Home

SUGGESTION: Let us regress our MyPlayer and re-earn to re-build

This is a discussion on SUGGESTION: Let us regress our MyPlayer and re-earn to re-build within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2015, 10:03 PM   #9
Rookie

BeerPoisoning's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: SUGGESTION: Let us regress our MyPlayer and re-earn to re-build

If that were allowed, I'm requesting a position change too. I'm a prolific rebounder in this game and why the heck I chose to play PG this year instead blows my mind. I absolutely hate it. I put too much time and money into this PG to start over though.

Back to the topic, I'm not against your idea but it's not like 2K blindfolded you and asked you to upgrade random attributes. Each column clearly lists what skills will be modified.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:50 PM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadzier
This is needed solely for players who were foolish enough to spend points in rebounding.

You can get a decent amount of rebounds with 0 skill investment by just timing the jump button properly.
Whats a decent amount? I got 27 rebounds in my last pro am game but i was foolish enough to out points there.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2015, 11:56 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth
Whats a decent amount? I got 27 rebounds in my last pro am game but i was foolish enough to out points there.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk
that's a ridiculously high amount, but that doesn't surprise me since you put points there.

I'm talking like a 6'3" point guard getting 5 rebounds a game, which is what I do on superstar sim. Or a 7 foot center averaging double figures. All without a single point investment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2015, 02:48 AM   #12
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerPoisoning
If that were allowed, I'm requesting a position change too. I'm a prolific rebounder in this game and why the heck I chose to play PG this year instead blows my mind. I absolutely hate it. I put too much time and money into this PG to start over though.

Back to the topic, I'm not against your idea but it's not like 2K blindfolded you and asked you to upgrade random attributes. Each column clearly lists what skills will be modified.
This is what I was trying to say. You know what each column ups. I know what I wanted to do, and upped attributes accordingly.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 12-30-2015, 09:13 PM   #13
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

100% agree with this, I too, put point in rebounding as. 6'4 guard, wish I would have put them elsewhere. With the vc it costs, you would think they would allow you to do what you want with the points.
Old 12-31-2015, 12:55 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadzier
This is needed solely for players who were foolish enough to spend points in rebounding.

You can get a decent amount of rebounds with 0 skill investment by just timing the jump button properly.
Not necessarily, me for example. My first Myplayer was a 6'8 Outside Scoring, which I maxed out his Inside Scoring to counterbalance. Turns out even maxed out, it's like a 60 something. I'd love to have that back, because even maxed out, with the littlest contact I'm missing layups.
Old 12-31-2015, 05:43 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
A lot of it is just not knowing a lot about the game in general. You don't know what type of playstyle will suit you best until you have logged in a decent amount of time.

And then there are dumb mistakes - I never noticed I had a limited amount of blocks until there were only like 4 left.

I put skill into certain things that I find myself never using and would like to put it into other stuff I use more often, but I didn't realize that when I was making my MyPlayer
I see what both of you are saying. I think the attributes are clearly laid out but you learn more about the game and how you'll play it as you play it - especially according to the team you end up on. I'm a 6'0 PG and didn't spend anything on rebounding but I'd sacrifice a bar or 2 as a defender or inside scorer to increase my ball handling now that I know I'll probably dribble off someone's foot twice a game haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2015, 06:43 PM   #16
Rookie

I like the idea of backing out points to be able to put them somewhere else.

But if I had to choose, I prefer the idea of having all attribute items upgraded separately. Makes for more unique players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »