Home

Old 12-23-2015, 05:53 PM   #1
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15
Poe

Can someone explain poe's in offense during freelance? Ex: I figured if I was in a 4-1 freelance motion cuts set and called pick and roll as Poe, shouldn't that make most actions pick and rolls? It seems to me that no matter what my Poe is set to they still run the same reg freelance actions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2015, 08:41 PM   #2
Pro

JoFri's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Poe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
Can someone explain poe's in offense during freelance? Ex: I figured if I was in a 4-1 freelance motion cuts set and called pick and roll as Poe, shouldn't that make most actions pick and rolls? It seems to me that no matter what my Poe is set to they still run the same reg freelance actions.

i'm not 100% sure, i believe poe offense could be one of the deciding factors when running freelance > freelance. in that mode, cpu will so-call randomly pick a play from yor playbook. so say if i select "play through Durant", then the plays will be mostly called for Durant in the playbook.
as we know, the playbook has different types of play eg pnr point, post up low/high etc. so if select "pnr" in Poe, then cpu probably chooses those pnr plays and randomly assign to the player. i think the player tendency here plays a part. i rem in 2K13 has one tendency call "touches" that dictates how frequent the plays are called for that player. now in 2K16 not sure if it is still term the same.
imo, Poe offense dont really have an impact on freelance motion. i'm using the triangle and i can put "play through Durant" as my Poe. but i dont see necessarily KD going to the spot where i want him to be bcos freelance motion cuts plays are dynamically reactive according to where the players are to trigger a different action. everybody has an equal chance to score. for me, i put Poe offense on auto and mingle the rest. this is for the triangle, but i do think this concept applies to the rest like swing, warriors.

hope this makes sense. do correct me if so.
Old 12-24-2015, 12:00 AM   #3
Rookie

Ace2734's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Poe

Thought this post was gonna be about Poe Dameron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »