Home

The Next step for MyCareer

This is a discussion on The Next step for MyCareer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2015, 09:29 PM   #33
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: The Next step for MyCareer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trandoanhung1991
No way you're getting A+ just starting out at 65 OVR and 12 MPG. Especially if you rely on play calling and/or freelancing.
Yea i do just rebounding get some steals n try not to let coast to the rim

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Old 12-31-2015, 11:42 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Djm
Yea i do just rebounding get some steals n try not to let coast to the rim

Do you play guard or forward?
Old 01-01-2016, 04:06 AM   #35
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by trandoanhung1991
Do you play guard or forward?
Shooting Guard

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2016, 05:08 AM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Djm
Shooting Guard

Interesting. Playing SG myself and can't get into position fast enough at the beginning to even attempt to get rebounds lol
Old 01-01-2016, 05:54 AM   #37
Rookie

SteveQ's Arena

I agree with this so much. For years now I've been wanting a new mycareer experience, one that's like the real NBA. The high school/college additions were great but with each came it's own problems. I don't mind playing at random high schools but as a proud Houstonian I really don't wanna be from virtual NY ever again. If possible I wish we could create our own 3 high schools and gyms, that'd be pretty cool. With the colleges I know they have limitations on what they can do so I just hope they can add a few more in there and get like an Elite 8 going or something. Now with the story aspect, I say if they add a story give us real options. They marketed it as #BeTheStory yet you can't do anything to change the path of where "your story" goes. Spike had already lost his touch a while ago and I just don't think he did this right. Respect to 2K for trying to go outside the box to entertain us but it's just not what the people actually wanted. Well most people, there are some who loved it but on OS and other places people weren't huge fans of it. To add to a so-so story they don't change the rating system which has been flawed since they brought it along last year. The best mycareer in my opinion were on 2K11 and 2K13 as those games not only had good gameplay but I felt as if I could make my character anything and have fun with it. That dynamic is gone now with this new ratings system and hopefully it's brought back. I have more but I want to end it right here as this is pretty lengthy already. This mode has been my most played mode since 2K10 and while I respect the lengths 2K goes through to deliver a mycareer experience, I think they lost the most important aspect: it's suppose to be MY career.
Old 01-02-2016, 01:11 AM   #38
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

Everything in op would make mycareer so much better especially for us offline users who don't play parks. Also please PLEASE let me choose my celebrations I hate this stupid freaking and vining crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2016, 01:26 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
NBA 2k's MyCareer mode is one of the best if not the best career mode in all of sports video games. While it's great it's not perfect here are some ideas that could help it take the next step.
So beautiful, I had tear in my eye. This would probably be the best MyCareer ever. Please separate MyCareer and MyPark. Those two should be different. Badges shouldn't transfer from MyCareer to MyPark. Seeing how people just cheese to get badges in MYcareer to use in MyPark is BS. Let those people earned those badges in MyPark. Allow Custom Rosters and Custom sliders in MyCareer. Sick and Tired of playing with these garbage 2k official rosters and garbage 2k simulation sliders. 2k Your roster sucks stop forcing us who want to play MyCareer to use your garbage broken rosters. We want Custom ROsters so we can enjoy the full potential of MyCareer. MyCareer should be able to use offline stop forcing us to go online to just to play MYCareer. Lets us have more control of what attribute we want to increase. This leveling up system is trash, I want to choose what attribute I want to increase.

Last edited by MeloJello; 01-02-2016 at 01:30 AM.
Old 01-02-2016, 10:49 PM   #40
MVP

zello144's Arena

I think the main thing that is holding back this mode well I don't want to use the term but "Casuals" with MyCareer being NBA 2k's most popular mode aside from us here not many players would want a more realistic simulation of what players go through in the NBA which sucks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »