Home

This isn't basketball...

This is a discussion on This isn't basketball... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2015, 05:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
This isn't basketball...

I'm at my wits end with this game.

Really wish 2K would do SOMETHING to prevent this game from breaking down into a turbo-spamming game of NBA Jam 2K16.

I play online and it's the same crap in 90% of the games. Guys turbo-ing down the middle of the court at breakneck speed heaving passes to guys directly in front of them that they magically catch (even though in real life these passes would hit them in the back of the friggin' head).

(The spacing and AI when it comes to running lanes on the fast break in this game is archaic.)

Either that...or it's endless turbo-ing baseline...or the "hot potato" fast break passing nonsense that's been a cheeser STAPLE in 2K for about 5 or 6 years now.

And it's not that I don't win...because this isn't a thread I made because I'm losing. I'm winning 60-70% of my games. But even the games I win aren't ENJOYABLE. It's just me trying to figure out a way to defend the non-stop CHEESE and turbo-induced madness that I have to deal with.

It's beyond frustrating to play SIM basketball...****n sets and plays and make the right reads on the PnR and make smart passes....only to inexplicably MISS wide open shots. While at the same time, the mouth-breathers I play against TURBO-SPAM down the court lead-passing like the ball is a damn hot potato...and have amazing success doing it.

What is the point? Why even bother to try to play the game the right way when 2K has once AGAIN created a game trying to appease the cheesers who want to turbo around all day.

I'll say it again...until they either LIMIT or REMOVE the way TURBO works in this game, the game will remain BROKEN.

/rant
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2015, 05:58 PM   #2
Pro

DevSwerve's Arena

Re: This isn't basketball...

Return your copy then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-30-2015, 06:01 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

I'm starting to feel the same way. Even when I win online I don't enjoy it because of all the sprinting that takes place. It's really too bad because it plays a solid game of basketball offline. The game plays way better offline for some reason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-30-2015, 06:05 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Review
I'm starting to feel the same way. Even when I win online I don't enjoy it because of all the sprinting that takes place. It's really too bad because it plays a solid game of basketball offline. The game plays way better offline for some reason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It's not a bad game. It's just there are no repercussions Online for playing it like a whacked-out meth head who just drank two pots of coffee.

The way TURBO breaks down everything becomes obvious once you see how these cheeser idiots use it as a CRUTCH that fixes everything.

It changes the whole game...and for the WORSE. The defense doesn't get back or even get set when someone just heaves inbounds passes 1/3 or halfway down the court and then TURBO's into the paint.

If a player did this in the NBA....it would be a DISASTER. But, in 2K16...do it with Russell Westbrook...and it's unstoppable.
Old 12-30-2015, 06:15 PM   #5
The Answer

Dmanning2's Arena

Watching the Hawks Rockets game last night, and watching the Hawks bust the butts to get back on defense..Honestly don't think it would be fun if it was implemented into the game like it is in real life.

Bazemore and Teague broke up every Dwight Howard outlet pass to Harden and Ariza
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2015, 06:24 PM   #6
Rookie

I feel you man. I'm like 38-5 or so online but i'm not finding it enjoyable at all anymore. It was a blast at first but as you go on to upper leagues you have to deal with more and more cheese. All these nonstop fast breaks and nonstop turbo spamming are annoying. It's always the same thing too man, either turbo baseline or turbo down the middle and pass to their center who for some odd reason is open for an absurd amount of time. I had an opponent use the 'Frobe' Lakers and Shaq had 28 points alone off of that fastbreak nonsense. They should make sim lobbies or something to reduce the amount of cheese filled games, it would be a lot more enjoyable online.

Just so no one overreacts, I am not saying 2k16 is horrible. I am strictly speaking about the online portion of this game. Offline is amazing and imo the most complete 2k gameplay wise.

Last edited by GudStuffzz; 12-30-2015 at 06:26 PM.
Old 12-30-2015, 06:29 PM   #7
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kNerd
I'm at my wits end with this game.

Really wish 2K would do SOMETHING to prevent this game from breaking down into a turbo-spamming game of NBA Jam 2K16.

I play online and it's the same crap in 90% of the games. Guys turbo-ing down the middle of the court at breakneck speed heaving passes to guys directly in front of them that they magically catch (even though in real life these passes would hit them in the back of the friggin' head).

(The spacing and AI when it comes to running lanes on the fast break in this game is archaic.)

Either that...or it's endless turbo-ing baseline...or the "hot potato" fast break passing nonsense that's been a cheeser STAPLE in 2K for about 5 or 6 years now.

And it's not that I don't win...because this isn't a thread I made because I'm losing. I'm winning 60-70% of my games. But even the games I win aren't ENJOYABLE. It's just me trying to figure out a way to defend the non-stop CHEESE and turbo-induced madness that I have to deal with.

It's beyond frustrating to play SIM basketball...****n sets and plays and make the right reads on the PnR and make smart passes....only to inexplicably MISS wide open shots. While at the same time, the mouth-breathers I play against TURBO-SPAM down the court lead-passing like the ball is a damn hot potato...and have amazing success doing it.

What is the point? Why even bother to try to play the game the right way when 2K has once AGAIN created a game trying to appease the cheesers who want to turbo around all day.

I'll say it again...until they either LIMIT or REMOVE the way TURBO works in this game, the game will remain BROKEN.

/rant
The game will never prevent people from playing crappy basketball. You are just playing the wrong people. Start playing different people.

Problem solved.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Old 12-30-2015, 06:33 PM   #8
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com
The game will never prevent people from playing crappy basketball. You are just playing the wrong people. Start playing different people.

Problem solved.
2K doesn't facilitate this at all

There should be a gamemode called "Actual basketball" with some unique sliders that can be voted on by the community or something that allows an evolving simulation basketball environment without having to face guys who spam cheese moves all game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »