Home

Major props to who that picks their hometown teams besides the Warriors and Cavs

This is a discussion on Major props to who that picks their hometown teams besides the Warriors and Cavs within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2016, 11:15 AM   #17
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Major props to who that picks their hometown teams besides the Warriors and Cavs

I've had people give me crap for picking the Thunder because they think I just want to turbo around with Westbrook and Durant all game. Really ... I just want to play with my hometown team. I sometimes go out of my way to score with Ibaka, Waiters, and Kanter just to prove that I know more about the team than just Westbrook and Durant.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:23 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Major props to who that picks their hometown teams besides the Warriors and Cavs

Been playing with my bucks since we could play online.

The only problem with playing with bad small market teams is that 2k doesn't take the time to get player animations right. Like to this day middleton's shot is still far from real life. Sucks because his shot is unique and extremely quick release.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:41 PM   #19
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by barond57
Been playing with my bucks since we could play online.

The only problem with playing with bad small market teams is that 2k doesn't take the time to get player animations right. Like to this day middleton's shot is still far from real life. Sucks because his shot is unique and extremely quick release.
Agree with you 100%

I only play as the Sixers, don't play a lot against other guys online but I'm 14-3 so far.

I watch every single game, I know how these guys play 1-15 and I play to their strengths in 2K so it comes easier to me.

But guys like Covington and Thompson (shooters), their jumpers are off. Our guards crossovers suck. Etc.

If I didn't play as the Sixers every time then I wouldn't know their jumper timing for the life of me....

And aye, I don't like people using the teams "bad" as an excuse not to play as them. I never consider the team in-game as bad because I know exactly what I can and can't do. Fast breaks all game off of good rotating defense. When the offense slows, get it to Okafor period. Surround him with lineups that have shooters.

-Allen Iverson
Old 01-05-2016, 01:45 PM   #20
MVP

HARLEE23's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
I've had people give me crap for picking the Thunder because they think I just want to turbo around with Westbrook and Durant all game. Really ... I just want to play with my hometown team. I sometimes go out of my way to score with Ibaka, Waiters, and Kanter just to prove that I know more about the team than just Westbrook and Durant.
I've done the same on the Cavs, when Irving was out I benched LeBron for the majority of the game and rolled with what I had.
NCAAF- Ohio State
NCAAB- UK
Wrestling Fan

The Ace- Coaching Career of Jordan James
Old 01-05-2016, 03:03 PM   #21
Rookie

GradyMac's Arena

Hornets all day, ever day! Tier 3 beasts at the mid range!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2016, 06:50 PM   #22
Pro

GSWarriors9's Arena

OVR: 6

It's kind of bitter sweet for me with the Warriors being the best team in the league. I've always only used them online dating back to 2K8 when we weren't that good so I feel really guilty at times now. I was actually looking forward to using them last week when Curry was out but there wasn't ever a roster update. I usually do randoms offline when I play with my friends but online the Warriors are the only team to give me the most joy so I've stuck with them. I usually go out of my way not to score with Curry as much. Andre Iguodala or Shaun Livingston are usually my top scorers whenever I play, though there are games when I'm playing Cleveland or OKC where I'll do more with him. I think it ultimately comes down to playing basketball the right way. If you have a top team and just shoot with the best player all the time it's easy to defend and gets old. The people who use ball movement and spread the shots around are the real players.
Old 01-05-2016, 07:22 PM   #23
Rookie

I don't have a home town team. But I've been using the a Memphis this year. The one thing online players can't stand is a slow pace grind it out game. #Grindhouse

Sent from my STUDIO6_0HD using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2016, 07:28 PM   #24
Pro

Mbunn1993's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_r_o_w_l_
I don't have a home town team. But I've been using the a Memphis this year. The one thing online players can't stand is a slow pace grind it out game. #Grindhouse

Sent from my STUDIO6_0HD using Tapatalk
Except when you try and slow it down and post up and they instantly double you or spam steal and then turbo down the court the other way for an and-1

I too love slowing it down when I can. I watch ALL my free throw animations. Not only to slow down the game, but to get me to settle down a bit if I'm not doing well. People get fed up with it and usually causes them to try and speed it up and then make a mistake

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »