Home

The Next step for MyCareer

This is a discussion on The Next step for MyCareer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2015, 12:41 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: The Next step for MyCareer

I'd say remove the pre-made story line all together, but make the actual play deeper. Like OP said, keep the high school, college games, bring back the D-League, let us choose our Agent, Summer League, etc.

Also, let us choose our play style. I think since 2k has done MyCareer it assumes you "want" to be the star. Some people would prefer to be a role player, or to come off the bench as a 6th man. Not everybody wants to be thrown into the spotlight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2015, 12:51 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 0

First thing should be making game 'harder' by that i mean let us feel real feeling how it's to be on NBA hardwood. If it's that easy to put up 30 pts every night i think everyone would do that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw
Old 12-31-2015, 01:18 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyClaxton
First thing should be making game 'harder' by that i mean let us feel real feeling how it's to be on NBA hardwood. If it's that easy to put up 30 pts every night i think everyone would do that
Progress is way too fast, and there's a big incentive to ball hog to get huge points.

IRL if you ballhog as a rookie, you'll probably get DNPs for the next few games, especially if you're a 65 OVR rookie. But right now you're heavily rewarded for such behaviors. You are heavily punished if you play the game the sim way, i.e. make the right reads, follow plays, do what you can. If you do only that, you'll at best achieve a B rating, along with very little VC.

But if you ball hog and put up monster statlines regardless of the situation, you'll end up with over a thousand VC, and an A+ rating.

Pretyt much everyone wants to improve quickly, so they choose to ballhog.
Old 12-31-2015, 01:26 PM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by trandoanhung1991
Progress is way too fast, and there's a big incentive to ball hog to get huge points.

IRL if you ballhog as a rookie, you'll probably get DNPs for the next few games, especially if you're a 65 OVR rookie. But right now you're heavily rewarded for such behaviors. You are heavily punished if you play the game the sim way, i.e. make the right reads, follow plays, do what you can. If you do only that, you'll at best achieve a B rating, along with very little VC.

But if you ball hog and put up monster statlines regardless of the situation, you'll end up with over a thousand VC, and an A+ rating.

Exactly plus the thing as a rookie you get a lot of playing team regardless of situation. Best example of that in reality is this year's OKC rookie Cameron Payne, a good 'true' point guard that hardly gets any minutes this season over Westbrook and DJ Augustin, which is also very logic move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw
Old 12-31-2015, 08:39 PM   #29
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO6IX
I'd like to see rewards for holding your matchup below their season averages. I swear we've been begging for years. Also, defensive coverages. Teammates would actually have to play defense for this to happen though. I wanna hear my player, coach a teammate yell "Ice" for example and have a screen show all our coverages for each player instead of us freestyling.

Real contract negotiations. I was disappointed in the whole "Accept, Decline, More money, More minutes" thing. Let us recruit and go through the whole process with our gms. Will I have to take a pay cut to recruit KD or LeBron? My player in 2K16 has a player option, LET ME OPT OUT! If I'm the superstar let me give suggestions on who to trade for or sign since the AI is clearly incompetent when it comes to team building. I end up with Biyombo and Cole Aldrich on almost every single MyCareer this year and the 2017 Warriors have Jeff Green and Larry Sanders at PF and C LOL.
Let us know what the roster will look like after signing. I remember I signed with the Blazers to join LeBron and next thing I know, I'm on a team with a bunch of generated players and LeBron flees.

I agree with you though, especially on having different career paths. No more Spike Lee
You do know 2k been shoehorning the my player path right? But lemme guess 2k can do no wrong right

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Old 12-31-2015, 08:41 PM   #30
MVP

I Djm's Arena

Im all for it as long as alternates come back and our teammates can actually play

Old 12-31-2015, 08:43 PM   #31
MVP

I Djm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trandoanhung1991

I get A+ playing the sim way but more times than not we are down 20 pts

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2015, 09:28 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Djm
I get A+ playing the sim way but more times than not we are down 20 pts

No way you're getting A+ just starting out at 65 OVR and 12 MPG. Especially if you rely on play calling and/or freelancing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »