Home

With the Removal of Rec, It Feels Like There is No Community

This is a discussion on With the Removal of Rec, It Feels Like There is No Community within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2016, 08:32 AM   #25
Pro

yungsta404's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: With the Removal of Rec, It Feels Like There is No Community

I dont miss rec at all it was a MESS with its ridiculously long wait time. Even if you had a 5 man squad, which usually took a good bit of time to bring together, there was no guarantee you would even be able to play a game unless you are dedicated to spending hours upon hours finding a perfect set up that allows you to play.

You basically had to pray for a perfect scenario where

-there was an open crew spot

-the team on the court doesnt leave after the game and if they decided they didnt want to play anymore EVERYONE got off the spot and allow another group to get on the spots.

-Hope the opponents have enough of the same affiliates in the rec center to make a 5 man squad

-Hope the people with very few affiliates in the gym would be kind enough to get off the got next spots and allow a team to get on

-Hope you have dedicated teammates that are willing to wait hours with you to play a game or else its game over if someone leaves unless you want to recruit a random that could completely ruin your team and your experience

- Even if you finished a game, you had to hope there were people lined up ready to go or you will be wasting another half hour or so waiting for others to line up if you want to play another game

The design of this mode combined with the extreme immaturity of the 2k community just added an unnecessary hassle and frustration to the mode. I don't see how people who work full time or go to school full time would be willing to waste hours upon hours of their free time to sit and wait for a game that you might not even get to play.

Last edited by yungsta404; 01-12-2016 at 08:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2016, 12:58 PM   #26
Rookie

Icon5 Re: With the Removal of Rec, It Feels Like There is No Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungsta404
I dont miss rec at all it was a MESS with its ridiculously long wait time. Even if you had a 5 man squad, which usually took a good bit of time to bring together, there was no guarantee you would even be able to play a game unless you are dedicated to spending hours upon hours finding a perfect set up that allows you to play.

You basically had to pray for a perfect scenario where

-there was an open crew spot

-the team on the court doesnt leave after the game and if they decided they didnt want to play anymore EVERYONE got off the spot and allow another group to get on the spots.

-Hope the opponents have enough of the same affiliates in the rec center to make a 5 man squad

-Hope the people with very few affiliates in the gym would be kind enough to get off the got next spots and allow a team to get on

-Hope you have dedicated teammates that are willing to wait hours with you to play a game or else its game over if someone leaves unless you want to recruit a random that could completely ruin your team and your experience

- Even if you finished a game, you had to hope there were people lined up ready to go or you will be wasting another half hour or so waiting for others to line up if you want to play another game

The design of this mode combined with the extreme immaturity of the 2k community just added an unnecessary hassle and frustration to the mode. I don't see how people who work full time or go to school full time would be willing to waste hours upon hours of their free time to sit and wait for a game that you might not even get to play.
Nobody waited "hours" to play a game such an extreme exaggeration

As a counterpoint we can say if you got on a spot you could be playing for hours at a time

I remember going on 10+ win streaks in the rec and having teams and players join and wait just to play to try and end our streak

Community competitiveness is absent in 2k16

I would love to see the numbers for 2k15 vs 2k16 Rec and PROAM

I'd bet it highly favors Rec. I remember my entire friends list would be in the rec center and now they're barely even on 2k anymore

You guys can keep your PROAM. Just bring. Back rec for the people that prefer it.
Old 01-12-2016, 01:04 PM   #27
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTMG007
Nobody waited "hours" to play a game such an extreme exaggeration

As a counterpoint we can say if you got on a spot you could be playing for hours at a time

I remember going on 10+ win streaks in the rec and having teams and players join and wait just to play to try and end our streak

Community competitiveness is absent in 2k16

I would love to see the numbers for 2k15 vs 2k16 Rec and PROAM

I'd bet it highly favors Rec. I remember my entire friends list would be in the rec center and now they're barely even on 2k anymore

You guys can keep your PROAM. Just bring. Back rec for the people that prefer it.
Exactly my feelings.
Old 01-12-2016, 01:11 PM   #28
Rookie

GradyMac's Arena

Me and my friends play ProAm for the wins; not the rep.
Old 01-12-2016, 01:38 PM   #29
Rookie

dvazquez190's Arena

OVR: 2

Few things I'd like to share.

1. IMO Pro Am is better than Rec. I like that everyone has the opportunity to create and play on their own court. Yes it get's tiring seeing everyone use OVO themes and dark colored courts (something that should be addressed in 2K17) it is still nice to also see people's creativity.

2. Pro Am handles connection much better. Rec was a lag fest.

3. Matchmaking in Pro Am is a welcome change. Tired of having to wait to play a 5 on 5 just because i'm online alone.

4. Rep should be given to Pro Am games. At the end of the day your character is still online and should be given rep when playing Pro Am. This is my biggest gripe with Pro Am. Pro Am gives you absolutely 0 perks outside of VC. Where as the park has tons of perks for playing. So Rep should be added to Pro Am next year.

5. Pro Am was a good introduction. That said i'd like to see a bigger stat line recorded next year. I want to see All my stats, not just 3 of them. Maybe I just don't know where to look but All I see is Points, Rebounds, and Assists. I want to see Blocks, Steals, Turnovers (yes this as well). Shooting Percentages. The works.

Just my two cents.
Old 01-12-2016, 02:02 PM   #30
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12

See, and you guys' arguments are the VERY reason people like me love the idea of Pro Am.

My squad plays because we love basketball and would love to win. All of the rep and perks, you park guys can have at it man. That's the only reason you're playing and it shows in your play style.

Pro-Am is FINALLY a system that rewards you for playing team ball, and not the garbage cheesefest that is/was park/rec center.

I agree with the other posters, I'd be more than ok with you guys getting Rec back, especially if it means more realistic competition in Pro-Am and less people that quit once they get down 15-20 because their cheesy, lower difficulty park techniques won't work.

Follow this link to view 10 Yard Fight on Operation Sports >>10YF on OS
Old 01-12-2016, 02:31 PM   #31
Banned

Maybe reps should be given in pro-am games at least until they can fix one or two or all of the stat tracking and squad features that work and actually add to the mode.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2016, 02:36 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodii Rockets
See, and you guys' arguments are the VERY reason people like me love the idea of Pro Am.

My squad plays because we love basketball and would love to win. All of the rep and perks, you park guys can have at it man. That's the only reason you're playing and it shows in your play style.

Pro-Am is FINALLY a system that rewards you for playing team ball, and not the garbage cheesefest that is/was park/rec center.

I agree with the other posters, I'd be more than ok with you guys getting Rec back, especially if it means more realistic competition in Pro-Am and less people that quit once they get down 15-20 because their cheesy, lower difficulty park techniques won't work.
A good game mode has go have SOME kind of progression to keep people MORE interested. You won. Good. Now what? Nobody even can see what players contributed to that win. The stat tracking is broken and useless. Players still quit and get kicked. Theres nothing bringing the people who like Proam together in an interested and competitive community. Like someone said before theres less features than this game had in similar mode YEARS ago.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »