Home

1. On ball screen (center), 2. hedge (center), 3. off ball screen, 4. post?

This is a discussion on 1. On ball screen (center), 2. hedge (center), 3. off ball screen, 4. post? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2016, 01:56 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13

I have read almost all the threads and posts and I realized that these few settings have confusing answers so I would like to discuss these one more time with a new thread to clear up things

So let's use a scenerio to explain things to make it easier for all of us to understand, I am playing against the COM, I am using Lowry to defender Parker, Duncan comes over to screen Parker, I will receive help d from Biyombo, ok? So on Parker's defensive setting page...

On ball screen (center) - so if now that Biyombo is the center for my team, he is giving help defense in this pnr situation, if I set it to go under, then Lowry will go under Duncan, if I set it to go over, then Lowry will go fight through and go over Duncan, but what is ICE?

Hedge (center) - so if I set it to soft hedge, Biyombo will give a little bit of help, if I set it to hard hedge, Biyombo will give a lot of help, if I set it to soft hedge, then Biyombo will give little help

So the key here is, on ball screen applies to what Lowry will do when the on ball screen comes from a center of the opponent team?

And, hedge meaning help from the player which is Biymobo guarding the offensive player who is giving the screen which is the Duncan now, and how Biyombo will react once the pnr is being executed...correct?

For off ball screen, I believe there are two options in this, go over or go under, and I think what that means is with go over, the defender will fight through screens to follow the player trying to get the ball off the off screens, so I guess it is sort of like defenders chasing off Reggie Miller or Richard Hamilton? Then shouldn't it always be going over for sharp shooters as you don't want them to even catch the ball, and for bad shooters, it is ok to let them have the ball after they are going through the off screens such as having Tony Allen to get the ball off the screen you are not going to worry too much because after he gets the ball he will not shoot the ball? Correct?

Post, front and back I get the meaning, but 3/4 top and bottom, help guys!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2016, 08:27 AM   #2
Pro

JoFri's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 1. On ball screen (center), 2. hedge (center), 3. off ball screen, 4. post?

let me try. need disclaimer - am only on superstar. i know, u like it on hof.

1. watch some 2ktv man. lowry and biyombo go all out to stop parker and leave duncan alone. this is ice.
2. on ball screen applies to whoever is coming to screen, doesnt need to be the centre. u may want carroll to hedge more and biyombo to hedge less bcos centre recover slower.
3. say hamilton uses ben wallace to screen at the low post, go under means derozan sprint along the baseline to chase hamilton. if go over, derozan may get caught up with another wallace screen at the key. thats my guess. someone pls correct me if i'm wrong.
4. 3/4 top u cover the key and force rasheed to catch the ball near to the baseline. 3/4 bottom u cover the base and force rasheed to catch the ball near to the key. the animation triggers when u hold the left trigger and/or right stick towards rasheed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »