Home

NBA 2K16 Roster Update Available Now, Details Included (1-8-16)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Roster Update Available Now, Details Included (1-8-16) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2016, 10:04 AM   #25
Rookie

Hornetz's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K16 Roster Update Available Now, Details Included (1-8-16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMan
Except you can't compare Allen's offensive game to Draymond's. Allen is a liability on offense. Teams literally ignore him when he's on the floor. Draymond is a legitimate weapon and a playmaker on offense while being elite defensively. He's well-rounded, Allen is not.

It's cool if you don't like Green, I don't either, but he's good.
There you are correct, he is no threat whatsoever on offense, but I didn't make the argument for his offensive abilities, I did for his defensive because you brought up defense? Also noting: considering Draymond Green a "top 5 defender" is a stretch because I believe those to be Tony Allen, Kawhi Leonard, Anthony Davis, LeBron James or Jimmy Butler, and if I want to throw some big men in I can do that also. I understand your belief of his defense to be elite (which I agree) but statistically he's no 89, nearly 90. Should he go up anymore, AT ALL, and he's with your top player whom will be in the all-star game starting. All with 15 points eh?

As far as liking him goes, this is not personal, if it was personal you'd see me complaining about Anthony Davis losing a point, but I didn't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2016, 10:04 AM   #26
Pro

CookNBA03's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornetz
I agree on the aspect that a player's stats reflect the type of player but still adherently believe that an 89 overall is dare I say, overrated?

I will use another excellent passing big man as my example, Blake Griffin.
This season Blake Griffin is averaging 23p, 8.7r, and an even 5a/ game.
We take those numbers vs. Draymond Green who shoots 46% while Blake Griffin is at 50%. Now using your argument of (a players stats reflect the player, I also maintain my argument that a players STATISTICS reflect his OVERALL in this game.

That all being said Draymond Green is an 89 and Blake Griffin is an 89 also. If I'm Blake Griffin my statistics are justified, for Draymond Green 1 more rebound and nearly 10 less points and I'm wondering where this comes from??? Now Damian Lillard who you pointed out, I was not making a case for, as he is not overrated is he?
Draymond is beating Blake in every traditional stat with the exception of points per game, Blake is shooting better from the field too. He's also beating Blake in just about every advanced stat except PIE and a few others with Blake at a 29.6 USG% and Draymond with 19.5 USG%. It's hard to argue that Draymond is overrated, dude is a beast and backs up his talk whenever he plays. Below is the URL to compare the two:

http://stats.nba.com/vs/#!/advanced?...layerID=201933

Draymond's individual stats over his last "x" amount of games is absurd, he's really good. I don't see how he's overrated in the slightest but I can see how people say that, usually saying that he's a product of the system but he basically is the system over there.

http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/20311...on&Split=lastn
Old 01-08-2016, 10:06 AM   #27
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornetz
There you are correct, he is no threat whatsoever on offense, but I didn't make the argument for his offensive abilities, I did for his defensive because you brought up defense? Also noting: considering Draymond Green a "top 5 defender" is a stretch because I believe those to be Tony Allen, Kawhi Leonard, Anthony Davis, LeBron James or Jimmy Butler, and if I want to throw some big men in I can do that also. I understand your belief of his defense to be elite (which I agree) but statistically he's no 90. Should he go up anymore, AT ALL, and he's with your top player whom will be in the all-star game starting. All with 15 points eh?

As far as liking him goes, this is not personal, if it was personal you'd see me complaining about Anthony Davis losing a point, but I didn't.
LeBron hasn't been an elite defender for a couple years now.

What ratings do you have a problem with for Draymond exactly?

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 01-08-2016, 10:08 AM   #28
Pro

CookNBA03's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by circuit
just cut it out with the D Rose stuff lol. they drop his physical attributes quickness, dunking in traffic, passing IQ, etc chill he's good
I just want to see more over a larger stretch of games, that's all I'm saying.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:10 AM   #29
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

They raised Manu and dropped Timmay....I guess that's fair. There goes my post game though, lol

I still cant believe we have a player rated 94 so its all good.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:10 AM   #30
Rookie

Love how people are forgetting that Draymond is a first team All-DEFENSE player who can drain threes, get double digit rebounds & assists, and go to work in the post.

He's a beast
Old 01-08-2016, 10:13 AM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyClaxton
That statement is true and coming from Kobe is completely justified. Draymond is type of player who does little bit of everything but 89 is just beyond overrated.
I have to disagree. I am by no means a Golden State fan (I do respect them) but Draymond Green is one of the best ALL AROUND players in the league. I have my gripes with a lot of 2K's ratings but Draymond's rating is justified.

Last edited by JKSportsGamer1984; 01-08-2016 at 10:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2016, 10:15 AM   #32
Rookie

Melo is 89 to 90 fg% 48.7
calderon is 77 fg% 49.9
DWILL IS 75 FG% 44%
Prozingis leave him at 81 1 bad shooting night does not make him 79

GIVE THE KNICKS SOME LOVE PLEASE IN PHIL WE TRUST................

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »