Home

People truly think 1v1 proves 'skill' in 2k

This is a discussion on People truly think 1v1 proves 'skill' in 2k within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2015, 07:12 PM   #33
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: People truly think 1v1 proves 'skill' in 2k

Crazy, if I cared at all about MyPlayer, or the Park, or Pro-Am, I'd sure as hell buy VC too. I work 40+ hours a week, and have an 9 month old son at home, do I REALLY have time to "grind" and play this game all kinds of hours a day, just to get VC and bump my attributes?

HELL no, I'd buy the required amount of VC as well if all I cared about was the Park and Pro-Am. You "grind" people are nuts if you think most people have the time to do that.
Old 12-24-2015, 07:38 PM   #34
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth
You act like playing 25 games to get the same amount of vc proves some kind of skill...

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk
Not really. The same could be said for that, I was just using the VC as an example.

Did I offend you? You're getting awfully emotional. Do you pay for VC?
Old 12-24-2015, 11:46 PM   #35
Pro

dnyce87's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm just going to quickly chime in here from experience. I will start by saying that it doesn't matter whether someone obtains a max my player by paying or grinding.

Now onto my point: I preordered the jordan hard copy and got 35k VC. Created a 6'5 PG (before I really knew about CAPS and attribute limitations). After using that VC, I think my guy ended up around a 62 overall or something like that. I spent most on athletic and defense category.

I have enjoyed the game of basketball in real life and still play till this day. Knowing a lot about the game of basketball and being a 2k gamer for many years, that alone was enough for me to be able to compete with the 88 overalls from the launch date.

Stick skills will overdue the casual gamer who will glitch, cheat, and pay their way to a better my player. Now for those who have stick skills and pay their way in the game that is another story. I am only talking about the players who don't take time to learn the game and expect to be god like paying, cheating, and glitching their way to the top.

I couldn't tell u how many 88 overall players there were at launch while I was playing at the park with a 62 overall. Dudes would probably laugh when they saw their matchup was a 62 overall compared to their 88, but I held my own against them and would win most of the time playing smart and to my strengths while they thought they could just cheese their way to a win.

To wrap it up, let's not get so bent up with who pays for what and focus on just kicking their derriere when it's game time. Same thing happens in ProAm too. A lot of 99 overall players that try to cheese their way and have no IQ for the game of 2k basketball. If you play to your strengths and play smart basketball that is the best basketball to play and the outcome is almost always in your favor.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2015, 11:33 AM   #36
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

People who ACTUALLY play the modes know that you can't buy your way into being unstoppable...

Just another cliched complaint people hang onto...
Old 12-25-2015, 05:21 PM   #37
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
What's even funnier is, when they do all of that and lose, they try to blame their teammates for the loss, even though they may have touched the ball twice the entire game at best.

...although, I won't lie, when I start seeing the ballhogging, I purposely do stuff to cost us the game after my patience has worn out. Willing to bet they care far more about Park rep and W/L Park records than I do.
Pretty sure that's why I'm maxed out on friend requests. When you legitimatelypass up a sketchy lay up or shot for a better look. You don't force shots and you generally try to make your team better. Worth your weight in gold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
People who ACTUALLY play the modes know that you can't buy your way into being unstoppable...

Just another cliched complaint people hang onto...
This. Scrubs are scrubs. I refer to the new wave of 99ovr legends as "Kids who have Ferraris, that don't know how to drive them". It's pathetic, really

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight

Last edited by ViolenceFight; 12-25-2015 at 05:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »