Home

Playing Defense

This is a discussion on Playing Defense within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2016, 08:38 PM   #41
Pro

JoFri's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Playing Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldkevin
probably i have found the solution to what is my problem, and I found it by chance in this thread http://www.operationsports.com/forum...p-defense.html
double teams are set to manual by default, right now I'm trying to play a game with double teams on auto and actually i can see a substantial difference, now my help defense is much reactive, my teammates are ready to double under the rim making life more difficult for my opponents..... I really hope this is the solution . Waiting for your feedbacks.....

yup that thread was meant to resolve the lack of double team by cpu bug pre-patch. they are meant for us to adjust the cpu settings to auto so that double team from cpu comes into play. post patch 2k has it solved.
i prefer to double manual. oh yes putting on auto for yor team definitely can help. keep it going!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2016, 02:32 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFri
yup that thread was meant to resolve the lack of double team by cpu bug pre-patch. they are meant for us to adjust the cpu settings to auto so that double team from cpu comes into play. post patch 2k has it solved.
i prefer to double manual. oh yes putting on auto for yor team definitely can help. keep it going!

let me understand, you are saying that the problem has been patched? so related to that the cpu DT didn't work because of the switches setted to manual?
Before a game I tried to change the team but switches are still on manual, for the user instead has remained completely unchanged? I have to put myself DT on auto?
Old 01-19-2016, 06:34 PM   #43
Pro

JoFri's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldkevin
let me understand, you are saying that the problem has been patched? so related to that the cpu DT didn't work because of the switches setted to manual?

Before a game I tried to change the team but switches are still on manual, for the user instead has remained completely unchanged? I have to put myself DT on auto?

yup. after the patch, u still see manual if u switch to control the cpu team. the DT however still works. teams (cpu) play DT differently. sometimes, u get a lot of DT from the cpu opponent i.e. on-catch. sometimes, DT happens when yor star player is at the post.
so if u want yor team to auto DT, u need to set it in the settings i.e. on catch, pn drive etc. it saves u from the hassle hitting the left trigger to double.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:45 AM   #44
Rookie

I have a question. Is there anyway to stop unnecessary help from corner defender. When opponents drive inside, my corner defender comes to help so I gave too much unnecessary wide open corner 3s.

ASUS_T00J cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
Old 01-20-2016, 06:08 AM   #45
Pro

JoFri's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisimsekelektro
I have a question. Is there anyway to stop unnecessary help from corner defender. When opponents drive inside, my corner defender comes to help so I gave too much unnecessary wide open corner 3s.

ASUS_T00J cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Yes. to achieve that, u need to be able to play on-ball D effectively on the ball handler. anytime the cpu drive past u with a slight opening (or simply a cross that makes u over commit), the opponent cpu helf defense will trigger.
the concept applies both cpu isolating u or running a pnr. especially if yor big man leaves his big to do a soft or hard hedge, the ai detects an opening and weak side help will come even with klay in the corner.

if u arent able to stop some players usually the case when there is mismatch, switch to off-ball and get ready to cover the 'over-help' instances by yor ai teammate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2016, 07:40 AM   #46
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Playing Defense

Critical stop on Melo here, getting a piece of the ball....

https://vid.me/hkap

Can't stress enough not crowding the ball handler constantly, you can really get some clean contests without fouling...
Old 01-22-2016, 08:22 PM   #47
Rookie

info0's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFri
Sorry to say this, but Defensive Settings are meant for YOUR own team only aka USER. They have nothing to do with CPU AI whatsoever.

But I do notice 2k throws updates v. often in GAME. The gameplay from each update plays different is what I did notice. Double teaming was never an issue for me or CPU AI. Actually I find CPU AI to be smart in some cases, but v. easily readible on others. This has not changed. AI will never be as good as Human brain though .
Old 01-22-2016, 09:57 PM   #48
Pro

JoFri's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by info0
Sorry to say this, but Defensive Settings are meant for YOUR own team only aka USER. They have nothing to do with CPU AI whatsoever.

But I do notice 2k throws updates v. often in GAME. The gameplay from each update plays different is what I did notice. Double teaming was never an issue for me or CPU AI. Actually I find CPU AI to be smart in some cases, but v. easily readible on others. This has not changed. AI will never be as good as Human brain though .

yap it was meant for that way. when game first released it was noticed DT was close to none at all. the poster in that thread then found a way by tweaking the CPU settings to trigger the CPU opponent DT on user. this was then resolved in one of the patch releases.
as a user, i dont expect myself to go in and tweak CPU defensive settings. that tweak was meant to make the game more challenging for us, so i'm fine with it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »