Home

Random Input Lag during online play?

This is a discussion on Random Input Lag during online play? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2015, 01:34 PM   #49
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Random Input Lag during online play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
Anyone seeing any improvement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My experience has been perfect minus the dropped connection this morning...
Old 12-28-2015, 03:51 PM   #50
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

Here are some of the momentum shift things I mentioned, things we have absolutely no control over.

https://vid.me/Pjq7
Old 12-28-2015, 04:58 PM   #51
Rookie

eltyboogie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy59
Here are some of the momentum shift things I mentioned, things we have absolutely no control over.

lmao
the worst is when a player takes a charge and somehow strips you at the same time
Also for some reason i have players try to set picks while im posted up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2015, 06:21 PM   #52
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy59

1) Contested shots will sometimes go in, and sometimes they won't. No sure of the argument there. Kawhi Leonard was already in the act of shooting, before Gibson started to jump. Plus, Kawhi has the Deadeye Badge and has 92 M3PT/92 S3PT ratings.

2) I have played many games, and I have never seen my players attempt to set screens in the paint when I called for it. I have nothing for that one. That's a genuine gameplay glitch.

3) As for the Taj Gibson and Derrick Rose passes....slow down. Watching the video in general, I feel that you playing the game too fast and pressing buttons without giving thought to the situation. I would recommend icon passing or learning how to use the lob and bounce passes that's available to you.

4) As for the steal by #12...I hate that steal as much as the next person. It always look like a good pass, but I swear it gets stolen more than it should. Every time I do it, I beat myself over the head, because I feel like I should know better by now. In those situations, you're better off with the bounce pass.

5) As for the pass attempt to Melo, it looks you moved the stick and changed your intended receiver at the last moment. Personally, I would have backed out of that crowded space and reset the offense due to the three defenders being in my immediate area. However, what are you doing on offense? Your floor spacing on offense is horrible. Maybe you should change your freelance offense to maintain your spacing? Also, why are you putting the ball on the floor with Pau Gasol at the top of the 3PT line? Paul Gasol should be part of a developing play from that position, and not putting the ball on the floor like he's a perimeter player.

6) Ibaka being open...Da Czar has an excellent YouTube video on the art of passing. Pointing your stick at your intended target then pressing the pass button can be really touchy at times. Honestly, I'm really surprised that the ball wasn't stolen. The only time I use directional passing is when I'm swinging the ball around the perimeter, so I can save some button presses (I use icon passing).

7) Teleporting...known glitch. Doesn't happen all the time, but it can be annoying at times.
Old 12-29-2015, 02:04 PM   #53
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

Video of what we're talking about

Now imagine trying to do anything in game when every button input is delayed by a second
Old 12-29-2015, 03:15 PM   #54
Banned

Cranny's Arena

The first time input lag happened to me was actually due to my tv. I changed it to game setting and turned every advanced setting off. That helped. I also changed tv's just to see and that was what it was. Now today all of a sudden I started lagging, my tv responded a second slower but I knew it wasn't the tv because I have still been using the TV I tested my first theory with. This only happens on play now online for me. Any other online mode it doesn't happen
Old 12-29-2015, 03:31 PM   #55
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
Video of what we're talking about

Now imagine trying to do anything in game when every button input is delayed by a second
That one's not momentum based, not quite sure what to tell you there as that doesn't happen to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2015, 03:39 PM   #56
Rookie

Do you have game mode on your tv?

Some TV's like mine have that option. Make sure to turn it on when playing. If not you will get 1-2 second lag.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »