Home

Ways to Cut Down AI Scoring Since Latest Patch?

This is a discussion on Ways to Cut Down AI Scoring Since Latest Patch? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-25-2015, 03:37 PM   #1
Pro

torpidbeaver's Arena

OVR: 2
Ways to Cut Down AI Scoring Since Latest Patch?

Before the previous (two?) patch(es?), I was getting a much wider scoring spread. Some games I'd win or lose 96-81, while others ended in the 115-108 range.

Lately, I haven't seen a single score under 100. I feel like it's partly the fault of my AI teammates' seemingly decreased ability to play on- and off-ball defense, which leads to more open shots and drives to the hoop, which leads to more scoring.

I also suspect that my previous numbers were influenced by a lack of fouls, and once I corrected that, I'm seeing more foul shots (and thus, more scoring).

I'm walking up the ball whenever appropriate, and sometimes when it's not. I'm running plays, playing okay defense, and unfortunately always looking to help protect the rim when the AI inevitably gets past my defenders. Still, I'm generally screaming into the 4th quarter with nothing but scores in the 80s.

Are there things I can tweak to make the computer run more plays? They have been shooting very early in the shot clock, very often.

I know I can try to play better defense, and I know my lack of stick skills contributes to this score-splosion, but if there are any sliders I can tweak, I'd appreciate some guidance.

Edit: Sorry, it shouldn't go unnoted that I'm playing MyLeague with Minnesota, who aren't exactly defensive powerhouses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2015, 05:05 PM   #2
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Ways to Cut Down AI Scoring Since Latest Patch?

Playing 12 minute quarters? I only play NBA today games and I swear each game by the 5-6 minute mark the score would be by 16. No variety in scoring whatsoever...I'm getting bored....sigh...

I'm giving up on 2k's official rosters and am now looking at some custom rosters. Need those tendencies changes since 2k barely changes them.....I don't exactly know what kind of position Beds has for the company but I wanted the type of roster that changed the game on the PS3 years.

Since I also have the xbone version I'm waiting on Simworlds roster....the vids showed shows a lot of promise and actually got me excited for playing against the cpu again.
Old 12-25-2015, 06:00 PM   #3
Pro

torpidbeaver's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Ways to Cut Down AI Scoring Since Latest Patch?

Yeah, 12 minute quarters.

I guess taking it down to 11 minutes would work. But I'd prefer to play the full 48 minutes as I'm something of a traditionalist and statistic watcher.

Now that you mention it, I have been feeling like my games have been playing sorta "same-y" lately. I chalked it up to small sample size, but the scoring and quick possessions are adding up.

I wonder if editing coaches' default points of emphasis would help? But I'm already 25 games into my third MyLeague reset, and I don't think I can survive another restart.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »