Home

MyCareer Substitution, Rotation frustration

This is a discussion on MyCareer Substitution, Rotation frustration within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2016, 01:02 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: MyCareer Substitution, Rotation frustration

As of late they take me out more. But, I think the line ups need to stop being so random. Like why is the coach changing the lineup after every game!?
Old 01-24-2016, 03:27 AM   #18
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

OVR: 0

They also really need to improve the lineup construction/minutes logic.

I took Kemba's starting PG spot on the Hornets, and he was coming off the bench, which was GREAT. We didn't have to play together that often and cramp eachother's style. We were starting Shabazz Muhammad at the 2 and our lineup had a good balance. Shabazz can shoot, and he can match up with 2 guards on defense.

Kemba must have had low morale or something because they crammed him back into the lineup and shifted me to SG. I'm 6'0 and 180lbs. I'm Chris Paul size. I can not guard 2's. Neither could Kemba for that matter, but at least he's slightly bigger than me.

So now I have to play off ball half the time even though that's not suited to my strengths at all.

To make it worse, we also have Jeremy Lin set to get 29 minutes a game as the 6th man now, and we also have Austin Rivers slotted for 15 minutes.

4 of our top 9 players are point guards, and they're combining for, according to the allotment, 108 minutes a night. The entire backcourt can only play 96 minutes combined lol.

Now obviously these guys aren't getting those minutes, because the game realizes it can't play them those minutes once the game starts. But why can't the lineup logic figure that out on it's own?

If the game knew what it was doing, a point guard would have been traded from the Hornets roster months ago. Instead, I'm sure right before the trade deadline hits we'll probably trade one of our precious few bigs/wings for another point guard
Old 01-26-2016, 03:51 AM   #19
Rookie

has patch 5 changed anything about the minutes you (have to) play?
Old 01-26-2016, 04:27 AM   #20
nox
Rookie

nox's Arena

to have fun in MC you have to limit yourself and find a decent squad

I recently transfered to the bulls as SF and turned on playvision, my points are allot less and my minutes have decreassed, but it's so much fun playing together with noah, butler, rose and gasol, it's the perfect floor combo and so far we've gone undefeated.

best thing is some nights I have 30 points, other I have 12, sometimes the coach calls on me the other times on rose, I love it
Old 01-26-2016, 06:51 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

I stopped playing MC after i became starter. I was forced to play 46-48mins every game. It wasn't fun anymore, and it was unrealistic.

This is the biggest issue to me, if 2k17 doesn't fix this, i dont think i buy it.

And it's the same thing in quick games also. Substitution logic is awful. Starters start every quarter, and they usually play the whole fourth quarter, from start to finish.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2016, 01:48 PM   #22
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nox
to have fun in MC you have to limit yourself and find a decent squad

I recently transfered to the bulls as SF and turned on playvision, my points are allot less and my minutes have decreassed, but it's so much fun playing together with noah, butler, rose and gasol, it's the perfect floor combo and so far we've gone undefeated.

best thing is some nights I have 30 points, other I have 12, sometimes the coach calls on me the other times on rose, I love it
Yep. I've always used PlayVision. I don't know how anyone could have fun just freestyling every time down the court, especially as a PG. I love running the offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvort
I stopped playing MC after i became starter. I was forced to play 46-48mins every game. It wasn't fun anymore, and it was unrealistic.

This is the biggest issue to me, if 2k17 doesn't fix this, i dont think i buy it.

And it's the same thing in quick games also. Substitution logic is awful. Starters start every quarter, and they usually play the whole fourth quarter, from start to finish.
I've been a starter for a while now and still haven't had this issue yet. I'm playing 34 minutes a night. I usually play the 1st quarter, come out at the start of the 2nd, come back in with 5-6 minutes left. Then in the 2nd half, I play the first 6 minutes of the 3rd quarter, come out until the start of the 4th, and play the entire 4th.
Old 01-26-2016, 03:19 PM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden's Jowels
Yep. I've always used PlayVision. I don't know how anyone could have fun just freestyling every time down the court, especially as a PG. I love running the offense.

I've been a starter for a while now and still haven't had this issue yet. I'm playing 34 minutes a night. I usually play the 1st quarter, come out at the start of the 2nd, come back in with 5-6 minutes left. Then in the 2nd half, I play the first 6 minutes of the 3rd quarter, come out until the start of the 4th, and play the entire 4th.
what's your overall rating? i believe that the game is that simple and just let's you play more minutes the better you are, not matter how a game actually develops.
Old 01-27-2016, 05:39 AM   #24
nox
Rookie

nox's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernte
what's your overall rating? i believe that the game is that simple and just let's you play more minutes the better you are, not matter how a game actually develops.
the game gives you minutes depending on how dominant you are in the scoring area and such, try playvision it gives you mroe of a team feeling and will reduce your minutes, though I'd advise you to get a trade first or sign with another team, that'll lesson minutes too

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »