Home

MyCareer Substitution, Rotation frustration

This is a discussion on MyCareer Substitution, Rotation frustration within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2016, 03:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
MyCareer Substitution, Rotation frustration

Am I the only one who gets increasingly frustrated with the subbsituing in MyCareer. Well for a couple of reasons

1. Once you become a starter and you're a star you play a crapload of minutes and it seems like no matter the conditions you have to play all third reasons

2. We have to play 82 games, I don't want to play 40 minutes in every game.

3. Why the hell am I still in the game when my team is ahead by 20 to start the fourth, or with 5 minutes to go in the fourth. It doesn't make sense. Why the hell am I still in the game when my team is up 25 in the second quarter.

3. It comes to a point where I result to fouling out to gets some of my minutes cut.

4. Off number 3, there are times where I foul consecutively, sometimes getting 3 in the first quarter but I'm still kept in the game

I know the easier solution will be to lower the minutes of the game but then I won't be playing sim and I'll se sacrificing some realistic stats. This is really frustrating
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2016, 04:00 PM   #2
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: MyCareer Substitution, Rotation frustration

There's an option to "Ask out and sim" or whatever. You still get VC.

I only see it in the 2nd half when the point differential is 10/11+. I usually just ask out & get my VC when we're up by 15+ in the 3rd, and let the sim engine do what it does.

I agree with the foul situation, but I'll just play more conservatively on D if I'm racking up the fouls.

It does seem like you're beholden to the rotation no matter what, but you can sim the rest of the blowout games & still get your VC.
Old 01-08-2016, 02:55 AM   #3
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2

I only see it in the 2nd half when the point differential is 10/11+. I usually just ask out & get my VC when we're up by 15+ in the 3rd, and let the sim engine do what it does.

I agree with the foul situation, but I'll just play more conservatively on D if I'm racking up the fouls.

It does seem like you're beholden to the rotation no matter what, but you can sim the rest of the blowout games & still get your VC.
With this method, as dumb as coach and teammate AI still are, you've screwed yourself if the game goes on one of those 3rd/4th quarter runs that it does while you're out. I've had it happen a few times, up 15+ in the 3rd asked out only to lose the lead and the game. It's very frustrating. I want to know what happened to minutes fix they put in patch 3(iirc), I would get subbed out strategically when leading/behind to be able to take/keep the lead late in games and I would rarely play late in blowouts.
Old 01-08-2016, 08:36 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 0

I never wanted to be star in mycareer, i always wanted to be 6th man ala J.Crawford or Ginobili but game forces me to be GOAT lol, even against Phila i must play whole game on top notch level like it's playoff finals game 7 ^^ jeezus christ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw
Old 01-08-2016, 09:03 AM   #5
Pro

scooterperpetual's Arena

Yea my guy plays 48mins at least once a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2016, 03:47 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Any hope for something to battle this tomfoolery?
Old 01-08-2016, 07:27 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConcord11
Any hope for something to battle this tomfoolery?
Nope, especially playing as a center. I Avg 38 minutes a game which is kinda crazy. Yeah the rotation are horrible. The subbing of the second unit in a blowout with you still on the floor baffles me. I know people say bout the ask to quit with VC intact. The problem with that it does mess up ur stats somtimes. I remember doing that in the 4th. My center never took a 3 and didnt have a single foul. When I ask to sim, I had 5 fouls and took 5 threes all in the 4th quarter. That the problem asking to sim.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Old 01-10-2016, 05:58 AM   #8
Rookie

totally agree with the thread opener. it's completely unrealistic and unnecessary. in today's nba, players don't play more than 36-38 minutes if they don't have to. they even try to stay below that if possible. the game shoudl reflect that properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2

i've mentioned that in the other thread alredy. that's not what we want, because it will NOT actually take you out of the game, it will just sim the game to the end and it will affect your playing time and your stats. as someone who wants not to have any simulated stats in his career, it's not a valid option.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »