a pick do a hesitation and you free to go

This time if you increase jumpshoot gather and lower relase it will be better

Wysłane z mojego LG-H525n przy użyciu Tapatalka

Bigs can cover to much ground on defense(they are too fast)

Late contest on laups matter too much.

Random blocks doing pumpfakes.

Leaning shots for guys who have catch and shoot badge should be removed.

Last edited by Thetruth9012; 12-22-2015 at 04:55 AM.
Old 01-01-2016, 05:08 PM   #13
MVP

Nobody's figured out anything that can be done to increase the AI's ability to defend a big man popping out after a screen?
Old 01-01-2016, 05:25 PM   #14
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

Learn how your opponent plays, play on-ball to predict denying of picks or rotations. IDK how some of you guys are having a hard time with this, I've never had a problem. Complain about cheesy tactics that are nearly impossible to defend not something which requires more skill. Sometimes you guys want the CPU to do all the work so you can continue playing off-ball controlling your center.
Old 01-01-2016, 05:27 PM   #15
MVP

I'm talking about playing against the CPU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2016, 06:38 PM   #16
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
I'm talking about playing against the CPU
Pick and roll is so much harder this year, what with all the auto hesis and warping D. Pick and fade is much easier this year though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »