Home

The Next step for MyCareer

This is a discussion on The Next step for MyCareer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2016, 04:36 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Next step for MyCareer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trandoanhung1991
IRL if you ballhog as a rookie, you'll probably get DNPs for the next few games, especially if you're a 65 OVR rookie.
Yea I call bull**** on this...go look at these rookie years. Lebron had 1492 FGA, most on his team 592 more than the next closest guy on his team. And 217 of those from 3, more than double the next closest guy on his team. And he only missed 3 games that season. And he was 4th in the league in FGA, 119 less than the league leader.
AI led the 6ers in FGA at 1504, which is 5th in the league and 388 behind the league leader, which was Jordan.
Who also led the Bulls in FGA at 1625, 400 more than the next closest guy and 266 off the league lead.
Kevin Durant had 1366, and over 600 more than the next closest guy. And he was 324 behind Lebron for the league lead.

Do I need to keep going???
Old 01-05-2016, 06:18 PM   #50
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Yea I call bull**** on this...go look at these rookie years. Lebron had 1492 FGA, most on his team 592 more than the next closest guy on his team. And 217 of those from 3, more than double the next closest guy on his team. And he only missed 3 games that season. And he was 4th in the league in FGA, 119 less than the league leader.
AI led the 6ers in FGA at 1504, which is 5th in the league and 388 behind the league leader, which was Jordan.
Who also led the Bulls in FGA at 1625, 400 more than the next closest guy and 266 off the league lead.
Kevin Durant had 1366, and over 600 more than the next closest guy. And he was 324 behind Lebron for the league lead.

Dude, i don't wanna be next LeBron, i don't wanna be 'chosen one' maybe i want to be superstar who emerges after 4-5 seasons. If i got drafted to team with superstar i want those same superstars to play like that, 1st season i came to OKC Durant had like 22ppg and Westbrook had 19ppg ? In which reality those 2 have numbers like that ? Even if i'm so called next LeBron..c'mon now LeBron came to team where he was instant star even in his 1st year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw
Old 01-05-2016, 10:06 PM   #51
Rookie

Quote:

Your comparison is flawed simply because there is no way in hell LeBron in his rookie year is gonna be a 65OVR player. Most likely he'll be near the 80 OVR range, which'll make him a permanent starter and even a possible star right away. Same with Durant.

I'd agree with you IF we start our NBA career rated 70+. Then we can be somewhat ballhog-ish, but still not gonna be like what it is now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2016, 10:11 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Your comparison is flawed simply because there is no way in hell LeBron in his rookie year is gonna be a 65OVR player. Most likely he'll be near the 80 OVR range, which'll make him a permanent starter and even a possible star right away. Same with Durant.

I'd agree with you IF we start our NBA career rated 70+. Then we can be somewhat ballhog-ish, but still not gonna be like what it is now.
I wasn't talking about in the game though. He said IRL, which means IN REAL LIFE, a guy would get benched for shooting so much in a game. And I went and looked at stats and proved him wrong. I had no intentions about talking in game. He made a claim about real life and I brought examples where he was wrong.
Old 01-06-2016, 07:06 AM   #53
Pro

BellSKA's Arena

Quote:
I wasn't talking about in the game though. He said IRL, which means IN REAL LIFE, a guy would get benched for shooting so much in a game. And I went and looked at stats and proved him wrong. I had no intentions about talking in game. He made a claim about real life and I brought examples where he was wrong.
First off, stop picking fights just to pick them. 2nd, that Cavs team had nobody on it. They needed someone to carry the work load. Like other posters said, he was the most capable player on that team to do that. It wasn't like free agents were pushing people out of the way to go play there. Like Noah said, you ever hear of anyone wanting to take vacation in Cleveland?
Old 01-08-2016, 06:42 PM   #54
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Interesting. Playing SG myself and can't get into position fast enough at the beginning to even attempt to get rebounds lol
I was getting A+ on 55ovr 6'7" Outside Scoring PG , Pro Casual 6min QTRS (Philly)

Was the same on 6'3 balanced PG career playing for the Blazers on Superstar Default. I facilitated and only attempted open jumpers, only attacked when there was a free lane to the basket.

I feel the game does reward you for right actions but severely punishes you for turnovers and holding ball too long or fouls. The good things you can do are plentiful and can add up but one blunder can lose you half a grade or more.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 01-08-2016, 06:44 PM   #55
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernte
it would be a good start if i was substituted when my teams is 25+ points ahead with 6 mins left in the 4th quarter insted of me playing up to 44 mins, no matter what the score is.
Have coach ask if you want to stay in or sub out .

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2016, 06:49 PM   #56
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellSKA
First off, stop picking fights just to pick them. 2nd, that Cavs team had nobody on it. They needed someone to carry the work load. Like other posters said, he was the most capable player on that team to do that. It wasn't like free agents were pushing people out of the way to go play there. Like Noah said, you ever hear of anyone wanting to take vacation in Cleveland?
We also have option to play on Rookie and Pro lol. My 55 PG became a starter for Philly playing on Pro 6min QTR.

The game will reward you for production, it's plain and that simple.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »