Home

Does anybody see any difference in the POE settings?

This is a discussion on Does anybody see any difference in the POE settings? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2015, 06:55 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Does anybody see any difference in the POE settings?

the thing is you really have to adjust the individual assignments for each individual player in the gameplan menu.

you have to know your opponents tendencies. its not a one size fits all. and you also have to make these adjustments throughout the game.

leaving defensive settings on auto really affect the game play, especially if you play sim mode on the higher settings.

if you have players with low defensive awareness you really have to make the adjustments. leaving settings on auto will hurt you

there's these defensive tutorials on youtube by this guy Sam Pham. check them out. it makes a world of difference.

I thought defense was broken until I stumbled across his videos.
Old 12-26-2015, 06:56 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

Manual defensive adjustments. Tight deny on all 3 point shooters. Only way to semi stop drive and pop and bad help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-26-2015, 07:52 PM   #11
Rookie

No matter what kind of POE and defensive adjustments I make, I see the same issues: wide open lane, and wide open shooters. When I pick 'protect the paint' I actually notice the lane being more wide open, as if the game is giving me a big middle finger... I really want to like this game. I mean, I spent $60 on it, which for me isn't a small amount, but of the four major sports games (NBA2K, Madden, NHL and MLB: The Show), I have, by far, the least amount of fun playing NBA 2K.

Last edited by sportsgamer5761; 12-26-2015 at 07:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2015, 08:05 PM   #12
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Yeah. The only thing i don't notice a difference in is the offensive tempo and the rebounding settings on offense.
Old 12-26-2015, 09:06 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamer5761
No matter what kind of POE and defensive adjustments I make, I see the same issues: wide open lane, and wide open shooters. When I pick 'protect the paint' I actually notice the lane being more wide open, as if the game is giving me a big middle finger... I really want to like this game. I mean, I spent $60 on it, which for me isn't a small amount, but of the four major sports games (NBA2K, Madden, NHL and MLB: The Show), I have, by far, the least amount of fun playing NBA 2K.
I was like you at first. you have to do the individual assignments under gameplan. its a world of difference. and again look for Sam Pham defensive strategy videos on you tube.

if you play on sim, remember sim means sim, you have to control and adjust for everything.
Old 12-27-2015, 12:45 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
I was like you at first. you have to do the individual assignments under gameplan. its a world of difference. and again look for Sam Pham defensive strategy videos on you tube.

if you play on sim, remember sim means sim, you have to control and adjust for everything.
Thanks for the tip. I actually have checked out some of his stuff, and I think that's why I'm so frustrated. His strategies obviously work for him and others, but I still get blown by like I'm standing in concrete, no matter what combinations I use or POEs I select. I guess it's probably just time to stop playing this game. It's really just not worth the trouble...
Old 12-27-2015, 11:26 AM   #15
Rookie

I definitely see a difference . for instance if I put my poe on "protect the paint without changing my defensive settings to "play tight off ball" my defenders will help off the wing to help in the paint. If I have it on "limit perimeter shots" they'll do it to a degree . but usually I set off defense to plat tight if I won't them to really stick and not help out. When I put my tempo, I kinda do notice my players sprinting faster to get ready for a play or fast break. When I have it on patience offense , my players do take longer getting set and ready. Same with offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2015, 02:26 PM   #16
MVP

another way to control tempo is for you to control tempo. slow the game down with your play style.
even if it means dribbling for 20 seconds and limiting your own shot attempts.

dont let the cpu team force you out of your comfort zone.

I like half court ball, I run plays etc. I try to control the tempo as much as possible.
stick with it and youll get the hang of it.

or play on rookie or pro level til you get the hang of it.
my settings are on pro, they have been since 2k9. pro provides more than an enough challenge for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »