Home

The Next step for MyCareer

This is a discussion on The Next step for MyCareer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2015, 06:12 PM   #17
Pro

dnyce87's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Next step for MyCareer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellSKA
This was very well put together. Thank you.
My biggest take out of all of this, 'Upgrading Players'. Currently we have too many similar players with the current attribute bucket system. There needs to be an individualized finger print/ snow flake system that tailors to our play style. I've played with the same core group of friends since 2K13 and would love to be able to form my puzzle piece according to our needs. I'm currently unable to do that.
Check out the thread "Community Myplayer Playstyles" I've put in a lot of work and it's exactly what I believe we all want.
Old 12-30-2015, 01:27 AM   #18
Rookie

OP was spot on and I've had many of the same thoughts. Personally I really do like having a story & cutscenes in MyCareer but I'd like options and choices on what to say and do so everybodys story isn't the same. This year the story just felt like a cheap knockoff of He Got Game from Spike. And it's even worse that it ended after rookie year. I'd like cutscenes far into MyCareer so it doesn't get complacent. But I do get that some people don't want them so you should get an option of whether you want cutscenes & a story or just strictly gameplay, etc.

And another way to make everyone's story different is begin with options on the caliber of player you want to begin as and where from. Do you want to be a HS phenom & "the chosen one" like LeBron or an under the radar player who has to go to a mid major like and ball out like Steph Curry. Or the ability to choose any country to be from. And choose your hometown or at least give us some options of major cities instead of forcing NYC on us.

An NCAA football Road to Glory like system where you get to play your entire HS senior season would be really cool (although maybe not ENTIRE seasons since bball is longer). But playing key games against other top players in your class both in HS & AAU would be cool. And getting selected to all American games like McDonald's or Jordan Brand or Nike Hoop Summit where your performance impacts NBA stock (have a feature where you can moniter throughout career).

What you said about off seasons is something I've thought about a lot more after the improved off day feature. What they did with off days was great (although better rewards in connections would be nice) so it is ridiculous that the entire offseason is simulated and you just go season to season. So much happens in an NBA offseason! Both for a team and individually. Something I've always wanted to do in MC is have the ability to represent your country's national team in the Olympics or maybe even the FIBA World Cup when you get to the elite level of deserving to make the team. Another cool offseason option would be to play in a pro am like so many NBA players do. Like the Drew League, Seattle Pro Am, Chi Pro Am, etc. Or play in the NBA summer league if you haven't moved above that yet. If you just want to play NBA games? Great just skip these things. But I want to feel like I'm actually an NBA player and they are just scratching the surface.

I know this thing is really long but the MyCareer mode in 2k has SO much potential and I would love it if 2k started to maximize that potential.
Old 12-30-2015, 01:34 AM   #19
Pro

XxSpiritHunterX's Arena

This OP is everything we want and/or need for mycareer. Well-thought out too.

To add some things, it would be more of an emphasis on the high school part, or at least your senior year of HS. I think we should be able to customize a little bit in HS. I also want to see the re-introduction of player types and jumpshot editing (of course). Bring in a mix of the NBA 2k12 and 14 systems of upgrading your playing rather than buckets, but also being able to upgrade tendencies and downgrade attributes for returned VC/SP.

Last but not least, i think we need less of an emphasis on a storyline and more on bringing in a true on- and off-court experience that we saw small hints of in the past and with 16's off days. I also agree with the whole, choosing your own background over a story that probably takes much away from the features we've seen and took for granted over the last few years.

Visual Concepts, if you're reading this, we most definitely want our pleads implemented, or at least taken into account.

Sent from a network powered by a hamster and a wheel using Tapatalk
Old 12-30-2015, 02:43 PM   #20
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

Another thing that has bothered me since 2K10. Why is there no All Star MVP??? Every year I go into the All Star game expecting them to add this. It needs to be awarded after the game and put in our trophy shelf. It should be a career accolade as well.
Old 12-30-2015, 03:06 PM   #21
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

I think 2K should go back to the roots with MyCareer. Break it into two parts (like MyCareer/MyGM). Have one the old school way where you have to grind with no story mode. Maybe give you options (with no audio) on how to answer questions and stuff and have that affect your career. It's impossible to have once character that everyone relates to. Essentially, it would be MyCareer without the story. Then have the other be like what we has with Livin Da Dream. I personally enjoy the story element. But that isn't "My" Career, per se. It's just an interactive basketball story. And that's great for some people. I thought it was cool and enjoyed it for what it was. Don't see why we cant have both.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2015, 10:58 PM   #22
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO6IX
Another thing that has bothered me since 2K10. Why is there no All Star MVP??? Every year I go into the All Star game expecting them to add this. It needs to be awarded after the game and put in our trophy shelf. It should be a career accolade as well.

I honestly believe I have one on my trophy shelf lol. I think they did add it. After my first full season, if I remember correctly, after the ASG, that was my first trophy.

Sucks you can't actually press a button to view your trophies and also the plaques on the wall. Don't know how that wasn't added.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 12-30-2015, 11:53 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 4

I'd like to see things spread out over the course of ones career. Not everything happens in your first 2 years. A persons career has a ton of highlights. But this post was sport on!
Old 12-31-2015, 12:28 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchiggs
I'd like to see things spread out over the course of ones career. Not everything happens in your first 2 years. A persons career has a ton of highlights. But this post was sport on!
MyCareer up til now has been structured so that you instantly become ROTY and GOAT in less than 3 seasons lol.

That's why if/when we have D-League/HS/College hoops added, we can determine ourselves how much talent we'll have entering the draft. Up til now it's always been the story of a super rookie with 65 OVR that all scouts ignored, suddenly rising to become an all time great in 1-2 seasons, with 99 OVR.

IMO MyCareer attribute progress should be slower/independent of the actual games. Otherwise even with <70 OVR there's a huge incentive to ball hog, cheese and getting crazy stats in order to get enough points to upgrade attributes. And once you get to 99OVR, there's basically nothing left in MC.

You don't have enough attachment to care about the awards, the rings, nothing, because the pace is too quick. 20 games in you're already close to being the best at your position, 40 games in and you're the leading candidate for Allstar, all-NBA teams, MVP, most improved, ROTY. What's left?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »