Home

Whose bright idea was it to give fouls for contesting shots with the RS

This is a discussion on Whose bright idea was it to give fouls for contesting shots with the RS within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2016, 04:32 PM   #17
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Whose bright idea was it to give fouls for contesting shots with the RS

Well I made a thread about more logic being built into fouls....and this should definitely be included....it should probably only trigger when your really crowding someone's airspace on a jumper....
Old 01-03-2016, 04:36 PM   #18
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeloJello
Just coming from NBA 2k13 I have never seen how many bailout fouls since I start playing 2k16. I am playing with Defensive assist strength at 0. Got in a perfect position to defend and I still go into that BS bailout animation. Its annoying as hell man. I can understand if I press Turbo and Block button but not even pressing those 2 still results in a bailout foul.

I do agree with this, there shouldnt be a foul proof option but dont punish the player who is playing very good defense by having that BS bailout animation being trigger.
The intense D button should affect whether you want a hard houl on the drive. Unfortunately 2k likes auto animations to control momentums/runs.
Old 01-03-2016, 04:40 PM   #19
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

It's weird because they almost always make the shot and get the and 1. I've noticed that jumping into the shooter (when they aren't pumpfaking) rarely results in fouls. They only fall down when you right stick contest.
Old 01-03-2016, 04:51 PM   #20
Rookie

Speaking of the devil, look at what just happen to me. For trying to put my hands up. This happen. As you see here both my hands was going up then all of a sudden MyPlayer decide to do a flagrant foul.

Old 01-03-2016, 04:53 PM   #21
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO6IX
It's weird because they almost always make the shot and get the and 1. I've noticed that jumping into the shooter (when they aren't pumpfaking) rarely results in fouls. They only fall down when you right stick contest.

Yep, I had Vucevic hit a game tying shot on me when I was LT contesting with Zeller...this is actually what made me switch to manual...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2016, 06:23 PM   #22
Pro

Maybe they could add in a close out attribute among the player ratings, in addition to "shot contest" and "on ball defense iq". The higher it would be the lower the chance you have of fouling the shooter on an aggressive close out. I'm assuming "shot contest" already is supposed to influence the shooter's shot success, if not then this proposed "close out" could serve that purpose as well.

Although i'm not sure how they could objectively come up with the proper values for each player, it'd probably just end up being a bs stat for most players based on popular opinion. Then again, that wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary.

edit: Oh yeah, those bailout fouls in the post when simply keeping your hands up need to go as well. Unless i'm doing something wrong that i don't know about.

Last edited by Lord Bonium; 01-03-2016 at 06:26 PM.
Old 01-03-2016, 06:47 PM   #23
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Make sure you just hold the right stick up and don't hold LT/L2.

I'd say that works 90% of the time. Occasionally though, the game will force you to jump which is frustrating.
Old 01-04-2016, 12:43 PM   #24
Pro

^^ Thanks, that explains it. I'm usually holding L2 while holding RS since i thought it was supposed to put you in the defensive stance. That's the way i've done it for years now, guess they changed it or i've been lucky for the past however many years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »