Home

Ideas to deter quiting in Pro-Am

This is a discussion on Ideas to deter quiting in Pro-Am within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2015, 02:17 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Ideas to deter quiting in Pro-Am

I kno everyone that plays this mode is sick and tired of quitters. So I just thought of ( ideas

Idea 1. Have a system for every quit your ratings take a temporary reduction for X amount of games. The more u quit. The longer reduction time is.

Idea 2. U can quit once. But Quit twice in the same day. U barred for the day

Idea 3. Accumulative quit total. Puts u in a quitter lobby. Pretty just match makes u with other quitters.

Out of my 50plus pro am games. Maybe 3 or 4 times both teams finished with 5 smh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2015, 02:19 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Ideas to deter quiting in Pro-Am

Castration. Would put a stop to it instantly.
Old 11-23-2015, 02:21 PM   #3
Pro

Hopsin's Arena

After the patch, I'm fine with the quitting. The game immediately ends and we get our W, and VC. They also get barred from playing for a little while after 2 quits.
Old 11-23-2015, 02:27 PM   #4
Pro

It's out of hand. I just played a game. My matchup was a rated 55 sg (I'm 89) we were the only ones left with 3mins left in the 3rd. I thought he would quit. So intead of locking him up like I been doing (he was 2-12 at that point) I just backed off and let him shoot uncontested 3's. I wanted my VC. We finished the game. And i had my career high of 36. sh*t felt cheap. 2k gotta find a system to deter this man

Last edited by Quentin32; 11-23-2015 at 02:36 PM.
Old 11-23-2015, 02:29 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopsin
After the patch, I'm fine with the quitting. The game immediately ends and we get our W, and VC. They also get barred from playing for a little while after 2 quits.
That's cool. But if 4/5 of the team quits. The game goes on. I play this mode to play humans not cpu
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2015, 02:30 PM   #6
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

Quote:
I'm on X1 so I'm curious. What happens if you go into a ProAm game and one of your users is unable to make the jump? The other 4 quit so we can all play together in the next game. Have you been able to test whether you're locked out of playing?
Old 11-23-2015, 03:09 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
You're thinking of arena Pro-Am. Walk-on is a completely different beast. That pathetic timer after two or more quits doesn't deter anything. 15-20 seconds? That's enough time to go change a jumpshot or size-up.

My suggestion:

1 quit: Nothing
2 quits: 5 minute timer
3 quits: 10 minute timer

And double the timer for every quit thereafter. Reset the timer every 24 hours. It's simple, and reasonably punishes quitters.
Old 11-23-2015, 03:24 PM   #8
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

Funny thing is i lost a game last night on my center because everyone but the SF that was running the 5 quit. My team was all there but no one would step up on him when he kept pulling me out of the paint.

Most people who play that mode don't know real hoops, that's my problem. If he wants to play outside, someone should switch and let one of the Bummy computers Try and board on me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »